Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 100 to 108 of 141

Thread: You stay classy, American Atheists group

  1. #100
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: You stay classy, American Atheists group

    Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    BTW, what I really think this is all about is that US Christian make believe they are being persecuted at every turn. Even though they are the largest religious group in the US by a gigantic margin, they try to sell the false story that they are the most downtrodden and persecuted of religions. They see this bb as an opportunity to play for sympathy once again. It is really sad to watch them do it and it is so incredibly predictable.
    Sparky please dont label yourself as "Us Christians" because you are simply not a Christian and we have already seen that in your posted beliefs. You have zero ability to look at things in in a rational way or to be able to read between the lines and it is very obvious you cant make any type of real argument.

    In fact to support your claim that the billboard was not meant to attack the beliefs of religious people you posted a statement by the billboard creators saying in fact the purpose of the billboard was to attack peoples religious beliefs.

  2. #101

    Default Re: You stay classy, American Atheists group

    I think Sparky meant that as "United States Christians"

    In fact to support your claim that the billboard was not meant to attack the beliefs of religious people you posted a statement by the billboard creators saying in fact the purpose of the billboard was to attack peoples religious beliefs.

    I noticed this too, and I laughed.

    Man, this thread is like a car wreck. I know it's going to be painful to read, because all meaningful conversation stopped a long time ago, but I can't look away.

  3. #102

    Default Re: You stay classy, American Atheists group

    Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    BTW, what I really think this is all about is that US Christian make believe they are being persecuted at every turn. Even though they are the largest religious group in the US by a gigantic margin, they try to sell the false story that they are the most downtrodden and persecuted of religions. They see this bb as an opportunity to play for sympathy once again. It is really sad to watch them do it and it is so incredibly predictable.
    I'll go on record as saying that I'm not one who thinks that Christians are being persecuted. I likely find that argument as absurd (or more) than you do.

    As I always say, I never seem to have any problem practicing my faith on Sundays, and if our church is closed-as it is today-I can find another Lutheran church to go worship at.

    I agree that that argument gets REALLY old.
    Last edited by ban basketball; 12-12-2010 at 11:38 AM.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  4. #103

    Default Re: You stay classy, American Atheists group

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Sparky please dont label yourself as "Us Christians" because you are simply not a Christian and we have already seen that in your posted beliefs. You have zero ability to look at things in in a rational way or to be able to read between the lines and it is very obvious you cant make any type of real argument.

    In fact to support your claim that the billboard was not meant to attack the beliefs of religious people you posted a statement by the billboard creators saying in fact the purpose of the billboard was to attack peoples religious beliefs.
    First off, it was supposed to be US as in United states. Secondly it is immensely obvious I bring far far far more reason and rational thougt to my thinking than the highly oversensitive religionist who IMAGINE that they see an attack in the BB.

    And of course finally, I am not surprised that you guys again misread the purpose as stated by the organization. It did not in any way say or even imply they were attacking the beliefs of people. It was attacking the MYTH that Christian's have sole possession of the soltice season. I am not surprised you hypersensitive religious types cannot think rationally enough to understand plain English.

  5. #104

    Default Re: You stay classy, American Atheists group

    Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    I think Sparky meant that as "United States Christians"

    In fact to support your claim that the billboard was not meant to attack the beliefs of religious people you posted a statement by the billboard creators saying in fact the purpose of the billboard was to attack peoples religious beliefs.

    I noticed this too, and I laughed.
    You are correct on the US Christian arm-spin. BTW, I got a huge laugh at you agreeing with Ugly's silly and obviously mistaken take on this too arm-spin. Thanks for bringing a little humor into my morning.

    Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Man, this thread is like a car wreck. I know it's going to be painful to read, because all meaningful conversation stopped a long time ago, but I can't look away.
    Last edited by coachsparky; 12-12-2010 at 11:55 AM.

  6. #105

    Find Re: You stay classy, American Atheists group

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    I'll go on record as saying that I'm not one who thinks that Christians are being persecuted. I likely find that argument as absurd (or more) than you do.

    As I always say, I never seem to have any problem practicing my faith on Sundays, and if our church is closed-as it is today-I can find another Lutheran church to go worship at.

    I agree that that argument gets REALLY old.
    We are on the same page there old pal.

  7. #106

    Default Re: You stay classy, American Atheists group

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Sparky please dont label yourself as "Us Christians" because you are simply not a Christian and we have already seen that in your posted beliefs.
    UGLY, let me start with the fact that I am a Christian. I belief that the man Jesus existed and led and exemplary life as a somewhat unorthodox Jewish Rabbi/teacher. His impact on society is both unparalleled by any other single human being and very positive as he changed the whole way people looked at God from a vengeful warrior God to a loving fatherly figure. His influence even goes to modern day Judaism. I am a follower of his teaching and therefore I am a Christian.
    Last edited by coachsparky; 12-12-2010 at 12:09 PM.

  8. #107
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: You stay classy, American Atheists group

    Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    I have made no such comment stating you are Christian, I have simply made comments based upon what you have written. Therefore we are in the exact same position in regards to having made assumptions about each other. Either we both have or neither of us have. There is no other option.
    Ok now we are @ the point where I have say black you say white. This is no longer a discussion or a DEBATE.

  9. #108
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: You stay classy, American Atheists group

    Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    Wrong, if I have to be there, then it is not objective. All I need is the evidence of what occurred. If you have something to back it up then you may be right. But if it is all in your perception, then it is what is called imagination and it is 100 percent untrue.
    Wow. Spark if you really believe that then we don't have enough of a shared reality to further this discussion. Usually video or photographs are secondary to first hand eye witness accounts. I know what I can do & I have enough people witness it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •