Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 28 to 36 of 55
Discuss Keith Olbermann suspended by MSNBC indefinitely without pay for campaign donations at the Politics & Religion within the Wrestling Talk Forums; Originally Posted by ban basketball I had hoped that someone actually listened to the NPR ...
  1. #28
    Olympic Champ quinn14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,754

    Default Re: Keith Olbermann suspended by MSNBC indefinitely without pay for campaign donations

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    I had hoped that someone actually listened to the NPR program "On Point" that interviewed the executive of NPR who made the decision to fire Williams and would post her comments/reasoning on here, but to no avail.

    This was the program. Yes, you have to listen to it, but she gets to the point very quickly into the program. This ought to answer all of your speculation.

    http://www.onpointradio.org/2010/10/...r-news-debates
    First of all, to your first paragraph, the reason no one posted it is because no one listens to NPR. That isn't a shot, it's the truth. Now, to the part we were supposed to get to to hear her explanation, could you post a time for that? I'm not being a smartass, I actually listen for two minutes and noticed that it was 46 minutes long and grew impatient. I am not the most patient person in the world. If you could post where to find the explanation, I would appreciate it.

  2. #29
    Olympic Champ quinn14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,754

    Default Re: Keith Olbermann suspended by MSNBC indefinitely without pay for campaign donations

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Here's an example of some of the "Muslim garb" that Williams was referring to.

    http://muslimswearingthings.tumblr.com/
    Now your being silly. You know darn well he wasn't talking about some kid in a basketball uniform. He was talking about the robes and headgear and beards and all the traditional stuff. Don't try to dumb it down with this sort of stuff.

    I get nervous walking down the street and seeing a bunch of guys dressed in colors coming towards me. I will definitely get my wife out of there and try to get out of there myself. This could be a bunch of thespians trying to sing Christmas Carols, for all I know. But the thought is definitely there. What Juan said was honest. And if you ask any black man how he feels walking into a country bar with people dressed in boots, jeans, flannel shirts and cowboy boots, I'll guarantee you they will say the same thing. Juan got fired for being honest, IMO.

  3. #30
    NCAA Champ ban basketball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,817

    Default Re: Keith Olbermann suspended by MSNBC indefinitely without pay for campaign donations

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    First of all, to your first paragraph, the reason no one posted it is because no one listens to NPR. That isn't a shot, it's the truth. Now, to the part we were supposed to get to to hear her explanation, could you post a time for that? I'm not being a smartass, I actually listen for two minutes and noticed that it was 46 minutes long and grew impatient. I am not the most patient person in the world. If you could post where to find the explanation, I would appreciate it.
    As I said, it is addressed early in the program; I don't know specifically when, as I listened to it live, and know that it happened early. You can listen to it yourself.

    Also nice to see that no one listens to NPR, as you claim. LOL!!! http://www.npr.org/templates/archive...ngId=126723689
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  4. #31
    NCAA Champ ban basketball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,817

    Default Re: Keith Olbermann suspended by MSNBC indefinitely without pay for campaign donations

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Now your being silly. You know darn well he wasn't talking about some kid in a basketball uniform. He was talking about the robes and headgear and beards and all the traditional stuff. Don't try to dumb it down with this sort of stuff.

    I get nervous walking down the street and seeing a bunch of guys dressed in colors coming towards me. I will definitely get my wife out of there and try to get out of there myself. This could be a bunch of thespians trying to sing Christmas Carols, for all I know. But the thought is definitely there. What Juan said was honest. And if you ask any black man how he feels walking into a country bar with people dressed in boots, jeans, flannel shirts and cowboy boots, I'll guarantee you they will say the same thing. Juan got fired for being honest, IMO.
    Thanks for clearing that up in regard to "Muslim garb."

    I guess that derned Casey Kasem was just plain out of sync with his own background! http://www.rbr.com/interviews/casey_kasem.asp
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  5. #32
    ODH
    ODH is offline
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,968

    Default Re: Keith Olbermann suspended by MSNBC indefinitely without pay for campaign donations

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    First of all, to your first paragraph, the reason no one posted it is because no one listens to NPR. That isn't a shot, it's the truth. ..
    I listen to NPR and so do a lot of others:
    From:
    Consider This: NPR Achieves Record Ratings
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...032302972.html
    its two "core" news shows, "Morning Edition" and the evening "All Things Considered." "Morning Edition's" average daily audience, 7.6 million, is now about 60 percent larger than the audience for "Good Morning America" on ABC and about one-third larger than the audience for the "Today" show on NBC.

  6. #33
    Olympic Champ quinn14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,754

    Default Re: Keith Olbermann suspended by MSNBC indefinitely without pay for campaign donations

    Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    I listen to NPR and so do a lot of others:
    From:
    Consider This: NPR Achieves Record Ratings
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...032302972.html
    its two "core" news shows, "Morning Edition" and the evening "All Things Considered." "Morning Edition's" average daily audience, 7.6 million, is now about 60 percent larger than the audience for "Good Morning America" on ABC and about one-third larger than the audience for the "Today" show on NBC.
    The "nobody listens to NPR" was a joke. I was just taking a good-natured shot at Ban. The not listening to the post was for real, it didn't get to the point quick enough for me.

  7. #34
    NCAA Champ ban basketball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,817

    Default Re: Keith Olbermann suspended by MSNBC indefinitely without pay for campaign donations

    More "Muslim garb," guaranteed to scare the bejesus out of all of us!

    http://www.whosdatedwho.com/celebrit...religion&ID=20
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  8. #35
    NCAA Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,406

    Default Re: Keith Olbermann suspended by MSNBC indefinitely without pay for campaign donations

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Now, to the part we were supposed to get to to hear her explanation, could you post a time for that?
    From wikipedia (I'm not sure if this is a quote from Ban's link or not) "As to the reason for the termination of Williams' contract, NPR?s CEO Vivian Schiller offered the following comment, "News analysts may not take personal public positions on controversial issues; doing so undermines their credibility as analysts..."
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

  9. #36
    Olympic Champ quinn14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,754

    Default Re: Keith Olbermann suspended by MSNBC indefinitely without pay for campaign donations

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    More "Muslim garb," guaranteed to scare the bejesus out of all of us!

    http://www.whosdatedwho.com/celebrit...religion&ID=20
    What I like is the fact that you never replied to the other part of my post. You and everyone else in the world get nervous in certain situations, like the ones I described, yet you didn't reference those. Please, let us know why you skirted the other part of my post which explained why he and everyone else on the planet feels odd in different situations.

    Also, could you tell us how you are such a superior human that you never feel uncomfortable around any other people in the world. I will by the dvd's if your selling them.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

user tags

powered by vBulletin msnbc politics

commentator basketball suspended muslim

keith olbermann cowboy boots

brannigan msnbc

powered by vBulletin ms nbc news

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •