Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 21
Discuss It was only a matter of time at the Politics & Religion within the Wrestling Talk Forums; ........
  1. #1
    Olympic Champ RYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,376
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default It was only a matter of time

    .....
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

  2. #2
    Ancient Arachnid Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: It was only a matter of time

    So I take it he doesn't approve of Obama.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

  3. #3
    Web Host Schlottke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    5,735
    Blog Entries
    42

    Default Re: It was only a matter of time

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    So I take it he doesn't approve of Obama.
    either that or C-SPAN

  4. #4
    ODH
    ODH is offline
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,968

    Default Re: It was only a matter of time

    The horrors...Obama promised he would put things on C-SPAN and hasn't done it yet.
    Who really cares.
    Wait.. it says he is a politician (there is a shock) and what do you know... politicians are not able to deliver on all of their campaign promises.

    The Marxist Knight thing is ridiculous and I have no idea who Alinsky is.

  5. #5
    Olympic Champ RYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,376
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: It was only a matter of time

    Saul Alinsky was a Neo-Marxist

    Obama helped fund 'Alinsky Academy': "The Woods Fund, a nonprofit on which Obama served as paid director from 1999 to December 2002, provided startup funding and later capital to the Midwest Academy.... Obama sat on the Woods Fund board alongside William Ayers, founder of the Weather Underground domestic terrorist organization.... 'Midwest describes itself as 'one of the nation's oldest and best-known schools for community organizations, citizen organizations and individuals committed to progressive social change.'... Midwest teaches Alinsky tactics of community organizing."

    Hillary Clinton, Obama and the Cult of Alinsky: "True revolutionaries do not flaunt their radicalism, Alinsky taught. They cut their hair, put on suits and infiltrate the system from within. Alinsky viewed revolution as a slow, patient process. The trick was to penetrate existing institutions such as churches, unions and political parties.... Many leftists view Hillary Clinton as a sell-out because she claims to hold moderate views on some issues. However, Hillary is simply following Alinsky?s counsel to do and say whatever it takes to gain power.

    "Obama is also an Alinskyite.... Obama spent years teaching workshops on the Alinsky method. In 1985 he began a four-year stint as a community organizer in Chicago, working for an Alinskyite group called the Developing Communities Project.... Camouflage is key to Alinsky-style organizing. While trying to build coalitions of black churches in Chicago, Obama caught flak for not attending church himself. He became an instant churchgoer." (By Richard Poe, 11-27-07)

    Imam Rauf is employing Alinsky tactics to grow Islamic support in the US.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

  6. #6
    Olympic Champ Flop The Nuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,469

    Default Re: It was only a matter of time

    Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    The horrors...Obama promised he would put things on C-SPAN and hasn't done it yet.
    Who really cares.
    Wait.. it says he is a politician (there is a shock) and what do you know... politicians are not able to deliver on all of their campaign promises.

    The Marxist Knight thing is ridiculous and I have no idea who Alinsky is.
    The C-SPAN thing would be pretty easy to deliver on though, wouldn't it? If Obama hadn't run as a true revolutionary and as a non-politician then it would be easy to say "he's just a politician". Alinsky is a radical no matter how you slice it.

    Regardless of Obama's radical connections, his most dangerous move thus far has been attempting to bankrupt the country. Hopefully he won't succeed, but it is going to be impossible to pay for all of his spending by just raising "taxes on the rich".

  7. #7
    ODH
    ODH is offline
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,968

    Default Re: It was only a matter of time

    Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    Saul Alinsky was a Neo-Marxist

    Obama helped fund 'Alinsky Academy': "The Woods Fund, a nonprofit on which Obama served as paid director from 1999 to December 2002, provided startup funding and later capital to the Midwest Academy.... Obama sat on the Woods Fund board alongside William Ayers, founder of the Weather Underground domestic terrorist organization.... 'Midwest describes itself as 'one of the nation's oldest and best-known schools for community organizations, citizen organizations and individuals committed to progressive social change.'... Midwest teaches Alinsky tactics of community organizing."

    Hillary Clinton, Obama and the Cult of Alinsky: "True revolutionaries do not flaunt their radicalism, Alinsky taught. They cut their hair, put on suits and infiltrate the system from within. Alinsky viewed revolution as a slow, patient process. The trick was to penetrate existing institutions such as churches, unions and political parties.... Many leftists view Hillary Clinton as a sell-out because she claims to hold moderate views on some issues. However, Hillary is simply following Alinsky’s counsel to do and say whatever it takes to gain power.

    "Obama is also an Alinskyite.... Obama spent years teaching workshops on the Alinsky method. In 1985 he began a four-year stint as a community organizer in Chicago, working for an Alinskyite group called the Developing Communities Project.... Camouflage is key to Alinsky-style organizing. While trying to build coalitions of black churches in Chicago, Obama caught flak for not attending church himself. He became an instant churchgoer." (By Richard Poe, 11-27-07)

    Imam Rauf is employing Alinsky tactics to grow Islamic support in the US.
    Holy shit.. they are taking over our country. Thanks for opening my eyes.
    this stuff is so obvious once it is stated that you don't even need to provide a source.

  8. #8
    ODH
    ODH is offline
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,968

    Default Re: It was only a matter of time

    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    The C-SPAN thing would be pretty easy to deliver on though, wouldn't it? If Obama hadn't run as a true revolutionary and as a non-politician then it would be easy to say "he's just a politician". Alinsky is a radical no matter how you slice it.

    Regardless of Obama's radical connections, his most dangerous move thus far has been attempting to bankrupt the country. Hopefully he won't succeed, but it is going to be impossible to pay for all of his spending by just raising "taxes on the rich".
    People who get fired up because Obama's not delivering on his C-Span promise are people who just plain don't like him for what ever erason and want to find something to bash him with.
    It is interesting that he is getting bashed for promising to be a "true revolutionary and a non-politician" and then not delivering and at the same time being criticized for his "radical" connection and his radical socialist agenda.

    I do get that the governement is going inot too much debt. I felt that way with Reagan and Bush II as well.

  9. #9
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,902

    Default Re: It was only a matter of time

    I also am worried that president Obama is spending too much money. I heard somewhere that every president in the last 100 years except Clinton spent more money than he took in (can anyone confirm?) This can't possibly go on for ever, can it?\

    Found my source. Well worth reading: http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...9/1001/reviews




    hilarious- but maybe not suitable for work.
    Last edited by arm-spin; 08-25-2010 at 06:09 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

user tags

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •