Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 244

Thread: Religion out of the Question Thread

  1. #19

    Default Re: Religion out of the Question Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    Punishment after death will be reserved for those who have not been good people. Hurtfull, selfish, evil people will be punished. Jesus came to show a way to salvation here on Earth. Those who hear his words and live by them will find peace on Earth. It is by the way just one path to enlightenment. That scripture is talking to people about believing what Jesus taught. BTW, Jesus never NEVER taught about himself, he taught about how to live and love God, the one true God the God of Nature that is part of the real Universe.
    So let me see if I got this right.
    Bad people will be punished after death, good people won't.
    Jesus only saves people on earth, not after death.
    God is a god of nature, not people.

    If I got all of those beliefs right then what did you mean by saying all people will be saved. Because you then said bad people will be punished. That is puzzling me.
    And what religion is this? I have seriously never heard of such beliefs.

  2. #20

    Default Re: Religion out of the Question Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    So let me see if I got this right.
    Bad people will be punished after death, good people won't.
    Jesus only saves people on earth, not after death.
    God is a god of nature, not people.

    If I got all of those beliefs right then what did you mean by saying all people will be saved. Because you then said bad people will be punished. That is puzzling me.
    And what religion is this? I have seriously never heard of such beliefs.
    What I really mean is we all live on after death (are saved) and eventually join up in the same place. I do not believe negative energy (evil) people can join so there is a cleansing (punishment) period of some sort. God is part of Nature, humans are part of Nature. God is a God of both Nature and People since they are part of it.

    I am a Unitarian Universalist. We each are responsible for our own search for Truth and Meaning in life. My beliefs would put me very much in line with people like Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawkings.

  3. #21

    Default Re: Religion out of the Question Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    What I really mean is we all live on after death (are saved) and eventually join up in the same place. I do not believe negative energy (evil) people can join so there is a cleansing (punishment) period of some sort. God is part of Nature, humans are part of Nature. God is a God of both Nature and People since they are part of it.
    Those are some interesting views. What religion is it?

  4. #22

    Default Re: Religion out of the Question Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Those are some interesting views. What religion is it?
    I am a Unitarian Universalist. We each are responsible for our own search for Truth and Meaning in life. My beliefs would put me very much in line with people like Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawkings.

  5. #23
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,935

    Default Re: Religion out of the Question Thread

    That sounds more like hinduism or buhdism not christianity.

    The Christian religion is based on the belief that those who accept christ as their savior and those who believe that he died for their sins and follow the teachings of the scripture are saved. They also teach that it is possible for all men to be saved by the blood of christ but those who do not believe will not be saved because they are denouncing christ.

    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6).

    "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. (Matt 7:13-14)

  6. #24

    Default Re: Religion out of the Question Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    That sounds more like hinduism or buhdism not christianity.

    The Christian religion is based on the belief that those who accept christ as their savior and those who believe that he died for their sins and follow the teachings of the scripture are saved. They also teach that it is possible for all men to be saved by the blood of christ but those who do not believe will not be saved because they are denouncing christ.

    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6).

    "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. (Matt 7:13-14)
    You can pretend you are going to have you little excl;usivist little coffee club in the sky all you want UGLY. The absolute arrogance of Christians who believe that nonsense is really quite disgusting and it is what turns most people off about the religion. It is really sad and only made more so by the fact it is the furthest thing from the truth.

  7. #25
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,935

    Default Re: Religion out of the Question Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    You can pretend you are going to have you little excl;usivist little coffee club in the sky all you want UGLY. The absolute arrogance of Christians who believe that nonsense is really quite disgusting and it is what turns most people off about the religion. It is really sad and only made more so by the fact it is the furthest thing from the truth.
    I have a few issues with what you are saying.

    1. You read the passages I provide and you cant deny that they support my view with any evidence.
    2. you are choosing to take a few scriptures literally because they advance your cause but when it comes to the creation story you see it as myth.
    3.You lack reading comprehension and it is scary how bad it is.

  8. #26
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Parker, Az
    Posts
    3,388

    Default Re: Religion out of the Question Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    The scripture that you posted said he was the Saviour of all men, not all men are saved. This is kind of like a lifeguard. He is their to be the saviour of all who are drowning, but he can only save the ones who reach out to him.

    2 Thessalonians 1:8-10- He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed.

    That sounds to me like you must accept him as your Saviour or you will be shut out of Heaven. What does it mean to you?
    I sure hope so, an eternity with such a demonic definition of God would be, well...... hell.
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.

  9. #27
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Parker, Az
    Posts
    3,388

    Default Re: Religion out of the Question Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    That sounds more like hinduism or buhdism not christianity.

    The Christian religion is based on the belief that those who accept christ as their savior and those who believe that he died for their sins and follow the teachings of the scripture are saved. They also teach that it is possible for all men to be saved by the blood of christ but those who do not believe will not be saved because they are denouncing christ.

    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6).

    "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. (Matt 7:13-14)
    So within your belief system where do Reni and I go if we were to die today?
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •