Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 45 of 299
Discuss The Questions Thread at the Politics & Religion within the Wrestling Talk Forums; Originally Posted by Chance174 Who was the best General in History and Why? Do all ...
  1. #37
    Olympic Champ quinn14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,755

    Default Re: The Questions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    Who was the best General in History and Why?
    Do all countries rank them the same, or are we going with just leaders?

  2. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    677

    Default Re: The Questions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Do all countries rank them the same, or are we going with just leaders?
    I don't think so, that is why I went with the greatest military leader I could think of.

  3. #39
    Olympic Champ quinn14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,755

    Default Re: The Questions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    I don't think so, that is why I went with the greatest military leader I could think of.
    Well, if we're going all-time, it's hard to go against Ceasar. More recent times, it's hard to go against Hitler. I don't agree with Hitler and please don't anyone take this the wrong way, but to convince an entire nation of that scam was incredible. He basically brainwashed millions, so even though he lost the war, his mind games could be learned from.

  4. #40
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,902

    Default Re: The Questions Thread

    Who was the best General in History and Why?


    Probably not the greatest all-time but South Africa's Shaka Zuku was a pretty canny war leader. Turned a small, isolated tribe into the dominant fighting force in the country. The Zulus later won battles against white armies with guns using his tactics.

    To answer my own question, best freestyle wrestler: With Gatsalov going down it's either Makhov or Kudukhov. Makhov is less likely to lose IMO but Kudukhov is the more technical wrestler.

  5. #41
    NCAA Champ ban basketball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,817

    Default Re: The Questions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    but to convince an entire nation of that scam was incredible.
    Masses get duped into crazy and absurd ideas almost on a daily basis. With enough fear and social unrest, people can be duped into believing anything.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  6. #42
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,935

    Default Re: The Questions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Masses get duped into crazy and absurd ideas almost on a daily basis. With enough fear and social unrest, people can be duped into believing anything.
    Exactly just look at this global warming farce.

  7. #43
    Ancient Arachnid Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: The Questions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Exactly just look at this global warming farce.
    Yes, people have been duped into thinking it isn't true.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

  8. #44
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,935

    Default Re: The Questions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Yes, people have been duped into thinking it isn't true.
    Sorry to disagree with you. But if the farce wasnt started nobody would have to take a side. I guess I should say man made global warming because we all know that the earth goes through natural heating and cooling cycles.

  9. #45
    Olympic Champ RYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,376
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: The Questions Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Well, if we're going all-time, it's hard to go against Ceasar. More recent times, it's hard to go against Hitler. I don't agree with Hitler and please don't anyone take this the wrong way, but to convince an entire nation of that scam was incredible. He basically brainwashed millions, so even though he lost the war, his mind games could be learned from.
    The outcome would have been quite different had Hitler not opened up the eastern front. Had he focused on the UK, he would have removed any launching point for an allied push into Europe. By virtue of those two gross errors Hitler can classified a horrible general..technically he wasn't a general either.

    Sun Tzu , 500 years or so b.c. His theories on battle are studied today at the war college. Patton adopted his theories and tactics including his well known pincer attack.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

user tags

wrestling

christians beleif of medalling in politics

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •