Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Results 64 to 72 of 152

Thread: Is God Punishing the Gulf

  1. #64

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    I won't get offended by you saying my beliefs in God, as I believe them, is harmful to society. I would just like for you to explain how you think I believe in God. I don't think I have been harmful or hurtful to anyone and to compare me to people who flew a plane into the twin towers, frankly, is insulting.

    Yes, it's insulting, but didn't you just threaten to "instruct" Scott with a baseball bat?

  2. #65

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    You cant possibly know that, no one can and no one does.
    I know it for a fact. Human being, the first homosapiens did not come into existence until some 400000 to 250000 years ago. Definitely no later than 400000 years. The pangaea was torn asunder at least 180 millian years ago. The seperation of the two events is far far far to great a gap to have ever overlapped. That is scientific fact.

  3. #66

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Scott you just cant throw things out as fact when it cant be known. Some scientist say that Pangaea was the way people got onto all of the continents. Some scientist say that Pangaea never existed. Saying people were not present at that time is a guess.
    UGLY find me one quote from a "legitimate" scientist who says that people got onto all of the continents via pangaea. Just one and I will acknowledge you are right. You will fail because not a single "legitimate" scientist says that.

  4. #67

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I never said I didn't believe in science or what doctors can do. I just said I believe in the Bible. Don't know where you're getting that I can't go to the doctor. If you are referring to evolution, that's a theory and many scientist believe it and many don't. It hasn't been proven right or wrong through the scientific method that we all learned in 7th grade. You can quote those who say it's true, but I could google those who say it's not. But, try and find someone say that stitches don't close a cut or that a cast doesn't set a bone. I just don't know where you were going with your last posts.
    Quinn, no legitimate scientist do not believe in evolution. Sure there are some Extremist Christian scientist who have conveniently rejected the clear and irrefutable evidence before them because the have been convinced that they must accept the Bible as the literal truth who claim to deny the fact of evolution. But show me one non-Christian non-literalis scientist who does not accept evolution in one form or another.

  5. #68
    Ancient Arachnid Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    The Bible has many stories in it which are meant to teach lessons, but are not necessarily historical fact. Whether or not it is The Word Of God is a matter of faith. Whether or not it is a factual account of events is a matter of scientific proof. And therein lies the difference between religion and science and the reason that they can coexist. Faith in God and acceptance of scientific evidence need not conflict if one does not take the contents of the Bible literally.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

  6. #69

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    The Bible has many stories in it which are meant to teach lessons, but are not necessarily historical fact. Whether or not it is The Word Of God is a matter of faith. Whether or not it is a factual account of events is a matter of scientific proof. And therein lies the difference between religion and science and the reason that they can coexist. Faith in God and acceptance of scientific evidence need not conflict if one does not take the contents of the Bible literally.
    Well said!!!!.....Science and Christianity can co-exsist.

  7. #70

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    Well said!!!!.....Science and Christianity can co-exsist.
    And indeed they do coexist in hundreds of thousands of scientist who also happen to be Christian yet are willing to accept reason and evidence.
    Last edited by coachsparky; 07-01-2010 at 10:07 AM.

  8. #71

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    [I]
    Yes, it's insulting, but didn't you just threaten to "instruct" Scott with a baseball bat?
    I put an lol after that comment because I thought he was kidding about trying to prove how a cast works.

  9. #72

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    Quinn, no legitimate scientist do not believe in evolution. Sure there are some Extremist Christian scientist who have conveniently rejected the clear and irrefutable evidence before them because the have been convinced that they must accept the Bible as the literal truth who claim to deny the fact of evolution. But show me one non-Christian non-literalis scientist who does not accept evolution in one form or another.
    I am providing a link to scientists who don't believe in evolution. You will, undoubtedly, say they are extremists. If that makes you feel better, cool. I'm just saying that if it was proven without a doubt, everyone would believe it. Like 2+2=4. Everyone in the world accepts this as truth. If you all don't agree with me that's fine, but I'm not a terrorist so you can rest easy.


    http://www.scienceagainstevolution.org/v5i10f.htm

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •