Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 54 of 152

Thread: Is God Punishing the Gulf

  1. #46

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    If evolution is a way for a species to better itself with its environment, and humans evolved from apes. Why then, don't humans still have thumbs on their feet like monkeys? That seems like something that wouldn't have dropped off during evolution. Could you imagine BJ Penn's ground game with foot thumbs? That is enough proof against evolution for me!

  2. #47
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Parker, Az
    Posts
    3,388

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    You cant possibly know that, no one can and no one does.
    You can't 'know' whether I have an invisible Dragon living under my house (try to prove that I don't) but at least there is some legitimate scientific evidence for plate tectonics, and humans not being of that time.
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.

  3. #48
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Parker, Az
    Posts
    3,388

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    If evolution is a way for a species to better itself with its environment, and humans evolved from apes. Why then, don't humans still have thumbs on their feet like monkeys? That seems like something that wouldn't have dropped off during evolution. Could you imagine BJ Penn's ground game with foot thumbs? That is enough proof against evolution for me!
    If you do not accept legitimate science then I highly suggest if anything medically goes wrong with you, you not see a doctor, or go to a hospital. It is rife with technology derived from modern science. But of course you will because when it comes down to it you use this science even though you proclaim to not believe in it. As a matter of fact you are using it when you read and respond to this post. That you will see a doctor or go to a hospital is a good thing.
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.

  4. #49
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,935

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by sgallan View Post
    You can't 'know' whether I have an invisible Dragon living under my house (try to prove that I don't) but at least there is some legitimate scientific evidence for plate tectonics, and humans not being of that time.
    Scott you just cant throw things out as fact when it cant be known. Some scientist say that Pangaea was the way people got onto all of the continents. Some scientist say that Pangaea never existed. Saying people were not present at that time is a guess.

  5. #50
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,935

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by sgallan View Post
    If you do not accept legitimate science then I highly suggest if anything medically goes wrong with you, you not see a doctor, or go to a hospital. It is rife with technology derived from modern science. But of course you will because when it comes down to it you use this science even though you proclaim to not believe in it. As a matter of fact you are using it when you read and respond to this post. That you will see a doctor or go to a hospital is a good thing.
    I love it when you do this. So I would assume by your logic that you would never visit a Dr. who was Christian and believed in the Bible? Because you do know that a very large number of Dr's are believers, they believe that God gave them the ability to help people. Beware of these fine Dr's Scott.

  6. #51

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by sgallan View Post
    If you do not accept legitimate science then I highly suggest if anything medically goes wrong with you, you not see a doctor, or go to a hospital. It is rife with technology derived from modern science. But of course you will because when it comes down to it you use this science even though you proclaim to not believe in it. As a matter of fact you are using it when you read and respond to this post. That you will see a doctor or go to a hospital is a good thing.
    I never said I didn't believe in science or what doctors can do. I just said I believe in the Bible. Don't know where you're getting that I can't go to the doctor. If you are referring to evolution, that's a theory and many scientist believe it and many don't. It hasn't been proven right or wrong through the scientific method that we all learned in 7th grade. You can quote those who say it's true, but I could google those who say it's not. But, try and find someone say that stitches don't close a cut or that a cast doesn't set a bone. I just don't know where you were going with your last posts.

  7. #52
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Parker, Az
    Posts
    3,388

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    I love it when you do this. So I would assume by your logic that you would never visit a Dr. who was Christian and believed in the Bible? Because you do know that a very large number of Dr's are believers, they believe that God gave them the ability to help people. Beware of these fine Dr's Scott.
    Prove that our entire existance isn't just a matrix and it is all an illusion. You can't. You are taking the position that nothing is real. I can go with that concept, it is fun, and back in my recreational drug useage days we had a lot of those conversations. Now that I am a grown up, with a child who wants a career in science, I had to give up all that pot/beer philosophy and grow up.

    If you have kids who want a career in science I would suggest you do the same. The reality is; in the USA educational knowledge and careers in science are trending down. Countries like China and India (ironically using our Colleges and Universities) are on the upswing. In a world where technolgy is speeding along how do you think our lagging in tech and science will work out for us?
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.

  8. #53
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,935

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by sgallan View Post
    Prove that our entire existance isn't just a matrix and it is all an illusion. You can't. You are taking the position that nothing is real. I can go with that concept, it is fun, and back in my recreational drug useage days we had a lot of those conversations. Now that I am a grown up, with a child who wants a career in science, I had to give up all that pot/beer philosophy and grow up.

    If you have kids who want a career in science I would suggest you do the same. The reality is; in the USA educational knowledge and careers in science are trending down. Countries like China and India (ironically using our Colleges and Universities) are on the upswing. In a world where technolgy is speeding along how do you think our lagging in tech and science will work out for us?
    I dont know what illusion you are reffering to. I am simply pointing out the logic of your argument you presented to quinn. The whol dont go to a Dr if dont believe in evolution is bunk. Thats all I was getting at.

  9. #54
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Parker, Az
    Posts
    3,388

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I never said I didn't believe in science or what doctors can do. I just said I believe in the Bible. Don't know where you're getting that I can't go to the doctor. If you are referring to evolution, that's a theory and many scientist believe it and many don't. It hasn't been proven right or wrong through the scientific method that we all learned in 7th grade. You can quote those who say it's true, but I could google those who say it's not. But, try and find someone say that stitches don't close a cut or that a cast doesn't set a bone. I just don't know where you were going with your last posts.
    Prove that stitches close a cut and a cast sets a bone.
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •