Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 109 to 117 of 152

Thread: Is God Punishing the Gulf

  1. #109
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    This indicate a lack of understanding of what science really is.
    It is not a lack of understanding of what science is. It is a question to the integrity of the scientists when all of this money is being thrown around for certain research to find certain answers. If you dont believe that this is possible, I would suggest that is a lack of understand of what human nature is.

  2. #110

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    It is not a lack of understanding of what science is. It is a question to the integrity of the scientists when all of this money is being thrown around for certain research to find certain answers. If you dont believe that this is possible, I would suggest that is a lack of understand of what human nature is.
    This shows a complete and utter musunderstanding of what science truly is. Oh well, some people will never learn.

  3. #111

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Who f**king knew that I would be on a forum with so many people who knew everything? You and Sparky should go ahead and run the world.
    A little testy, are we? You don't know who I am, or what I do, but I can assure you when it comes to this, I know enough.

  4. #112
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    As all the posts I have added today from absolutely revered scientist says, evolution is a FACT. It has definitely irrefutably occured and continues to occur. The exact mechanism are the only things in dispute based on the current state of knowledge and evidence. Then you need to also look at the bit by Stephen J. Gould where he said, "Moreover, "fact" doesn't mean "absolute certainty"; there ain't no such animal in an exciting and complex world."
    So when you say "FACT" it is a relative objective truth that is supported by evidence but contains many variables. You are not using "fact" in the sense that it is absolute, like if I said "the sun rose in Denver this morning" that is a fact it is indisputable.

    But when you start talking about fact I would suggest that you read Plato's allegory of the cave and what fact is to each person.

  5. #113
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    This shows a complete and utter musunderstanding of what science truly is. Oh well, some people will never learn.
    Are you right now saying that it is impossible for people to be swayed by money or other exterior factors to find desired results?

  6. #114

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    So when you say "FACT" it is a relative objective truth that is supported by evidence but contains many variables. You are not using "fact" in the sense that it is absolute, like if I said "the sun rose in Denver this morning" that is a fact it is indisputable.

    But when you start talking about fact I would suggest that you read Plato's allegory of the cave and what fact is to each person.
    That is what the vast majority of scientist work with every day. Newtonian physics were take as facts for many many years and he had it partly right based on the evidence available to him at the time. A much clearer understanding of the mechanism became available more than a century later and most of what Newton believed became obsolete. I am no less positive that evolution is a fact than I am that the sun rose in Denver this morning.

  7. #115

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Are you right now saying that it is impossible for people to be swayed by money or other exterior factors to find desired results?
    Not in the least UGLY, I am certain that the scientist paid by the industrial polluters of the world are in fact swayed quite a bit by the money thrown their way. You do realize they have far far far far more money than those of the environmental community just looking for the truth. Tell me you are smart enough to know that the real money is behind the corporate industrial complex and not with the environmental community?

  8. #116
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Are you as positive about evolution as you are the fact you have to have water to live.

  9. #117
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

    Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    Not in the least UGLY, I am certain that the scientist paid by the industrial polluters of the world are in fact swayed quite a bit by the money thrown their way. You do realize they have far far far far more money than those of the environmental community just looking for the truth. Tell me you are smart enough to know that the real money is behind the corporate industrial complex and not with the environmental community?
    I am smart enough to know that both sides could be on the take, but the government is behind the global warming people and they have a lot of money they can get at. I simply dont buy into man made global warming and neither do many legit scientists. I just wanted to know if you thought science could be swayed to fit a certain outcome because of the human element involved.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •