Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 11

Thread: Another victim of himself

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Another victim of himself

    I have a theory on these "religious" extremists and pedophile priests. They are so disgusted with who they really are that they adopt a public persona that is a sham.

    I could care less if the FRC dude is gay, but to be so vehemently anti-gay and profess that God will make them heterosexual with a lot of prayer and dedication to the evangelical way is the ultimate in self delusion.

    As for the pedo priests, lock up those sick bastards and throw away the key.

    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-1965638.html

    <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> var articleheadline = "The rent boy and me: pastor tells all (but no kiss)";</SCRIPT>The rent boy and me: pastor tells all (but no kiss)

    Anti-gay activist says he is victim of 'misleading innuendo' over holiday snap with male escort
    <AUTHOR>By Guy Adams in Los Angeles</AUTHOR>

  2. #2

    Default Re: Another victim of himself

    I agree with everything you posted, but I'd also say to lock away the key for nearly all pedophiles, regardless of whether they are a priest.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Another victim of himself

    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    I agree with everything you posted, but I'd also say to lock away the key for nearly all pedophiles, regardless of whether they are a priest.
    amen and put them in general population

  4. #4

    Default Re: Another victim of himself

    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    I agree with everything you posted, but I'd also say to lock away the key for nearly all pedophiles, regardless of whether they are a priest.
    I should have said the same. These pedos are either sexually violent predators or will be in time.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Another victim of himself

    BTW, I don't particularly put this on any political party but I do think the evangelicals in the closet make the whole group look like hypocrites. I don't think that is a fair characterization.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Another victim of himself

    Quote Originally Posted by washed up wrestler View Post
    BTW, I don't particularly put this on any political party but I do think the evangelicals in the closet make the whole group look like hypocrites. I don't think that is a fair characterization.
    you are right on man.....it's too bad that a few ruin the rep for the whole group. I guess that could be said for a lot of groups.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Another victim of himself

    It is no secret why Catholic priests from years ago were pedophiles. Most of the priests getting in trouble now (not all) are of the age that they went into priesthood back in an era where gays were shunned. The only way to justify being their age and not dating or getting married was to go to the priesthood.

    Catholics banned priests from getting married waaay back when. That was because they were given a house and land as priests. When those dudes died, they left the land to their wives or children. The Catholic Church decided it would benefit better if that property was given back to the church. So, not allowing them to get married covered that.

    I don't think you find as many pedophiles in the church who are young. And, I don't think you find them in other religions because they are allowed to marry and have sex and be men.

    And I don't mean to offenend any Catholics. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Another victim of himself

    Quote Originally Posted by washed up wrestler View Post
    I have a theory on these "religious" extremists and pedophile priests. They are so disgusted with who they really are that they adopt a public persona that is a sham.

    I could care less if the FRC dude is gay, but to be so vehemently anti-gay and profess that God will make them heterosexual with a lot of prayer and dedication to the evangelical way is the ultimate in self delusion.

    As for the pedo priests, lock up those sick bastards and throw away the key.

    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-1965638.html

    <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> var articleheadline = "The rent boy and me: pastor tells all (but no kiss)";</SCRIPT>The rent boy and me: pastor tells all (but no kiss)

    Anti-gay activist says he is victim of 'misleading innuendo' over holiday snap with male escort
    <AUTHOR>By Guy Adams in Los Angeles</AUTHOR>
    This shit is just stupid. I don't know why the religous extreemist are so anit-gay. I could understand a gay politician being agaist certain laws but overall it is just stupid. I don't know how else to say it. I also don't understand why religions are so agaist being gay when the bottom line of most religions is how to be a good person and that doesn't have a sexual preference.

  9. #9
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Another victim of himself

    Just because we only hear about Catholics in the media doesn't mean that other religions do not have their own problems as well. I have heard Protestant clergy & Buddhist monks having problems with their sexuality. I have heard of Orthodox Jews having severe marriage problems. Muslim women are known to be sexually mutilated & abused. When I lived in Central Asia I had many Muslim men tell me that their first sexual experience was with a man, often a family member.

    Anytime you tell someone YOU CAN'T DO THIS OR THAT you always get the opposite. It is human nature to rebel but we also have the capacity for self-discipline & we know the difference between right & wrong.

    Of course the sexual abuses done by the priests is inexcusable but in light of that, I also think it is human nature to have a dark side. I think everyone to whatever degree, has something in their closet. A skeleton or maybe a few bones or at least GUILT over something we did do or failed to do.

    In battling cancer the past few months I have learned a hell of a lot about forgiveness. I have learned that it opens the door to healing physically AND emotionally. Anger & hatred are slow killers. Forgiveness does not mean you are letting the person off the hook, (they made have a BIG amends project to do to regain the trust of others) but it recognizes the rightness of our fellow man & gives them a road out of their horribleness & gives the forgiver a chance to let go & move on.

    Quantum mechanics has been demonstrating for quite awhile that despite the apparency of time & space, there is an underlying fabric that connects all matter. In some philosophies, there is the idea that "we are all one" or we at least are each others' spiritual brothers. If any of this is so, then it would follow that what I said before is not only a good idea but vital. Otherwise one continues to try & fragment something that is already a unified whole.

    I have noticed over the years that some of the best athletes will sometimes get burned by big mistakes but the next time around make the play of the game. That is because they move on. They forget about the past mistake in the sense that they don't beat themselves up over it. They learn & turn it into success the next time.

    I personally believe that not being able to forgive someone else is really a testament to not being able to forgive oneself for something similar if not exact. And if we can't heal ourselves personally then we as a race won't survive very well. There will always be someone else to hate & fight & kill.

    If you want a way out of your own anger forgiving is a pretty good way out. And to handle your own sense of misfortune & unjust acts, make the perpetrator accountable. Make them fix the damage & then do an amends. You will be amazed at how much better everyone feels in the end.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •