Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Results 46 to 52 of 52

Thread: Terrorist caught!

  1. #46

    Default Re: Terrorist caught!

    Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    Which constitutional protection should non-citizens not expect to get?
    Besides the obvious ones of voting or running for office, blah, blah, blah....

    I don't think they should have the right to remain silent. Terrorists should be forced to talk, imo.

    I don't think they should have the right to a trial, unless they pay for the entire thing themselves. Otherwise, American taxpayers are paying for it.

    I don't think they should have the right to a court appointed attorney. Again, it costs us money.

    A true jury of their peers means we would have to go to their country and find the jury. People from different countries have been raised differently, so we are not their peers.

    A quick and efficient deportation solves all of those.

    Unless your act of terrorism actually worked and killed innocent Americans. Then, one shot to the center of the head solves it. And doesn't cost that much, either.

  2. #47
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,962

    Default Re: Terrorist caught!

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Besides the obvious ones of voting or running for office, blah, blah, blah....

    I don't think they should have the right to remain silent. Terrorists should be forced to talk, imo.

    I don't think they should have the right to a trial, unless they pay for the entire thing themselves. Otherwise, American taxpayers are paying for it.

    I don't think they should have the right to a court appointed attorney. Again, it costs us money.

    A true jury of their peers means we would have to go to their country and find the jury. People from different countries have been raised differently, so we are not their peers.

    A quick and efficient deportation solves all of those.

    Unless your act of terrorism actually worked and killed innocent Americans. Then, one shot to the center of the head solves it. And doesn't cost that much, either.
    So if you are in another country and are accused of a crime would you expect to get the same level of justice that citizens in that country get?

    Sometimes when people are accused of a crime they turn out to be innocent, even if they are immigrants.

  3. #48

    Default Re: Terrorist caught!

    Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    So if you are in another country and are accused of a crime would you expect to get the same level of justice that citizens in that country get?

    Sometimes when people are accused of a crime they turn out to be innocent, even if they are immigrants.
    To answer your question, no I wouldn't expect to be treated like one of their citizens. I would expect to be treated like someone who tried to kill innocent civilians in that country. Most countries treat foreign terrorists "cruel and unusual". But, if I'm stupid enough to attempt a terrorist act, then I should expect those consequences.

    Your last statement is completely true. But, you said immigrants. You didn't say illegal immigrants or foreign terrorists. Legal immigrants do get our constitution's protection.

  4. #49
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,962

    Default Re: Terrorist caught!

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    To answer your question, no I wouldn't expect to be treated like one of their citizens. I would expect to be treated like someone who tried to kill innocent civilians in that country. Most countries treat foreign terrorists "cruel and unusual". But, if I'm stupid enough to attempt a terrorist act, then I should expect those consequences.

    Your last statement is completely true. But, you said immigrants. You didn't say illegal immigrants or foreign terrorists. Legal immigrants do get our constitution's protection.
    I said if you were accused of a crime, not that you committed one.
    Again soemtimes people are falsely accussed, see Richard Jewel, the falsely accused sercurity guard at the Atlanta Olympics and the guy originally accused of the Anthrax mailling.

  5. #50

    Default Re: Terrorist caught!

    Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    So if you are in another country and are accused of a crime would you expect to get the same level of justice that citizens in that country get?

    Sometimes when people are accused of a crime they turn out to be innocent, even if they are immigrants.
    Just my 2cents. From someone who travels abroad a lot i do not expect that i would be treated the same as a citizen of that country if i was accused of a crime.

  6. #51

    Default Re: Terrorist caught!

    Let me add to my post above, i always travel legally with the correct visa's when needed and if i overstay my visa then i will be definately not have the same rights as any citizen in any of the countries in which i travel

  7. #52

    Default Re: Terrorist caught!

    Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    I said if you were accused of a crime, not that you committed one.
    Again soemtimes people are falsely accussed, see Richard Jewel, the falsely accused sercurity guard at the Atlanta Olympics and the guy originally accused of the Anthrax mailling.
    Again, I think he was a citizen. So, your point is not made here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •