Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 167

Thread: AZ Immigration Law

  1. #1

    Default AZ Immigration Law

    As I understand it a person now needs to carry proof that they're in the country legally while in AZ or else they can be detained by the police. Since my drivers license (Maryland) isn't proof that I'm here legally would I need to carry a passport with me at all times if I were ever in AZ?
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

    A valid state drivers license is proof enough once they check it out.

  3. #3

    Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

    Yes. You will also have to have the state seal of Maryland sewn onto all of your clothing.

  4. #4

    Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    A valid state drivers license is proof enough once they check it out.
    A Maryland license isn't proof your in the country legally.
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

  5. #5

    Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

    Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    A Maryland license isn't proof your in the country legally.
    Not knowing who you are, but purely based on assumption about your background, I suspect that your skin color and ethnic background should get you by just fine.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Not knowing who you are, but purely based on assumption about your background, I suspect that your skin color and ethnic background should get you by just fine.

    What would you say if it was Canadians streaming across the border illegally at record pace. Obviously we have to look to where the problem is. If it was white Canadians coming here illegally and causing a severe increase in violent crime accounting for approx. 50% of all violent crime in some cities we would have to look for white people. I hope that if they do pull someone over who is here illegally from a Canada that those people face the same punishment. .

    I dont think you comprehend the seriousness of the problem in the Mexican border states.

  7. #7

    Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    I dont think you comprehend the seriousness of the problem in the Mexican border states.
    Oh, I think it understand it quite well. In fact, probably too well. For starters, the "problem" isn't near as extensive as it was just a few years back.

    http://www.examiner.com/x-9270-LA-Bo...al-immigration
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

    It is not only about those who are crossing the border it is about those who are already here illegally. Again I dont think you can comprehend the magnitude of the problem. Also Arizona has the most illegals crossing of any state.

  9. #9

    Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    It is not only about those who are crossing the border it is about those who are already here illegally. Again I dont think you can comprehend the magnitude of the problem. Also Arizona has the most illegals crossing of any state.
    As I posted before, the problem is a policy problem that no amount of fixing of the individual is going to solve.

    NAFTA has effectively done more to increase "illegal" immigration into the country than any "open border" policy could even dream of. Secondly, after 9-11 the border was tightened, which lessened the number of people that could come in. HOWEVER, because it is harder to get in, those who used to just cross over the border daily to go back and forth to work are now staying, because it is much harder to get in.

    No, the second one that I listed cannot likely be fixed, but #1 can. NAFTA has killed Mexican markets, which led to a flood of people into the U.S. since its passage.

    Yes, I understand it probably better than most do. It's not an individual problem, it is a government policy problem.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •