Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 50

Thread: Who wrote the health bill?

  1. #10

    Default Re: Who wrote the health bill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ground&Pound View Post
    Have you been following health insurance and pharma stocks since the bill passed?

    I'll give you a hint: it doesn't support you theory. Look it up for yourself.
    I agree. I think both industries will suffer under the Obama plan.

  2. #11
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Who wrote the health bill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ground&Pound View Post
    Have you been following health insurance and pharma stocks since the bill passed?

    I'll give you a hint: it doesn't support you theory. Look it up for yourself.
    Show the stats. Otherwise that is just your opinion being thrown into the argument. If I had a little more time I would study insurance stocks.

    One thing that is happening in Florida @ this time is that the state is taking a much harder stance on the pharmaceuticals that are RAMPANT in the foster care program. I can give anyone the links on that if you want as i have been following it closely.

    I am sure investors are looking @ that as a factor & not just the bill being passed. There are several states lining up law suits to sue over this bill so IT AIN'T OVER YET.

    Another thing to look @ is WHAT CONGRESS "MEN" (and women) had WHAT stocks in their portfolios. I think that that should be a prerequisite for being allowed to vote on a industry or company: disclosure of possible conflict of interests.

    Yes I am talking to YOU Harry Reid....who fits my definition of "scum bag" quite well.

  3. #12

    Default Re: Who wrote the health bill?

    I'm directing you to FACTS to look up for yourself, which is a much stronger argument than me spouting them out myself like some right/left winged talking head. If you don't have the time to Google the facts, then don't discredit them as opinion. Then again, ignorance is bliss.

  4. #13
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Who wrote the health bill?

    Wasn't discrediting u GP just saying if you say the facts somewhere then SHARE them bro!

    I would expect you to say the same to me if I made some claim & wasn't providing the evidence...right?

  5. #14
    Ancient Arachnid Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: Who wrote the health bill?

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    The Bill was written by liberals who want to keep people dependent on the government and control American Businesses, simple as that.
    Do you really think that liberals want to keep people dependent on the government? Wouldn't Obama's job be so much easier if the economy were such that everyone could afford to buy insurance and didn't need the government's help? Toss that copy of "1984" and get real.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

  6. #15
    Olympic Champ RYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,376

    Default Re: Who wrote the health bill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Do you really think that liberals want to keep people dependent on the government? Wouldn't Obama's job be so much easier if the economy were such that everyone could afford to buy insurance and didn't need the government's help? Toss that copy of "1984" and get real.
    Actually I do. It's their voting base that keeps them in office. Pander to it and you get reelected. It's the way of life here in NJ. The libs just keep rolling out new handouts and the donees keep reelecting them. ....and yes, I tossed my copy of 1984 30 years ago, never even finished it. The teachers' union here in NJ is THE largest voting bloc in the state. The lay a ton of campaign cash on libs so they won't address the golden benefit packages the state pays out.

    They lay the cash benefits on the population then threaten the conservatives will take it away unless reelected.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

  7. #16
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,935

    Default Re: Who wrote the health bill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Do you really think that liberals want to keep people dependent on the government? Wouldn't Obama's job be so much easier if the economy were such that everyone could afford to buy insurance and didn't need the government's help? Toss that copy of "1984" and get real.

    Spider I believe that the Dems want to create government programs that they think are good for people but what they really do is create dependency of the government to do something for you instead of you doing it yourself. The dems want government to take more and more control over the population.

    Obamas job would be much much easier if everyone could afford health care and a house and anything else they liked, but if everyone could afford what they needed the dems would never elected because no one would want or need their welfare approach to government.

    Remember the vast amount of people had health care and are happy with the care they have, it is a minority that have no health care and a good portion of them dont have it because they dont want it.

    A black helicopter did fly over my house today

  8. #17
    Ancient Arachnid Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: Who wrote the health bill?

    It's one thing to create or continue to support programs which favor certain groups in order to secure their votes, but it's quite another to choose to make people dependent on government in order to exert control.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

  9. #18

    Default Re: Who wrote the health bill?

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Remember the vast amount of people had health care and are happy with the care they have, it is a minority that have no health care and a good portion of them dont have it because they dont want it.
    So, in order to stay in power and gain control over the population, they decided to enact legislation that nobody likes and is going to get them all voted out? ReallY?
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •