Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast
Results 100 to 108 of 135

Thread: One step closer to Socialism leaning to Communism

  1. #100
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,968

    Default Re: One step closer to Socialism leaning to Communism

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    If you drive a car you are required to have auto insurance, its the law. Now if you are speaking about people who do not drive then I understand your point.
    Not the law is New Hampshire and I think a few other states.
    You are required to have auto insurance to drive in NH, but you can't leave the state becasue every surrounding state require Auto insurance.

  2. #101

    Default Re: One step closer to Socialism leaning to Communism

    Quote Originally Posted by pm01 View Post
    These are not a purchase item and SS is not required in all cases. Most peace officers in the state of California do not pay into SS. As I understand some other PERs members in Cal and other state do not as well.

    If you don't have a job you don't contribute to any of those do you?
    But, if I have a job, which 144.6 million Americans do, I am required, with few exceptions.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  3. #102
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,968

    Default Re: One step closer to Socialism leaning to Communism

    It seems like the whole constitutionality question could have been bypassed, if it was presented as a tax for everyone and if you got health insurance you would get a tax credit.

  4. #103

    Default Re: One step closer to Socialism leaning to Communism

    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Another nuance to this - many people aren't going to have to purchase the good or service, it will be provided for them by high-income taxpayers. High-income taxpayers will be forced to buy health insurance for other people. That already occurs now, but not on this scale.

    As far as the "if you like your health insurance, you can keep it" quote said by Obama, there will soon come a time when many companies are not going to provide health care coverage for their employees. Now that companies can't deduct the full cost of a subsidy that the gubmint used to provide for them, AT&T and others are notifying the markets how much this is all going to cost them. So, even though the employee "likes their health insurance", it won't be "available to them". Or it will be "more expensive".
    And what happens when these companies drop their health insurance plans?
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  5. #104

    Default Re: One step closer to Socialism leaning to Communism

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    And what happens when these companies drop their health insurance plans?
    They'll most likely buy into the government plan, because it will be less expensive. The plans will be subsidized by the government, so the prices will be artifically lower.

  6. #105

    Default Re: One step closer to Socialism leaning to Communism

    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    They'll most likely buy into the government plan, because it will be less expensive. The plans will be subsidized by the government, so the prices will be artifically lower.
    Any penalties that you're aware of if they do this?
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  7. #106

    Default Re: One step closer to Socialism leaning to Communism

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball

    But, if I have a job, which 144.6 million Americans do, I am required, with few exceptions.
    Ban that's irrelevant and those contributions inapplicable to the discussion.

    I can't explain it any better to you.

  8. #107

    Default Re: One step closer to Socialism leaning to Communism

    Quote Originally Posted by pm01 View Post
    Ban that's irrelevant and those contributions inapplicable to the discussion.

    I can't explain it any better to you.
    No, it is NOT irrelevant.

    If I work, or even if I do not, I am forced to pay taxes. What am I paying for with taxes? Services. In short, I am forced to "buy" services, which is done through taxation.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  9. #108

    Default Re: One step closer to Socialism leaning to Communism

    Just thought of another: Early withdrawal penalties on a 401k plan.

    Government is forcing me to pay a fee to get the "service" of getting my money earlier. Can we really get anymore intrusive than that? Even I, as a lifelong democrat, find that one intrusive!
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •