Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 23

Thread: Record Broken at Army vs Navy Football

  1. #1
    Olympic Champ RYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,376

    Default Record Broken at Army vs Navy Football

    A little known bit of history was made at this year's Army vs. Navy football game. The media sat on it, so did CBS Sports and ESPN. Obviously they were not about to take on the White House.

    Obama is the 1st President to not attend the game in the 110 year rivalry.

    Is he not a sports fan? No, big interest in basketball. Not a football fan? Doesn't matter, if you're a sports fan, this is THE RIVALRY in college football.

    No, it was clearly a snub aimed at the Armed Forces by the President and Commander and Chief of the Military.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Record Broken at Army vs Navy Football

    very interesting fact....thanks for sharing

  3. #3

    Default Re: Record Broken at Army vs Navy Football

    Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    The media sat on it, so did CBS Sports and ESPN.

    Obama is the 1st President to not attend the game in the 110 year rivalry.
    Do you think the media might have sat on it because its not true?
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Record Broken at Army vs Navy Football

    Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    Do you think the media might have sat on it because its not true?

    HE did not attend the game but snopes points out than other presidents have not either such as President Roosevelt who had a war going on you know WWII

  5. #5

    Default Re: Record Broken at Army vs Navy Football

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    HE did not attend the game but snopes points out than other presidents have not either such as President Roosevelt who had a war going on you know WWII
    Right, he did not attend the game, but he was not the first president in 110 years to not attend as others have claimed. According to snopes, several presidents missed the game in various years and the one's listed never attended during their presidency.

    If Obama missing it once is an obvious snub of our military, what is Reagan or Bush I never attending?
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Record Broken at Army vs Navy Football

    Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    Right, he did not attend the game, but he was not the first president in 110 years to not attend as others have claimed. According to snopes, several presidents missed the game in various years and the one's listed never attended during their presidency.

    If Obama missing it once is an obvious snub of our military, what is Reagan or Bush I never attending?
    i just thought it was interesting that presidents attended this game

  7. #7
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,962

    Default Re: Record Broken at Army vs Navy Football

    Obama is too busy implementing his socialist policies to take time off to attend a football game

  8. #8
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,962

    Default Re: Record Broken at Army vs Navy Football

    Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    Do you think the media might have sat on it because its not true?
    Why let the truth get in the way of a good story?

  9. #9

    Default Re: Record Broken at Army vs Navy Football

    Whether there was precedent or not.... THIS President, given his reputation, earned or not, made a mistake by not going. I'll bet he makes the one in 2011.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •