Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 36

Thread: Carrie Prejean

  1. #19

    Default Re: Carrie Prejean

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    If you truly accept him as your savior then it really is that easy.
    Agreed, but all too often there is no discernable change in lifestyle after the fact. This makes it easy for non-believers to by cynical.

  2. #20

    Default Re: Carrie Prejean

    Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Agreed, but all too often there is no discernable change in lifestyle after the fact. This makes it easy for non-believers to by cynical.
    I agree there, but I personally don't know how she behaved before or after she said she was born again, so I can't judge.

  3. #21
    Olympic Champ therick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: Carrie Prejean

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I agree there, but I personally don't know how she behaved before or after she said she was born again, so I can't judge.
    We do know that she was at one point making pornographic videos. WWJD?


    Don't get me wrong. I believe in Jesus Christ. However, I'm Catholic, so I also believe in confession and repenting through both deeds and words for one's sins.

    It's the deeds/works part that is so often missing from some non-Catholic Christians. Not to mention the lack of actually having to confess one's sins. It's tougher than you might imagine, to list out all of your sins to a priest.

  4. #22
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,935

    Default Re: Carrie Prejean

    Quote Originally Posted by therick View Post
    We do know that she was at one point making pornographic videos. WWJD?


    Don't get me wrong. I believe in Jesus Christ. However, I'm Catholic, so I also believe in confession and repenting through both deeds and words for one's sins.

    It's the deeds/works part that is so often missing from some non-Catholic Christians. Not to mention the lack of actually having to confess one's sins. It's tougher than you might imagine, to list out all of your sins to a priest.
    Where in the bible does it say we are supposed to profess our sins to a priest? Where does it say that deeds are a part of repentance?

    There is no lack of having to confess sins, but we dont have to confess them to another sinner who has no ability to forgive them.

  5. #23
    Olympic Champ therick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: Carrie Prejean

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Where in the bible does it say we are supposed to profess our sins to a priest? Where does it say that deeds are a part of repentance?

    There is no lack of having to confess sins, but we dont have to confess them to another sinner who has no ability to forgive them.
    That is where you are wrong when it comes to Catholic dogma. When you are confessing your sins to a priest, he is acting as a direct line to God. It is not the priest that is forgiving you, it is God himself.

    You're right. Confession isn't in the bible. It's simply part of Catholic dogma. That's why I qualified my statement. "However, I'm Catholic, so I also believe in confession and repenting through both deeds and words for one's sins." I did so in order to let the reader better understand how I come to my viewpoint.

    As with any religious matter, there are no facts, just beliefs.

  6. #24
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,935

    Default Re: Carrie Prejean

    Quote Originally Posted by therick View Post
    That is where you are wrong when it comes to Catholic dogma. When you are confessing your sins to a priest, he is acting as a direct line to God. It is not the priest that is forgiving you, it is God himself.

    You're right. Confession isn't in the bible. It's simply part of Catholic dogma. That's why I qualified my statement. "However, I'm Catholic, so I also believe in confession and repenting through both deeds and words for one's sins." I did so in order to let the reader better understand how I come to my viewpoint.

    As with any religious matter, there are no facts, just beliefs.
    That is the issue I have with Catholicism, their is so much dogma that is non-biblical. It is fine to believe whatever you want but I can tell you from my understanding of the Bible there is no secret Catholic tradition to forgiveness.

  7. #25

    Default Re: Carrie Prejean

    "You cannot petition the lord with prayer!"

    The Rev. Jim Morrision

  8. #26

    Default Re: Carrie Prejean

    But we're getting close to The End.

    I would bone her in a second but I'm not into the fake softballs in the mammaries.

  9. #27
    Olympic Champ therick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: Carrie Prejean

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    That is the issue I have with Catholicism, their is so much dogma that is non-biblical. It is fine to believe whatever you want but I can tell you from my understanding of the Bible there is no secret Catholic tradition to forgiveness.
    That's probably the issue many non-Catholic Christians have with the Catholic faith. It's completely understandable, especially if one is less inclined to want structure in their religion. To each, his own.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •