Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 37

Thread: Limbaugh looking to buy the Rams

  1. #1

    Default Limbaugh looking to buy the Rams

    Currently Limbaugh is looking to buy the St. Louis Rams and seems to be getting a lot of press over this. In this press he is called a variety of names but I think Racist and hate-monger are the most used.

    I have 2 questions for the group.

    1. Should politics play a role in whether or not he should be able to buy the club?
    2. What exactly had Rush said that was actually Racist? - and please don't give one or two line quotes i have seen people pick one or two lines and by themselves yes they sound racist but when put in the whole conversation they do not even come close.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Limbaugh looking to buy the Rams

    the rams are 0-5, could they get much worse?

    apparently yes.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  3. #3
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Parker, Az
    Posts
    3,388

    Default Re: Limbaugh looking to buy the Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    Currently Limbaugh is looking to buy the St. Louis Rams and seems to be getting a lot of press over this. In this press he is called a variety of names but I think Racist and hate-monger are the most used.

    I have 2 questions for the group.

    1. Should politics play a role in whether or not he should be able to buy the club?
    2. What exactly had Rush said that was actually Racist? - and please don't give one or two line quotes i have seen people pick one or two lines and by themselves yes they sound racist but when put in the whole conversation they do not even come close.
    1. No

    2. Not interested in spin driven racist debates.
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Limbaugh looking to buy the Rams

    No Politics should not play a role in whether or not he should be able to buy the club.

    2. Nothing I can think of--though most will quote his comments on ESPN about McNabb.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Limbaugh looking to buy the Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by sgallan View Post
    1. No

    2. Not interested in spin driven racist debates.
    Sgallan,

    I agree on the first since it is business not politics that people should think about.

    In regards to the 2nd I am not interested in a race debate either but I am actually curious. Believe it or not i haven't listened to Rush that much. I would probably say less than 20 times over my lifetime. I have not heard him be racist or anything but everyone keeps saying he is so maybe i am wrong. The reason i asked the question was not to drag someone into a long heated debate but for my own learning.

  6. #6
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Parker, Az
    Posts
    3,388

    Default Re: Limbaugh looking to buy the Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    Sgallan,

    I agree on the first since it is business not politics that people should think about.

    In regards to the 2nd I am not interested in a race debate either but I am actually curious. Believe it or not i haven't listened to Rush that much. I would probably say less than 20 times over my lifetime. I have not heard him be racist or anything but everyone keeps saying he is so maybe i am wrong. The reason i asked the question was not to drag someone into a long heated debate but for my own learning.
    Well he doesn't bring up racial issues much but when he does what he says could be construed as racist depending on ones personal and political viewpoint. Of course the otherside vehemently denies it, which is why I stay out of it.
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Limbaugh looking to buy the Rams

    He will not be approved by the other owners and there will be a revolt by all the black players that are currently on the team. Whether you believe he is racist or not (which he is) is a moot point. He'll never be allowed to buy in.

    The NFL is a private business enterprise and they can do whatever they want.

    This is just a small sample but I'm sure you'll spin it well.
    http://newsone.com/obama/top-10-racist-limbaugh-quotes/

    Here's a more recent one you can spin.
    http://www.alternet.org/rights/142706/limbaugh's_racist_shocker:_"we_need_segregated_bus es"/

  8. #8

    Default Re: Limbaugh looking to buy the Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by sgallan View Post
    Well he doesn't bring up racial issues much but when he does what he says could be construed as racist depending on ones personal and political viewpoint. Of course the otherside vehemently denies it, which is why I stay out of it.
    I think you have a very very good point here.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Limbaugh looking to buy the Rams

    His comments speak for themselves. It has nothing to do with politics. Gallan, you always blame everything on politics. How about common sense?

    Americans ain't stupid.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •