Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 30

Thread: Anti-Choice wackos disrupt hearings

  1. #1

    Default Anti-Choice wackos disrupt hearings

    The right wing fringers once again show their lunacy. Another great example of republicanism circa 2009.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Anti-Choice wackos disrupt hearings

    I don't know if you meant to post a link, but here is one.

    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...cube_position1

  3. #3

    Default Re: Anti-Choice wackos disrupt hearings

    While I deplore the disruptions caused by these wackos, liberal wackos are not free from blame either. See: http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...Protests_N.htm and http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296294,00.html (towards the end of the story).

    Also, while many right-wing, religious wackos are republican, not all republicans are right-wing, religious wackos. Though I fear they are gaining more and more traction in the party.

    Similarly, while many left-wing, anti-war or anti-corporation wackos are democratic, not all democrats are left-wing, anti-war or anti-corporation wackos.

    So, at the moment, lets not assume that these actions represent the current state of the republican party, just as the anti-war protesters in the above referenced stories did not represent the current state of the democratic party at the time.
    "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Anti-Choice wackos disrupt hearings

    Jacob311 I agree with you and the extreems on both parties drive me nutz.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Anti-Choice wackos disrupt hearings

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob311 View Post
    While I deplore the disruptions caused by these wackos, liberal wackos are not free from blame either. See: http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...Protests_N.htm and http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296294,00.html (towards the end of the story).

    Also, while many right-wing, religious wackos are republican, not all republicans are right-wing, religious wackos. Though I fear they are gaining more and more traction in the party.

    Similarly, while many left-wing, anti-war or anti-corporation wackos are democratic, not all democrats are left-wing, anti-war or anti-corporation wackos.

    So, at the moment, lets not assume that these actions represent the current state of the republican party, just as the anti-war protesters in the above referenced stories did not represent the current state of the democratic party at the time.
    Fuhgetabout the equivocation. These were hearings for a potential Supreme Court Justice.

    I have no idea what Jacob 311 means but I'm going to guess it's a verse from the bible? If so, you probably are anti-choice and agree with the loudmouths who got booted from the hearings, not that you personally would act out like that. Do you think the majority of Americans approve of the antics that they witnessed? I sure don't.

    Modern Republicanism is way out of the mainstream. The party is far, far right and that is why they are lost in the wilderness.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Anti-Choice wackos disrupt hearings

    I didn't read all of the polls, but just the first few tell me where most Americans stand.

    Is it "conservative" to pry into the personal lives of women? I have no idea what "conservative" means to those who claim being "conservative".

    http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion.htm

  7. #7

    Default Re: Anti-Choice wackos disrupt hearings

    Quote Originally Posted by washed up wrestler View Post
    Fuhgetabout the equivocation. These were hearings for a potential Supreme Court Justice.

    I have no idea what Jacob 311 means but I'm going to guess it's a verse from the bible? If so, you probably are anti-choice and agree with the loudmouths who got booted from the hearings, not that you personally would act out like that. Do you think the majority of Americans approve of the antics that they witnessed? I sure don't.

    Modern Republicanism is way out of the mainstream. The party is far, far right and that is why they are lost in the wilderness.
    You may want to read his post again. Out of curiousity how do you "guess it's a verse from the bible"?

    There are republicans that are pro-choice I happen to be one of them.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Anti-Choice wackos disrupt hearings

    Quote Originally Posted by washed up wrestler View Post
    I didn't read all of the polls, but just the first few tell me where most Americans stand.

    Is it "conservative" to pry into the personal lives of women? I have no idea what "conservative" means to those who claim being "conservative".

    http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion.htm
    Take a guess at what it means to be conservative. If you think of the the biggest principle of hte GOP party what would you say it is?

  9. #9
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,934

    Default Re: Anti-Choice wackos disrupt hearings

    People feel strongly about the issue and either want it eliminated or to remain. The SC is the place where the decision is made so it does not surprise me they protested and exercised their CONSTITUTIONAL rights. They were removed and the day goes on.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •