Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Results 46 to 53 of 53
Discuss Caption this: at the Non Wrestling Talk within the Wrestling Talk Forums; Originally Posted by ban basketball Yes, but when a military vehicle (an arm of government) ...
  1. #46
    NCAA Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Soonerland
    Posts
    1,331

    Default Re: Caption this:

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Yes, but when a military vehicle (an arm of government) is in a picture and it says, "Pull," I'm sorry, but that, by default, is political.
    What you fail to grasp here is it was only political to YOU ban.

  2. #47
    Olympic Champ therick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: Caption this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Tight-Waist View Post
    What you fail to grasp here is it was only political to YOU ban.
    That was what had me scratching my head. I saw a tank, with an already somewhat funny caption "pull". At no point did anything political enter into my thinking. Oh well, to each his own.

  3. #48
    NCAA Champ ban basketball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,817

    Default Re: Caption this:

    Military=government=politics.

    Also, my video was the caption ("Where are the WMD's?"), so how is that wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by therick View Post
    That was what had me scratching my head. I saw a tank, with an already somewhat funny caption "pull". At no point did anything political enter into my thinking. Oh well, to each his own.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  4. #49
    Olympic Champ therick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: Caption this:

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Military=government=politics.

    Also, my video was the caption ("Where are the WMD's?"), so how is that wrong?
    I didn't say it was wrong, just that I never thought politics. You didn't need to explain the logic. I'm quite aware of the connection between government and the military. I also get what you felt was funny. I personally don't like people randomly using the images of fallen soldiers in these bits of propaganda. That particular soldier may have believed completely in the mission and in what he/she was doing. Since they're not around to give consent for use of their image, then maybe it's best to leave them out of the video. When they started using those kinds of pictures and images, the video stopped being funny to me. Again, to each his own.

  5. #50
    National Finalist gg121and2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    995
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Caption this:

    I think I'll go play more Ted Nugent. Cat Scratch Fever anyone?

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUtYP52Ijvc

  6. #51
    Olympic Champ therick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: Caption this:

    Sweaty Teddy is always a good time!

  7. #52
    NCAA Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Soonerland
    Posts
    1,331

    Default Re: Caption this:

    Quote Originally Posted by therick View Post
    I didn't say it was wrong, just that I never thought politics. You didn't need to explain the logic. I'm quite aware of the connection between government and the military. I also get what you felt was funny. I personally don't like people randomly using the images of fallen soldiers in these bits of propaganda. That particular soldier may have believed completely in the mission and in what he/she was doing. Since they're not around to give consent for use of their image, then maybe it's best to leave them out of the video. When they started using those kinds of pictures and images, the video stopped being funny to me. Again, to each his own.
    Very well said.

  8. #53
    NCAA Champ ban basketball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,817

    Default Re: Caption this:

    Who is diminishing the role and honor of soldiers? The person who put together the montage, me, or Bush? The answer should be pretty evident. How do you mock the fact that we're looking for WMD's, yet make that as the primary argument as to why we are in Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by therick View Post
    I didn't say it was wrong, just that I never thought politics. You didn't need to explain the logic. I'm quite aware of the connection between government and the military. I also get what you felt was funny. I personally don't like people randomly using the images of fallen soldiers in these bits of propaganda. That particular soldier may have believed completely in the mission and in what he/she was doing. Since they're not around to give consent for use of their image, then maybe it's best to leave them out of the video. When they started using those kinds of pictures and images, the video stopped being funny to me. Again, to each his own.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

user tags

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •