Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 12

Thread: This Bud?s Not For You

  1. #1
    Olympic Champ RYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,376

    Default This Bud?s Not For You

    Euro brewer Inbev out of Belgium makes unsolicited $46 billion bid for Anheuser-Busch.

    Another American standard going down most likely due to the cheap exchange rate for the US dollar.

  2. #2
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    It's a long way from East Colorado
    Posts
    3,740

    Default Re: This Bud?s Not For You

    Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    Euro brewer Inbev out of Belgium makes unsolicited $46 billion bid for Anheuser-Busch.

    Another American standard going down most likely due to the cheap exchange rate for the US dollar.
    I'm not sure I would call their beer a standard--or maybe you're just referring to the brand, in which case it would be a very American standard.

    Coors and Molson (Canadian) merged a couple years ago. Now Molson/Coors is talking about merging with Miller.

    Typical monopoly capitalism at work: grow or die. One way to grow is to merge.

  3. #3

    Default Re: This Bud?s Not For You

    Anhauser-Busch holds something over 50% of the American market share. I think that is what he means by a standard. God knows it isn't the beer.

    R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

  4. #4

    Default Re: This Bud?s Not For You

    Miller is owned by South African Brewing.

  5. #5
    Olympic Champ RYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,376

    Default Re: This Bud?s Not For You

    Quote Originally Posted by M Richardson View Post
    Anhauser-Busch holds something over 50% of the American market share. I think that is what he means by a standard. God knows it isn't the beer.
    I've had, may be two Buds in a bowling alley over the past 30 years which is probably where they do the biggest business. Still Bud is The Name in beer. It's an American tradition through and through, just like Mom's apple pie. Before all of the imports and micros hit the market, Bud was The Beer to buy followed by Miller, Pabst Blue Ribbon and Reingold.

  6. #6

    Default Re: This Bud?s Not For You

    Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    I've had, may be two Buds in a bowling alley over the past 30 years which is probably where they do the biggest business. Still Bud is The Name in beer. It's an American tradition through and through, just like Mom's apple pie. Before all of the imports and micros hit the market, Bud was The Beer to buy followed by Miller, Pabst Blue Ribbon and Reingold.
    I heard another terrible rumor that Corona may be bought out by a Mexican company.....
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!?

  7. #7

    Default Re: This Bud?s Not For You

    Corona are huuuge i doubt they will get taken over

  8. #8
    Olympic Champ RYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,376

    Default Re: This Bud?s Not For You

    The Wall Street Journal reported Friday that InBev has boosted its takeover offer for the St. Louis-based maker of Budweiser, Bud Light and other beers to $70. It said one person it did not identify by name said the Anheuser-Busch board is likely to accept the offer this weekend.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

  9. #9
    Olympic Champ RYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,376

    Default Re: This Bud?s Not For You

    done deal. 50% of Corona goes with it. FWIW, Ambev is based in Belgium, but is owned by Brazillians.

    Hmmmm...the Cartel's Imobliari ?
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •