Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 11

Thread: Video logo discussion

  1. #1

    Default Re: Jayson Ness vs. TJ Wunnicke

    Quote Originally Posted by cradleking View Post
    who was the camera guy I was standing right next to him most of the time. lol
    I was the camera guy. My name is Ryan Thomas and I am part of the group (SEMWREC-South Eastern Minnesota Wrestling Coalition) that puts on Clash. Coach Marty Morgan allowed me to video and post under the impression that it was going on Flowrestling. He felt it was "good for wrestling", and we were willing to do it. I don't mind that it is on Wrestling Talk, but I'd appreciate it if the administrator would give props to Flo. I hope you all enjoy...

  2. #2

    Default Re: Jayson Ness vs. TJ Wunnicke

    Quote Originally Posted by determined View Post
    I was the camera guy. My name is Ryan Thomas and I am part of the group (SEMWREC-South Eastern Minnesota Wrestling Coalition) that puts on Clash. Coach Marty Morgan allowed me to video and post under the impression that it was going on Flowrestling. He felt it was "good for wrestling", and we were willing to do it. I don't mind that it is on Wrestling Talk, but I'd appreciate it if the administrator would give props to Flo. I hope you all enjoy...
    Glad to get you on the board! How often do you tape? If you look to the right of this, and all flowrestling videos you will see an image that looks like this:

    <<< This links to flowrestling next to every video on this site.

    I used to wrestle at Apple Valley, saw Flo is doing The Clash- should be great.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Jayson Ness vs. TJ Wunnicke

    I'm guessing your first name is Jacob? I'll assume is it. Jacob, I'd like it if you could make the Flo name more prominent. I missed it entirely. Could you do that for me? I think both sites have a lot to give back to wrestling, but your site is benefitting a great deal from Martin and his crew.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Jayson Ness vs. TJ Wunnicke

    In all fairness I didnt ever notice that until you pointed it out just now schlottke

  5. #5

    Default Re: Jayson Ness vs. TJ Wunnicke

    Quote Originally Posted by determined View Post
    I'm guessing your first name is Jacob? I'll assume is it. Jacob, I'd like it if you could make the Flo name more prominent. I missed it entirely. Could you do that for me? I think both sites have a lot to give back to wrestling, but your site is benefitting a great deal from Martin and his crew.
    Not a problem, next time I'm in Photoshop ill make the image less opaque...

    Also, on the benefiting... I could argue that Flowrestling gets a ton more content views as a result of the members and guests to the forum- many of which do see their logo and click on it.. along with the addition of them to the wrestling toolbar.
    Between the site and the toolbar, we send Flowrestling around 200 (~180-210) unique visitors a day recently... that is hardly not payback... on the Adsense market (google's advertising product) that would be around $20.00 in traffic a day. (@$.10/click for a search phrase like: "wrestling videos")
    Last edited by Schlottke; 11-27-2007 at 12:51 AM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Jayson Ness vs. TJ Wunnicke

    Thanks. I'll look forward to seeing that. We've got a lot of videoing in our plans to post on Flo.

    As far as benefitting, I didn't bring it up to argue, I'm sure there are many sides to the story. I only care about the credit, as we've built a relationship with Martin. His reputation along with the Clash's reputation is what allowed us to get the authorization from Morgan.

    With everything Flo is doing I would make every attempt to keep the line of communication open and to make sure he is happy, otherwise you'll get shut out completely at some point. I hope that doesn't happen.

    By the way, if I remember correctly, you had one heck of an ankle pick! Glad to see you're staying involved.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Jayson Ness vs. TJ Wunnicke

    Quote Originally Posted by determined View Post
    Thanks. I'll look forward to seeing that. We've got a lot of videoing in our plans to post on Flo.

    As far as benefitting, I didn't bring it up to argue, I'm sure there are many sides to the story. I only care about the credit, as we've built a relationship with Martin. His reputation along with the Clash's reputation is what allowed us to get the authorization from Morgan.

    With everything Flo is doing I would make every attempt to keep the line of communication open and to make sure he is happy, otherwise you'll get shut out completely at some point. I hope that doesn't happen.

    By the way, if I remember correctly, you had one heck of an ankle pick! Glad to see you're staying involved.
    I can appreciate the fact that you are trying to help better the cause, and give the credit to Martin. As I had originally said, the goal of this site is simply to help grow wrestling, not "steal" videos.

    On Flo- I'll leave the open communication up to TWTs originator- I simply host the site free for them and test tools here. Blip.tv (where FloCasts.org hosts their videos) gives consent to 3rd parties to use the videos- its how Blip pays for the bandwidth used. You can read through the entire TOS here: http://blip.tv/tos/

    Exactly like YouTube or Revver, Blip.tv allows people to upload their content to the web and host them free so the creator doesn't have to flip a hefty bandwidth bill- I wouldn't have set up the RSS feed if Blip didn't allow it.

    http://webglia.blip.tv/#syndicate

    Code:
    As you can see from the http://webglia.blip.tv/#syndicate link, we aren't doing anything someone else couldn't legally do.
    Last edited by Schlottke; 11-27-2007 at 11:33 AM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Jayson Ness vs. TJ Wunnicke

    Thanks for the info. I definitely learned something. My interest in this is purely about wrestling people taking care of other wrestling people. Martin has built something that will hopefully bring the sport more publicity and serve the need of people who can't be there when it happens. Flo is damn good for wrestling and it's important that TWT's people make sure he get's his due. He's not interested in forum type stuff so they never have to worry about him competing. If you come to the Clash or the Christmas tournament look me up, It'd be good to meet.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Jayson Ness vs. TJ Wunnicke

    Quote Originally Posted by determined View Post
    He's not interested in forum type stuff so they never have to worry about him competing. If you come to the Clash or the Christmas tournament look me up, It'd be good to meet.
    TWT isn't about competition..just the betterment of the sport (which is why I agreed with you and made the logo more prominent). I will definitely say hello if I make it to either. I checked out your profile on Mackin.com so I even know who to look for.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •