Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 41

Thread: How important is your beer?

  1. #10

    Default Re: How important is your beer?

    Quote Originally Posted by rustyshackleford View Post
    I'll drink to that, and have a Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA in hand to do so.
    That may be one of the best beers that I've had a in a while. Be careful, though. They can get you loopy fast!
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  2. #11

    Default Re: How important is your beer?

    Its pretty good, Ban, I agree. I really like almost everything SN makes, but one complaint I have is that a lot of it tastes similar. You had anything else good lately? I had a Stone smoked porter for the first time last night. Awesome. I think a lot of their stuff is overrated, but that was fantastic.

  3. #12

    Default Re: How important is your beer?

    I have been forced to give up beer for the past several weeks for my diet and I am getting a bit grumpy. Since being in Denver I have tried about 40 new kinds of beers it has been an eye opening experience.

  4. #13

    Default Re: How important is your beer?

    I'm jealous, pj. I am in a horrible spot for beer. The Bible belt has ridiculous blue laws, and not a huge amount of variety when compared to other places. There are a few Southern microbreweries that good though. What have you had in Denver that you are in to?

  5. #14

    Default Re: How important is your beer?

    Quote Originally Posted by M Richardson View Post
    Gaspar Corona-Jiminez, 38, was stabbed in the chest,....//

    Deputies located Guerra about 500 yards from the trailer. Guerra was passed out and had blood on his shirt, the report said.
    You all disappoint me. Am I the only one that figured it had to be Corona?

    If I have to waste calories on beer, it is going to be on a good beer. Ironically Corona is my fall back/daily beer.

    But way too many interesting beers out there to fall into a rut, unless you are found passed out about 500 yards from the trailer..
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!?

  6. #15

    Default Re: How important is your beer?

    Quote Originally Posted by rustyshackleford View Post
    Its pretty good, Ban, I agree. I really like almost everything SN makes, but one complaint I have is that a lot of it tastes similar. You had anything else good lately? I had a Stone smoked porter for the first time last night. Awesome. I think a lot of their stuff is overrated, but that was fantastic.
    I enjoy SN more than any other brand, and yes, I agree that they tend to have a similar flavor. However, for me, I think it is that flavor that I seem to seek and desire.

    Lots of good ones lately (many escape me right now without my list handy), but one that I recently recall that I really enjoyed was Schell Bock. I'm a big fan of the Schell beers, but unfortunately, they aren't widely distributed. It is just a small family owned brewery from New Ulm, Minnesota.

    Hoppalicious, from a brew pub in Madison, WI called Ale Asylum was fantastic! Actually, one of the best American IPA's that I've ever had, but REALLY limited distribution.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  7. #16

    Default Re: How important is your beer?

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Hoppalicious, from a brew pub in Madison, WI called Ale Asylum was fantastic! Actually, one of the best American IPA's that I've ever had, but REALLY limited distribution.
    One that I think is pretty good around my parts is Hop-Ocalypse. I pick up some on occasion. I would love to find it on draft someplace. The Beer Advocate only gives it a B, but I like it.



    Brewed by Clay Pipe Brewing Company in Frederick, Maryland.
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!?

  8. #17

    Default Re: How important is your beer?

    You all should try a beer called "Tennants". It is a lighter beer but full of taste. I also like a beer they sell here in the valley called "Kiltlifter" from four peaks brewery.

  9. #18

    Default Re: How important is your beer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    You all should try a beer called "Tennants". It is a lighter beer but full of taste. I also like a beer they sell here in the valley called "Kiltlifter" from four peaks brewery.
    So many beers, so little time.......
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •