Corporate Attorney Rant
I left the office fuming yesterday. The first time I've felt this way since I can ever remember.
Here's the sequence of events...
1. Due to a vacation I was put in charge of an important yet complicated process.
2. I had little to no briefing of the process or the data needing extracted.
3. I uploaded some data into a spreadsheet and emailed it to this corporate attorney for review and approval. She immediate replied back asking why the data was on two tabs.
I explained the Excel limitations that this version only
allows 65,536 rows per tab and the remainding data rolls over into the second tab. Her reply was that from this point on if she rcv'd a spreedsheet spanning two tabs I should include that in the body of the email.
4. I let that go ad some silly accommodation I would do.
5 I then rcv'd a phone call from her asking vague questions for which I could not answer immediately. I said I am covering for a collegue who was out if the office but I could get this to her asap but needed clarification on the data sets first so I could get it right the first time.
6. Her reply was, "I don't even know how to explain it and frankly I have little confidence and worried about you."
7. By this time I was maintaining what little professional demeanor I had left and replied.
8. The more unprofessionally youcontinue to be, the more annoyed I am and the more annoyed I become is directly proportional to how much more worried you should become.
9. I terminated the call advising her to call the VP's office as I was walking there to finish this conversation.
So...how far over the line do you feel I went? And how differently would you have handled it.
Tags for this Thread