Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 29

Thread: Story telling songs- Add your favorites

  1. #10

    Default Re: Story telling songs- Add your favorites

    Quote Originally Posted by ccbig View Post
    Some songs are just fun to dance to or tap your foot to. While other songs tell a story.

    These are a few of my favorite story telling songs in no particular order.

    Hot Rod Lincoln by Commander Cody And His Lost Planet Airmen
    CC, that's John Tichy doing the chicken pickin' on guitar on that song for Commander Cody. My twin brother plays doghouse bass (stage name: Kenny Bruce) in a band called Bones Maki and the Sun Dodgers with John Tichy's son Graham. Trust me, dad taught son all his licks, though the Sun Dodgers are a little more country rockabilly.

    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=143128853

    Bones Maki & the Sun Dodgers "Well Water Blues"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD-D8FMLLRw
    Last edited by OldShamrock; 10-17-2008 at 03:38 PM.

  2. #11
    NCAA Champ ccbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    1,144

    Default Re: Story telling songs- Add your favorites

    Quote Originally Posted by OldShamrock View Post
    CC, that's John Tichy doing the chicken pickin' on guitar on that song for Commander Cody. My twin brother plays doghouse bass (stage name: Kenny Bruce) in a band called Bones Maki and the Sun Dodgers with John Tichy's son Graham. Trust me, dad taught son all his licks, though the Sun Dodgers are a little more country rockabilly.

    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=143128853

    Bones Maki & the Sun Dodgers "Well Water Blues"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD-D8FMLLRw

    That was some fun Rock-A-Billy music!

    Do those guys have a CD yet?
    If we don't fight hard enough for the things we stand for, at some point we have to recognize that we don't really stand for them.

    ~Paul Wellstone~

  3. #12
    Olympic Champ RYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,376

    Default Re: Story telling songs- Add your favorites

    The fiirst one that came to mind was The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerals. Here are some others

    Kentucky Rain - Elvis

    I'll have to say i love you in a song - Jim Croce

    Paradise by the Dashboard Lights - Meatloaf

    American Pie - Don McLean (but not on my favorites list)

    Fun Fun Fun- The Beach Boys

    Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves- Cher

    Leader of the Pack- The Shangri-Las (vrooom vrooom)

    Mrs Brown, You've Got a Lovely Daughter- Herman's Hermits

    The Gambler- Kenny Rogers

    Travelin' Man- Ricky Nelson
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

  4. #13
    Olympic Champ RYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,376

    Default Re: Story telling songs- Add your favorites

    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

  5. #14

    Default Re: Story telling songs- Add your favorites

    "Big Bad John" by Jimmy Dean

    "The Ghost of Tom Joad" by Bruce Springsteen (although I prefer the Rage Against The Machine version)


    Shea Stadium
    1964 - 2008

    http://www.theopenmat.com/

  6. #15
    Ancient Arachnid Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: Story telling songs- Add your favorites

    Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    The fiirst one that came to mind was The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerals. Here are some others

    Kentucky Rain - Elvis

    I'll have to say i love you in a song - Jim Croce

    Paradise by the Dashboard Lights - Meatloaf

    American Pie - Don McLean (but not on my favorites list)

    Fun Fun Fun- The Beach Boys

    Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves- Cher

    Leader of the Pack- The Shangri-Las (vrooom vrooom)

    Mrs Brown, You've Got a Lovely Daughter- Herman's Hermits

    The Gambler- Kenny Rogers

    Travelin' Man- Ricky Nelson
    Good choices, epecially Paradise by the Dashboard Lights and Kentucky Rain.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

  7. #16
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: Story telling songs- Add your favorites

    My Way -Sid Vicious

  8. #17

    Default Re: Story telling songs- Add your favorites

    Quote Originally Posted by ccbig View Post
    That was some fun Rock-A-Billy music!

    Do those guys have a CD yet?
    They got 3 CDs plus another two from when they were the Big Barn Combo. Amazon's got some of them but not all. Bones can write a decent hook. My bro has also done studio work for a half dozen or so other rockabilly artists.

  9. #18
    NCAA Champ WhippetGrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moved to Suffolk, VA
    Posts
    1,281

    Default Re: Story telling songs- Add your favorites

    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •