Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 42

Thread: Can my Chargers do it?

  1. #19

    Default Re: Can my Chargers do it?

    AP San Diego, CA - After a devastating 17-14 loss to the New York Jets in the Divisional Playoffs, Sand Diego Charger's place kicker, Nate Kaeding, attempted suicide in the locker room. Fortunately, the attempt was unsuccessful because Kaeding was unable to kick the chair out from under himself.
    Lets go Brent!

  2. #20

    Default Re: Can my Chargers do it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    AP San Diego, CA - After a devastating 17-14 loss to the New York Jets in the Divisional Playoffs, Sand Diego Charger's place kicker, Nate Kaeding, attempted suicide in the locker room. Fortunately, the attempt was unsuccessful because Kaeding was unable to kick the chair out from under himself.
    Classic.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  3. #21

    Default Re: Can my Chargers do it?

    One of the fg's Kaeding missed was 58 yds. The other 2 he missed hurt the team, but a championship caliber team overcomes that. As for them having immense talent....please. They have zero running game and a QB who easily rattles under pressure. Their defense played about as good as they could and Gates actually kept them in the game. Yeah, he dropped one big pass, but then again so did Braylon Edwards in the end zone.

    The Chargers got beat by a better team. On top of that, they got beat by a rookie QB. Shon Greene (thank you Hawkeyes), Thomas Jones and Dustin Keller are all big time players. Good season for SD, just not a good enough team to make it all the way.

    Oh, did ya'll notice the Jets don't miss tackles....maybe that might have something to do with it also?

  4. #22

    Default Re: Can my Chargers do it?

    yea im suprised all i heard out of adolf was if, if, if, if. I remember him giving posters a hard time in the past about the use of if.

    Jets outplayed the chargers plain and simple. Any one could point to a number of plays during any game and say that if x play went differenty the game could have changed. Jets players stepped up, chargers played did not.

    congrats jets.

  5. #23

    Default Re: Can my Chargers do it?

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    yea im suprised all i heard out of adolf was if, if, if, if. I remember him giving posters a hard time in the past about the use of if.

    Jets outplayed the chargers plain and simple. Any one could point to a number of plays during any game and say that if x play went differenty the game could have changed. Jets players stepped up, chargers played did not.

    congrats jets.
    PJ you're on the right path, but the point has sailed over your head. What I've tried to teach you in the past is that "if" something changes in the course of a game, the rest of the game changes too, and you cannot assume that the outcome would remain exactly the same, other than the "if" in question. Notice my statement in this blog is that"if" the kicker makes those field goals, the game ends differently. Please tell me you don't disagree with that, and actually believe that everything would have worked out exactly the same. And "if" the game ends differently, San Diego has a shot at winning.

    We previously had discussed a New Jersey Nets game where 3 minutes into the game against the Los Angeles Lakers, New Jersey missed a lay up and then eventually lost by a point. You thought that New Jersey would have won if they only hadn't missed the lay up. I hope this helps you to better grasp the concept.
    Last edited by Adolf Oliverbush; 01-28-2010 at 06:17 PM.
    Lets go Brent!

  6. #24

    Default Re: Can my Chargers do it?

    adolf, whatever helps you sleep at night. Your spinning doesnt change anything, you chastised others for using if, if, if and then you do the same thing. Chargers got whipped, if they scored more points they would have won.

  7. #25

    Default Re: Can my Chargers do it?

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    adolf, whatever helps you sleep at night. Your spinning doesnt change anything, you chastised others for using if, if, if and then you do the same thing. Chargers got whipped, if they scored more points they would have won.
    Not necessarily PJ. If they scored more points, The JETS may have scored more themselves, instead of running out the clock. All we know is that if the Chargers scored more points, they may have increased their chances to win the game, and as a Charger fan, you take that every single time knowing that it may be a win instead of a loss. For the record, I am not at all surprised that this still sails clearly over your head, (not that that's some tall order). For review, a missed point in the first quarter doesn't mean your team would have won "if" they had simply made it.

    And while we're on the topic, you sound awfully bitter PJ. Is this because your bEagles got swept by 17 time division champion Dallas? I noticed that you have been very quiet on the boards about them. No division title, no playoff win, no wins against Dallas in 3 tries. In the mean time, hated Dallas, (8 time NFC Champions and 5 time Super Bowl Champions) really put it to you guys. Lay off my Chargers, at least they won the division title this year, what did your bEagles do?
    Lets go Brent!

  8. #26

    Default Re: Can my Chargers do it?

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    adolf, whatever helps you sleep at night. Your spinning doesnt change anything, you chastised others for using if, if, if and then you do the same thing. Chargers got whipped, if they scored more points they would have won.
    Lets go Brent!

  9. #27

    Default Re: Can my Chargers do it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    Lay off my Chargers, at least they won the division title this year, what did your bEagles do?
    Man, winning the AFC west, what a feather to have in your cap. Finishing ahead of the Chiefs(4-12) Raiders(5-11) and Broncos(8-8) is certainly an accomplishment.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •