Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 28 to 34 of 34

Thread: Kimbo Slice returns in fall -- but Brett Rogers not a definite opponent

  1. #28

    Default Re: Kimbo Slice returns in fall -- but Brett Rogers not a definite opponent

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Cauliflower ear exploding =/= rearranging facial structure.
    Ear=part of the facial structure
    Exploded=rearranging structure

    Well, I'll be....he DID rearrange his facial structure after all.
    I heart Jazzy B. White.
    Indianamat.com

  2. #29
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Kimbo Slice returns in fall -- but Brett Rogers not a definite opponent

    Quote Originally Posted by DingoBrigade View Post
    Ear=part of the facial structure
    Exploded=rearranging structure

    Well, I'll be....he DID rearrange his facial structure after all.
    No, he didn't. An ear is no part of your facial structure. And it wasn't rearranged. Rich Franklin's nose was rearranged.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  3. #30

    Default Re: Kimbo Slice returns in fall -- but Brett Rogers not a definite opponent

    So a broken nose is something special and an exploded ear is not. Interesting theory....
    I heart Jazzy B. White.
    Indianamat.com

  4. #31
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Kimbo Slice returns in fall -- but Brett Rogers not a definite opponent

    Quote Originally Posted by DingoBrigade View Post
    So a broken nose is something special and an exploded ear is not. Interesting theory....
    I'm glad you are beginning to show an understanding of basic anatomy. Acknowledging that a strike that breaks the nose affects breathing, while a strike that bursts a cauliflower has no other negative effects other then the instant pain is a good step.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  5. #32

    Default Re: Kimbo Slice returns in fall -- but Brett Rogers not a definite opponent

    Fighters break noses all the time and it very seldom stops any fights. All it does is force a fighter to breathe through his or her mouth. Facial wounds of all kind don't bleed like that ear did. There's also something called equilibrium, which is affected by pressure in the ear. Unlike a broken nose, there is no recourse for altered equilibrium except time. Then there's the tiny, unimportant detail of Thompson being cross-eyed and glassy eyed, or essentially out on his feet, which he was. Excellent stoppage.
    I heart Jazzy B. White.
    Indianamat.com

  6. #33
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Kimbo Slice returns in fall -- but Brett Rogers not a definite opponent

    Quote Originally Posted by DingoBrigade View Post
    Fighters break noses all the time and it very seldom stops any fights. All it does is force a fighter to breathe through his or her mouth. Facial wounds of all kind don't bleed like that ear did. There's also something called equilibrium, which is affected by pressure in the ear. Unlike a broken nose, there is no recourse for altered equilibrium except time. Then there's the tiny, unimportant detail of Thompson being cross-eyed and glassy eyed, or essentially out on his feet, which he was. Excellent stoppage.
    You know equilibrium is controlled in the INNER ear, correct? Unles you are laboring under the assumption that people start falling over when their earlobes are twisted or pierced.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  7. #34

    Default Re: Kimbo Slice returns in fall -- but Brett Rogers not a definite opponent

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    You know equilibrium is controlled in the INNER ear, correct? Unles you are laboring under the assumption that people start falling over when their earlobes are twisted or pierced.
    It's affected by pressure, or a dramatic change in pressure, which is present with a concussive shot to the ear, as in when Kimbo blasted him in the ear. The earlobe is one part of the ear, you do have that part correct at least.
    I heart Jazzy B. White.
    Indianamat.com

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •