Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 34

Thread: Kimbo Slice returns in fall -- but Brett Rogers not a definite opponent

  1. #10

    Default Re: Kimbo Slice returns in fall -- but Brett Rogers not a definite opponent

    Gannon's a smart guy. He would definitely stand with Kimbo, save perhaps the final 30 seconds of every round, in an attempt to win the round if it is close. You definitely don't want to leave it in the judges hands if you are fighting Kimbo Slice.

    I agree on wanting to see some good fights thrown in there to support the card.

  2. #11
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Kimbo Slice returns in fall -- but Brett Rogers not a definite opponent

    I think it would be a home run.

    When Gannon fought for the UFC, Dana said he might lose his job over it (he's a cop). I doubt he did, but they may have told him not to do this again.

    With this main event and stacking the card with other talented guys (like Shields, Lawler), this could be bigger than the last Kimbo fight and really put them on the map.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  3. #12

    Default Re: Kimbo Slice returns in fall -- but Brett Rogers not a definite opponent

    Having Kimbo main event another card especially after his last performance would be an insult to guys like Shields, Lawler, and Diaz who are real mixed martial artists and deserve the right to main event these things.

    Stick Kimbo in the middle of the card, but he doesn't deserve to go last no matter how much the fat track suit wearer talks him up.

  4. #13

    Default Re: Kimbo Slice returns in fall -- but Brett Rogers not a definite opponent

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Having Kimbo main event another card especially after his last performance would be an insult to guys like Shields, Lawler, and Diaz who are real mixed martial artists and deserve the right to main event these things.

    Stick Kimbo in the middle of the card, but he doesn't deserve to go last no matter how much the fat track suit wearer talks him up.

    I disagree 100%. When those guys you mentioned bring in 8 million fans to tune in, then you will have an argument. Kimbo Slice is the man over there and those televised cards are about getting numbers. Those guys can have the main events on other cards, not the ones that determine the future of the company. It's simply business.

    And lets remove Diaz from the discussion, he can hardly pass every other drug test...when he makes weight or doesn't pull out of a fight. Lawler? Shileds? Does anyone know who these guys are? Maybe Lawler, didn't he fight on the under card of Kimbo's last fight, but who the hell is Shields? Come one, this is a business, you put the guy that brings the fans in as your headliner.

  5. #14

    Default Re: Kimbo Slice returns in fall -- but Brett Rogers not a definite opponent

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    I disagree 100%. When those guys you mentioned bring in 8 million fans to tune in, then you will have an argument. Kimbo Slice is the man over there and those televised cards are about getting numbers. Those guys can have the main events on other cards, not the ones that determine the future of the company. It's simply business.

    And lets remove Diaz from the discussion, he can hardly pass every other drug test...when he makes weight or doesn't pull out of a fight. Lawler? Shileds? Does anyone know who these guys are? Maybe Lawler, didn't he fight on the under card of Kimbo's last fight, but who the hell is Shields? Come one, this is a business, you put the guy that brings the fans in as your headliner.
    There is no other approach that makes sense. JB does it the same way--market what sells. Kimbo sells. Entertainment and controversy sell.
    I heart Jazzy B. White.
    Indianamat.com

  6. #15
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Kimbo Slice returns in fall -- but Brett Rogers not a definite opponent

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    Pimach it's all about marketing. Affliction will do about 50k buys from the hard core junkies and they will put on a tremendous card. Kimbo will do about 10 million views and they will be from the hardcore fan that mostly turns in to hate on him, and from the casual fan who watched him in a back and forth battle that ended in spectacular and exciting fashion, against James Thompson.

    I tell you, I get approached here at the plant almost daily about MMA and more than half the comments/questions are about the intriguing big man from sarasota.
    That fight ended in spectacular fashion? Both guys were on their feet and the referee jumped in.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  7. #16

    Default Re: Kimbo Slice returns in fall -- but Brett Rogers not a definite opponent

    It ended when Kimbo destroyed Thompson's facial structure with some lethal haymakers.
    I heart Jazzy B. White.
    Indianamat.com

  8. #17
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Kimbo Slice returns in fall -- but Brett Rogers not a definite opponent

    Quote Originally Posted by DingoBrigade View Post
    It ended when Kimbo destroyed Thompson's facial structure with some lethal haymakers.
    Of course he did.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  9. #18

    Default Re: Kimbo Slice returns in fall -- but Brett Rogers not a definite opponent

    I would say that a bloodied and battered man who's leading on the cards (I imagine) getting stopped by a hungry and seemingly unwilling to quite, newcomer, qualifies as spectacular. Not sure what them standing has to do with any of it.

    And Dingo I agree, Dana does the same thing. BrocK Lesnar comes to mind, with his 1-0 record headlining a major pay per view. It's simply smart business any way you look at it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •