Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 28

Thread: The greatest challenge Fedor has faced yet...

  1. #10

    Default Re: The greatest challenge Fedor has faced yet...

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspiantiger View Post
    I don't see anyone claiming any none Americans are better than Fedor
    I'm really not going to try and decipher the exact meaning of this gibberish, but there is a point that kind of connects to this that I want to make.

    Most people, of a semi-reasonable intelligence, and with a decent breadth of knowledge about mixed martial arts would still say that Fedor is the best fighter in the world. Because they think he's the best fighter in the world, that leads to a general feeling of distaste when he does things like this.

    Randy Couture needs to pull his head out of his ass and fight Nogueira before he is truly deserving of Fedor. Fedor should fight Barnett, he beats him, and his legacy is secure, if it isn't already.

  2. #11

    Default Re: The greatest challenge Fedor has faced yet...

    jensens simple i am saying. Americans don;t like a Russian being considered number 1, they will continually claim American fighters are better, yet they will never claim a fighter who is not American better than fedor.

    The conclusion is these people do not really care about who is the legitimate number 1 they just want him to be American. hence their opinion is biased and thus worthless.

    It is a joke to claim anyone other than Fedor is number 1. To claim Fedor is purposefully avoiding fights is ludicrous as it was the UFC who liquidised Pride and thus Fedor's competition and then offered Fedor an unreasonable contract.
    I think it is very clear that the UFC is to blame for this mess and to hope M1 can recruit qaulity opponents for Fedor. However due to the power vacuum created by the UFC many top fighters are being snapped up by many different organisations makiing it very difficult for Fedor to get good fights. Especially considering the UFC's position on cross promotion.

  3. #12

    Default Re: The greatest challenge Fedor has faced yet...

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspiantiger View Post
    jensens simple i am saying. Americans don;t like a Russian being considered number 1, they will continually claim American fighters are better, yet they will never claim a fighter who is not American better than fedor.
    You're making massive, sweeping, and in many cases including mine erroneous judgments. I'm an American. I think Fedor is the best fighter in the world, I don't think Randy Couture is. Randy had an opportunity to fight Fedor on a BoDog card for 3 mil and he passed on it.

    Again, I don't even know what your last sentence says.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspiantiger View Post
    The conclusion is these people do not really care about who is the legitimate number 1 they just want him to be American. hence their opinion is biased and thus worthless.
    See above, another incorrect, and stupid generalization.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspiantiger View Post
    It is a joke to claim anyone other than Fedor is number 1. To claim Fedor is purposefully avoiding fights is ludicrous as it was the UFC who liquidised Pride and thus Fedor's competition and then offered Fedor an unreasonable contract.
    I think it is very clear that the UFC is to blame for this mess and to hope M1 can recruit qaulity opponents for Fedor. However due to the power vacuum created by the UFC many top fighters are being snapped up by many different organisations makiing it very difficult for Fedor to get good fights. Especially considering the UFC's position on cross promotion.
    I think both sides are to blame for this mess, I'm sure you in your ridiculously biased, and idiotic state will think otherwise.

    Dana for being too stubborn to give in on Combat Sambo, and Fedor's management for making ridiculous demands including allowing them the right to co-sponsor events with the UFC and their organization.

  4. #13
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: The greatest challenge Fedor has faced yet...

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspiantiger View Post
    jensens simple i am saying. Americans don;t like a Russian being considered number 1, they will continually claim American fighters are better, yet they will never claim a fighter who is not American better than fedor.

    The conclusion is these people do not really care about who is the legitimate number 1 they just want him to be American. hence their opinion is biased and thus worthless.

    It is a joke to claim anyone other than Fedor is number 1. To claim Fedor is purposefully avoiding fights is ludicrous as it was the UFC who liquidised Pride and thus Fedor's competition and then offered Fedor an unreasonable contract.
    I think it is very clear that the UFC is to blame for this mess and to hope M1 can recruit qaulity opponents for Fedor. However due to the power vacuum created by the UFC many top fighters are being snapped up by many different organisations makiing it very difficult for Fedor to get good fights. Especially considering the UFC's position on cross promotion.
    How shocking that you feel that way...

    1. Who has claimed that an American fighter is better then Fedor? Nobody. People have said that Randy Couture could beat him (most notably within the confines of a cage). Nothing more, nothing less. So, if someone feels that Fedor is not unbeatable they're biased. Gotcha.

    2. Rankings are supposed to be based on results, with more recent results mattering more then older results. Fedor has not fought a ccurrent top 10 fighter since 2005. A higher ranking does not mean someone is a better fighter, it means that they have done more within the sport.

    3. A vast majority of the top fighters in the HW division were in the UFC. Fedor refused to sign with the UFC. The contract was not so unreasonable that almost ALL of the top 10 fighters chose to sign it. Apparently, it's only unreasonable for Fedor.

    4. There is an article on Sherdog that details the rivalry and bitterness between M-1 and BodogFight. It even says that M-1 may start using exclusive contracts with it's fighters...but I suppose it's perfectly reasonable for them.

    5. If the power vacuum that the UFC has created has made a bunch of organizations snatch up talent, causing Fedor to have difficulty getting good fights, how so? Every one else is "reasonable" and is willing to cross-promote, so how can it be difficult? Josh Barnett was a man without a fighting org. Ricardo Arona. Sergei Kharitonov fought on the same friggin Yarenokka card where Fedor fought a 1-0 freakshow from Korea. He's not fighting top competition because M-1 doesn't want to risk their investment, which is entirely based on Fedor staying undefeated. Who's next? Will we finally see the much anticipate Fedor-Lindland rematch? How about Fedor-Gomi?!?
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  5. #14

    Default Re: The greatest challenge Fedor has faced yet...

    Jensens not all Americans are stupid, i am talking about certain Americans.

    vak attack
    1 many people claim ludicrously that Couture, Sylvia and others are better than Fedor.

    2 Rankings are based on who is number 1, not if Sylvia beats another can.

    3 Fedor is the top talent he is obviously going to want a contract that reflefts that and M1 have obviously been able to meet the requirements.

    4 Don't know about this.

    5 I think lots of fighters refuse to fight Fedor, making it difficult for him to find competition, if fighters weren't scared and theyw ree in the same org then it would be no problem. I don;t think fedor is avoiding anyone.

    I believe Barnett and COuture have both refused to fight Fedor. I don;t think Hong man Choi is a freak show he is a former wrestler and has done well in K1 he also did very well against fedor, which sais more than the UFC heavy weight champ.

  6. #15
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: The greatest challenge Fedor has faced yet...

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspiantiger View Post
    vak attack
    1 many people claim ludicrously that Couture, Sylvia and others are better than Fedor.
    "Many" is a lovely, vague word that establishes nothing. "Many" people feel the world was created 10,000 years ago. But nobody of any credibility feels that way.

    2 Rankings are based on who is number 1, not if Sylvia beats another can.
    LOL. What cans are you speaking of? Fedor's last 3 fights were against a Middleweight and two Super Heavyweights.

    3 Fedor is the top talent he is obviously going to want a contract that reflefts that and M1 have obviously been able to meet the requirements.
    M-1 is made up of his management team. It was bogus from the beginning. The negotiations they held with the UFC were nothing more then a charade. Fedor is not bigger then the sport, and he is not bigger then the UFC.

    [QUOTE}4 Don't know about this.[/QUOTE]

    OK, but what is your opinion on it?

    5 I think lots of fighters refuse to fight Fedor, making it difficult for him to find competition, if fighters weren't scared and theyw ree in the same org then it would be no problem. I don;t think fedor is avoiding anyone.
    Ahh, so everybody is afraid to fight Fedor and is ducking him? That is your feeling? The only men brave enough to fight Fedor are a Middleweight and two SUper Heavyweights? What a joke. Barnett has stated many times he'd love to fight Fedor and was waiting for M-1 to call.

    I believe Barnett and COuture have both refused to fight Fedor.
    This is plain out not true. Couture stayedl oyal to a company that had taken care of him and I'm sure he was under the impression that Fedor would soon be in the UFC. Barnett, on the other hand, has stated many times that he wanted to fight Fedor. He didn't want to fight him on NYE because he didn't have time to prepare for that type of fight. You know, he wanted more time to prepare, like Fedor wanted before fighting Cro COp on more then one occasion.

    I don;t think Hong man Choi is a freak show
    You're wrong.

    he is a former wrestler
    No, he isn't. He competed in Ssirum which is a complete joke and has no application to MMA.

    Ssirum

    and has done well in K1
    He's done ok, nothing more, nothing less. And it's mostly because of his size. His win over Semmy Schilt was a joke of a decision that he only received because the fight was in Korea, and he was made to look like a complete amateur by Jerome Le Banner.

    he also did very well against fedor
    No, he didn't. He fell on Fedor who stupidly tried a body lock, and was then emarassed and submitted. He did nothing.

    which sais more than the UFC heavy weight champ.
    No idea what you're trying to say here.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  7. #16

    Default Re: The greatest challenge Fedor has faced yet...

    One of those "superheavyweights" that you mention is actually pretty good.

  8. #17
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: The greatest challenge Fedor has faced yet...

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    One of those "superheavyweights" that you mention is actually pretty good.
    5-3 Mark Hunt? He's no great shakes at MMA. His best win is a Controversial Split Decision over a sick Mirko Cro Cop, and that's why he's thought of so highly. And a decision win over 205 lber Wanderlei Silva who took the fight on 3 days notice and is primarily a striker.

    He struggled with Dan Bobish, and took 2 rounds to finish a washed up TK and three rounds to finish a 185 lb. Nishijima (who's a striker by nature).

    He's been submitted in the 1st round in all 3 of his losses.

    QUite frankly, I don't think much of Mark Hunt as an MMA fighter (in comparison to the rest of the field...obviously, he'd kick my ass).
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  9. #18

    Default Re: The greatest challenge Fedor has faced yet...

    Whatever I guess.

    I myself consider Mark Hunt a step above in terms of quality of opponent than a fat Matt Lindland, and Hong Man. Is he the prototype yet? No, but he's a world class striker with a rock for a head.

    I guess the question about Fedor really boils down to two things.

    Do you think he's the best heavyweight in the world?

    Personally, I do.

    Do you think he deserves the World #1 ranking?

    This is debatable, and its something that I can see the other side of the argument to, to a point.

    Even if you were to drop Fedor from the #1 slot, I think you're going to be really hard pressed to find a guy based on credentials to put there though.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •