Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 47

Thread: - penn vs florian set for ufc 101 in philadelphia

  1. #19
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: - penn vs florian set for ufc 101 in philadelphia

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Wow, Claudale I am impressed. I doubt you know who any of those fighters are but I appreciate you taking the time to find out what no names are fighting on the cards.

    Looking over the list of upcoming fights I would expect guys like Maia, Marquardt, Jardine, Maynard, Carwin, and Dos Santos to be on either this card or the card later that month.
    Everyone knows these guys, 3 of them are TUF guys and 1 (Riddle) was training in Blue Mountain PA (where we ski around here).

    I believed in Tavares very much before he lost to Griffin, Adolf and I both bet on him in that fight as I recall.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  2. #20
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: - penn vs florian set for ufc 101 in philadelphia

    Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    No Randy weakens that card, So I may pass, the only thing that may get me there is if it turns into a twt superpower summit.

    and why the fu*k is melvin guillard still in the UFC? its cause he's black, isnt it?
    For the same reason that Junie is heading tonights event. Dana loves trash talking, fighters have even said after fights have taken place that they were encouraged to talk crap to hype up the fight. Junie and Guillard are born naturals at it.

    Remember all the Dana supporters here who thought Dana was perfectly in the right to boot Jesse out of TUF finals? (and to send Lindland packing). I think the successful careers these 2 have after mediocre TUF appearances is very telling on fairness.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  3. #21

    Default Re: - penn vs florian set for ufc 101 in philadelphia

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    For the same reason that Junie is heading tonights event. Dana loves trash talking, fighters have even said after fights have taken place that they were encouraged to talk crap to hype up the fight. Junie and Guillard are born naturals at it.

    Remember all the Dana supporters here who thought Dana was perfectly in the right to boot Jesse out of TUF finals? (and to send Lindland packing). I think the successful careers these 2 have after mediocre TUF appearances is very telling on fairness.
    I saw in the other thread that you realized your mistake about browning headlining the event. I would still rather not see him on the main card though. I would much rather see the almeida/horwich fight or tibaua/stephens.

  4. #22
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: - penn vs florian set for ufc 101 in philadelphia

    Those fights are more worthy, Horwich was one of the more exciting IFL guys.

    At MMAplaygound, they list that fight first and they usually list the main event first, so that's why I assumed it was the main event (also have been a lot of stories on that fight).

    I also don't think it will be that exciting, the millers are too tall and good at bjj to really get pounded on their back.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  5. #23

    Default Re: - penn vs florian set for ufc 101 in philadelphia

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Those fights are more worthy, Horwich was one of the more exciting IFL guys.

    At MMAplaygound, they list that fight first and they usually list the main event first, so that's why I assumed it was the main event (also have been a lot of stories on that fight).

    I also don't think it will be that exciting, the millers are too tall and good at bjj to really get pounded on their back.
    Cole Miller is not part of the Miller brothers. There are the two miller brothers who are from new jersey and who fought in the ifl and their is cole miller who trains down at att and was on tuf. I agree though that he will be too much for Junie.

  6. #24

    Default Re: - penn vs florian set for ufc 101 in philadelphia

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    For the same reason that Junie is heading tonights event. Dana loves trash talking, fighters have even said after fights have taken place that they were encouraged to talk crap to hype up the fight. Junie and Guillard are born naturals at it.

    Remember all the Dana supporters here who thought Dana was perfectly in the right to boot Jesse out of TUF finals? (and to send Lindland packing). I think the successful careers these 2 have after mediocre TUF appearances is very telling on fairness.
    Personally , I think Guillard should have been booted after he got schooled by Clementi, all that sh*t talking and he gets choked out in the 1st, then the yayo bust. but I see what you are saying about fairness.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

    www.euromitsu.com

  7. #25
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: - penn vs florian set for ufc 101 in philadelphia

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Cole Miller is not part of the Miller brothers. There are the two miller brothers who are from new jersey and who fought in the ifl and their is cole miller who trains down at att and was on tuf. I agree though that he will be too much for Junie.
    LOL - talking about Micah Miller, formerly of the WEC and who recently fought in Japan (putting everyone to sleep). I wasn't referring to Jim and Dan Miller. There are Miller brothers who aren't from NJ you know - and I wouldn't describe those brothers as lanky bjj guys like these bros.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  8. #26

    Default Re: - penn vs florian set for ufc 101 in philadelphia

    What's the date for this? A buddy of mine really wants to go but needs the date to clear it with his wife (hmmm ... it's actually kinda nice not to have to do that anymore).


    Shea Stadium
    1964 - 2008

    http://www.theopenmat.com/

  9. #27
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: - penn vs florian set for ufc 101 in philadelphia

    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan View Post
    What's the date for this? A buddy of mine really wants to go but needs the date to clear it with his wife (hmmm ... it's actually kinda nice not to have to do that anymore).
    8/8 - what does the part in quotes mean? Did you get divorced or something?
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •