Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 81

Thread: Dan Henderson vs Rich Franklin

  1. #10

    Default Re: Dan Henderson vs Rich Franklin

    I've got Dan Hollywood Henderson winning this fight. On the feat, he has big knock out power and Franklin is susceptible to getting clipped now and then. On the ground, Dan's been in there with a who's who of ground specialists and has plenty of experience there. I can't see Rich catching him. The fight being only 3 rounds works in the aging stars favor as well.
    Lets go Brent!

  2. #11
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Dan Henderson vs Rich Franklin

    Here are comments from Franklin about what awaits if he wins this fight.

    "I was really excited to do the first season," Franklin said. I'd never done anything like that before, and it was a cool experience having never done it, but going back and doing it again? No, I'm not excited about it." The US coach will have to travel to the Wolfslair Academy in England for the elimination process and then spend the rest of the season at "The Ultimate Fighter" gym in Las Vegas. "It's six weeks in Vegas," Franklin explained. "I've been there for six weeks before and I'm constantly in Vegas and I've gotten to the point I can care less for staying in Vegas for that extended period of time. It's time away from my family and it's time away from the things that I either like doing or the things that I can do to make money, and the show doesn't pay real well so it's all around not as appealing."

    Update - Adolf told me that Dana hands the coaches a large suitcase full of $100 bills that is not reported to the IRS, so Franklin is just downplaying their generosity to throw off IRS agents.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  3. #12

    Default Re: Dan Henderson vs Rich Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Here are comments from Franklin about what awaits if he wins this fight.

    "I was really excited to do the first season," Franklin said. I'd never done anything like that before, and it was a cool experience having never done it, but going back and doing it again? No, I'm not excited about it." The US coach will have to travel to the Wolfslair Academy in England for the elimination process and then spend the rest of the season at "The Ultimate Fighter" gym in Las Vegas. "It's six weeks in Vegas," Franklin explained. "I've been there for six weeks before and I'm constantly in Vegas and I've gotten to the point I can care less for staying in Vegas for that extended period of time. It's time away from my family and it's time away from the things that I either like doing or the things that I can do to make money, and the show doesn't pay real well so it's all around not as appealing."

    Update - Adolf told me that Dana hands the coaches a large suitcase full of $100 bills that is not reported to the IRS, so Franklin is just downplaying their generosity to throw off IRS agents.
    then what the heck is Franklin fighting for? what an ungrateful whiny bitch, maybe he should go back to teaching math, I hear that pays well and he can get the summer off too. Now I hope Hendo really puts the beating on him.

    DW only hands out those suitcases to the real men, So I expect Hendo to get his on the first day of filming.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

    www.euromitsu.com

  4. #13

    Default Re: Dan Henderson vs Rich Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    then what the heck is Franklin fighting for? what an ungrateful whiny bitch, maybe he should go back to teaching math, I hear that pays well and he can get the summer off too. Now I hope Hendo really puts the beating on him.

    DW only hands out those suitcases to the real men, So I expect Hendo to get his on the first day of filming.
    He fights because he loves to fight not to be a baby sitter to a bunch of drunk rejects like Junie Browning. If I had to be away from my family wasting my time with those type of lowlifes I would expect to be compensated nicely as well.

  5. #14

    Default Re: Dan Henderson vs Rich Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    He fights because he loves to fight not to be a baby sitter to a bunch of drunk rejects like Junie Browning. If I had to be away from my family wasting my time with those type of lowlifes I would expect to be compensated nicely as well.
    I could understand the babysitter part but knowing the possible outcome, he could have simply rejected the fight and let someone else who wont cry around do it, Im sure there are a bunch of fighters who would be willing to trade places with him.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

    www.euromitsu.com

  6. #15

    Default Re: Dan Henderson vs Rich Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    I could understand the babysitter part but knowing the possible outcome, he could have simply rejected the fight and let someone else who wont cry around do it, Im sure there are a bunch of fighters who would be willing to trade places with him.
    I think he has passed Bisping so its not some great honor to fight him. The problem is that the UFC told him to move up to 205 since he does not have a place at mw. So he has made an effort to get bigger for 205 and now if he beats Henderson he has to go back to 185 to beat Bisping. What happens if he beats Bisping? Does he go back up to 205? Does he play the gatekeeper role at 185? If I beat Hamill and Henderson at 205 I would be expecting to push for a contender fight not going down and fighting Bisping which does not do much for his career.

  7. #16

    Default Re: Dan Henderson vs Rich Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    I think he has passed Bisping so its not some great honor to fight him. The problem is that the UFC told him to move up to 205 since he does not have a place at mw. So he has made an effort to get bigger for 205 and now if he beats Henderson he has to go back to 185 to beat Bisping. What happens if he beats Bisping? Does he go back up to 205? Does he play the gatekeeper role at 185? If I beat Hamill and Henderson at 205 I would be expecting to push for a contender fight not going down and fighting Bisping which does not do much for his career.
    I see your point, Bisping isnt the top draw, but what Im looking at is that this guy had a choice to do what hes doing knowing whats in store with a win, yet hes crying like a little girl with a skinned knee because he doesnt like vegas, he cant play with his g.i. joes, the pay isnt good etc. grow a pair and be glad hes still fighting and making something.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

    www.euromitsu.com

  8. #17

    Default Re: Dan Henderson vs Rich Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    I see your point, Bisping isnt the top draw, but what Im looking at is that this guy had a choice to do what hes doing knowing whats in store with a win, yet hes crying like a little girl with a skinned knee because he doesnt like vegas, he cant play with his g.i. joes, the pay isnt good etc. grow a pair and be glad hes still fighting and making something.
    When he signed the bout agreement with Henderson he did not know that he was going to have to coach TUF.

  9. #18

    Default Re: Dan Henderson vs Rich Franklin

    I have to chime in. This argument of not wanting to go and the pay isn't good is complete BS. Every single fighter that has coached on the Ultimate Fighter sees their stock rise because of the tremendous exposure they receive. Every last one. Someone please tell me that Franklin isn't ignorant to that fact. Being on TV weekly, with millions and millions of people getting to know who you are is huge just in itself, not to mention the many perks they get, eg:cars, cash bonuses, (whatever salary they do pull), etc. I remember the days of Franklin fighting for $18k + $18k to win, then he coaches on TUF and he starts making 7 figures, (including pay per view cuts and bonuses). How quickly some of these guys forget who's taking care of them. Moot point anyways, Hendo will wreck him.
    Lets go Brent!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •