Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 46 to 54 of 69

Thread: Matyushenko vs Little Nog

  1. #46
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Matyushenko vs Little Nog

    Quote Originally Posted by legamus View Post
    could just be mma wrestling is different than pure wrestling and tito had a better handle on that. gsp has NO wrestling credentials and is considered one of the best, if not THE best, mma wrestlers.
    I agree with that comment, but GSP has been training with the Canadian national team, including Olympic Gold Medalist Igali.

    He also said he had a shot of making the Canadian team for the olympics if he tried out (I hope he wouldn't say that unless it were true). So in his case, I think he really has elevated himself to a new level. Not like he is stuffing takedowns and getting takedowns by doing things that are illegal in wrestling either.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  2. #47

    Default Re: Matyushenko vs Little Nog

    i'm a guy who loves canadian wrestling and has been watching it since i've got involved in the later 90's...gsp would be going for the 74 spot i assume and he'd have no chance of making it. gentry would kill him, and the second place guy was marghetis out of montreal where gsp trains and i'd be shocked if gsp could beat him in a wrestling match. i heard that same rumour that you did but i don't put any credence to it whatsoever. i give him credit more being probably the best wrestler in mma right now, but pure wrestling is a whole different game. just one the ground... he probably trains ground wrestling not at all since it's irrelevant to mma... even a mediocre wrestler would gut wrench him or x-ankle him all over with just one take down. i don't buy that at all.

  3. #48
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Matyushenko vs Little Nog

    Quote Originally Posted by legamus View Post
    i'm a guy who loves canadian wrestling and has been watching it since i've got involved in the later 90's...gsp would be going for the 74 spot i assume and he'd have no chance of making it. gentry would kill him, and the second place guy was marghetis out of montreal where gsp trains and i'd be shocked if gsp could beat him in a wrestling match. i heard that same rumour that you did but i don't put any credence to it whatsoever. i give him credit more being probably the best wrestler in mma right now, but pure wrestling is a whole different game. just one the ground... he probably trains ground wrestling not at all since it's irrelevant to mma... even a mediocre wrestler would gut wrench him or x-ankle him all over with just one take down. i don't buy that at all.
    Actually, he talked about that - not just a rumor. In an interview he said something like "I'm not saying I would make the team for sure, but I would have a chance of making the team."

    He takes people down even when they get the deepest shot on him, doesn't even need to sprawl and no one can defend his shots.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  4. #49

    Default Re: Matyushenko vs Little Nog

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    That's a good point, but Tito is better than his HS accomplishments. Randy trained hard to defend Tito's takedown and it appeared early in the match that Tito was going to get it. Also Tito was on the top of his game and since the fight was at 205, Vlad had a hard time making weight (and I believe weigh ins were the day of the fight back then).

    Little Nog doesn't have the same takedowns that Tito had.

    Am I getting odds? If so, the bets on, just need to agree on the amount.

    Janitor vs Lil Nog r1:

    circling to start off the round, lil nog in southpaw, lands a good lead kick to the outside of janitor left leg.

    1 minute in, only a few kicks landed, lots of circling. Nogeiura is really controlling the center of the ring, looping left lead by Vladdy, lil Nog hits him back. lil Nog lands some more kicks, misses a right hook off a clinch. 2:30 in, more circling, no takedowns yet. Lil Nog gets backed to the ropes, now in the center again, lots of boos. Nog with a few pawing jabs, he's keeping a lot of weight on his back foot, and now hands 2 kicks. Nog lands a short left straight and more circling. 10 strikes landed with 1 minute left for both fighters. Vladdy is covering up and backing away, Nog with another leg kick and left straight that gets through. 10s left, Nog with a long knee to a ducking Vladdy. That knee looks very pretty in the replay.

    Round 2

    vladdy lands a good punch and stuns nog, nog covers up in the corner and vladdy is being aggrssive, lil nog still with low fucking hands. Nog avoids the clinch, and swings like mad and misses. No takedowns yet as commentators say. Both guys are marked up a bit, and at 2 min left crowd boos. Vladdy lands a nice overhand right, and Nog paws with his hands at his cock. Little Nog with the knock out! Wow!
    Lets go Brent!

  5. #50

    Default Re: Matyushenko vs Little Nog

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Oh yeah?

    Now I'm 100% sure I will bet on Vlad (who has never been submitted).
    I hope you listened to me Claudale.
    Lets go Brent!

  6. #51

    Default Re: Matyushenko vs Little Nog

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    Claudale, I'll bet you my GI which was given to me by an Olympic champion. It's framed and authenticated. care to match that bet? How about the 3rd place league medal you won as a senior over there in chinoga forks?

    Claudale, I want that 3rd place medal you won in the league as a senior. I'm getting tired of giving you and PJ the picks and then getting nothing back for them. SEND ME THE MEDAL!!!!!!!
    Lets go Brent!

  7. #52

    Default Re: Matyushenko vs Little Nog

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    Claudale, I want that 3rd place medal you won in the league as a senior. I'm getting tired of giving you and PJ the picks and then getting nothing back for them. SEND ME THE MEDAL!!!!!!!
    Good call adolf. Almost as impressive as the time you told me to bet on both Mir and Nog.

  8. #53

    Default Re: Matyushenko vs Little Nog

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Good call adolf. Almost as impressive as the time you told me to bet on both Mir and Nog.
    It was the least I could do. You bet your grocery money on Nog, at least I got you out of a jam by telling you to bet your beer money on Mir. You still came out slightly ahead with the odds.

    But that aside, when are you going to start listening to me PJ? I gave you the Hendo pick, and you still went with Franklin. I gave you the Kongo pick and you were terrified that he'd be taken down and beaten, so you didn't bet. I gave you the CB Dolloway pick over that broken leg guy from New Jersey, but you bet with your heart. You think I'm going to keep giving you free pics if you don't listen?

    Claudale I want that medal!!!
    Lets go Brent!

  9. #54

    Default Re: Matyushenko vs Little Nog

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    I agree with that comment, but GSP has been training with the Canadian national team, including Olympic Gold Medalist Igali.

    He also said he had a shot of making the Canadian team for the olympics if he tried out (I hope he wouldn't say that unless it were true). So in his case, I think he really has elevated himself to a new level. Not like he is stuffing takedowns and getting takedowns by doing things that are illegal in wrestling either.
    I agree.

    Canadian Freestyle Wrestling national Team. Freestyle is different to Follkstyle! 99% of american wrestlers in MMA have folkstyle wrestling background. American wrestlers are not the best in the world (see olympic ranking).

    Mark Shultz won UFC 9 and Kevin Jackson won UFC 14 Middleweight Tournament.
    Matyushenko (IFL Champion, 38 years old), Coleman (3 time UFC champion and Pride GP 200 champion, 44 years old), Randy Couture (championship title in two different divisions, 5 times UFC champion 45 years old), Hendo (the only mixed-martial artist to concurrently hold two titles in two different weight classes in Pride Fc ; UFC 17 middleweight and Pride 2005 welterweight tournament champion 38 years old), Lindland (39 years old). Today these wrestlers are simply TOO OLD for MMA!

    recently :

    Randy Couture (45 years old) vs Brock Lesnar (31 years old)

    Mark Coleman (44 years old) vs Mauricio Rua (27 years old)

    Dan Henderson (38 years old) vs Franklin (34 years old)

    Matyushenko (38 years old) vs Nogueira (32 years old)

    Matt Lindland (39 years old) vs Vitor Belfort (31 years old)



    The age limit in wrestling (senior) is 35 years!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •