Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 32

Thread: TUF 8 Finale Pick Em (December 13)

  1. #19

    Default Re: TUF 8 Finale Pick Em (December 13)

    I don't think you would've done any worse than me. Good lord ... at least I scored in double-digits.


    Shea Stadium
    1964 - 2008

    http://www.theopenmat.com/

  2. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan View Post
    I don't think you would've done any worse than me. Good lord ... at least I scored in double-digits.
    I am looking forward to the next event. There are a lot of evenly matched fights which should create a good contest.

    Posted via Mobile Device

  3. #21
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: TUF 8 Finale Pick Em (December 13)

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    I would have done bad on this one. I did however remember to place a bet on Efrain so that was nice.

    I gave Claudale the inside tip but for the second time in a row he did not listen.
    LOL - you did. I almost listened to you last time, but I didn't think Efrain could beat someone compared to GSP and Silva.

    The show didn't make Efrain look like much of a contender either. They talked about his wrestling and they showed that Junie was falling apart. Showed him mainly as a raw wrestler

    Calling and betting on an underdog that wins is worthy of praise. I'll give you that. I'll consider your next picks for sure. But Massenzio lost to Dollaway at wrestling in JUCO, and Dollaway went on to be a D1 AA who now has good standup and submissions. I think you are tainted by Jersey pride in that pick
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  4. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    LOL - you did. I almost listened to you last time, but I didn't think Efrain could beat someone compared to GSP and Silva.

    The show didn't make Efrain look like much of a contender either. They talked about his wrestling and they showed that Junie was falling apart. Showed him mainly as a raw wrestler

    Calling and betting on an underdog that wins is worthy of praise. I'll give you that. I'll consider your next picks for sure. But Massenzio lost to Dollaway at wrestling in JUCO, and Dollaway went on to be a D1 AA who now has good standup and submissions. I think you are tainted by Jersey pride in that pick
    Ill only bet on massenzio if he is a sizeable underdog. I think they are pretty evenly matched with a slight edge to dollaway.

    I think their wrestling will cancel each other and it will be a striking battle. I'm relying on leglaces posts about massenzio having good boxing with power.

    I also think massenzio will be more likely to try and take it to the ground and I do think he is a better grappler based on the fact that there wrestling is pretty even and massenzio has been doing bjj longer.

    I only bet on the big underdogs that way I can bet a smaller amount and still win decent money. I look for fights where the line is out of wack just because one fighter is more well known. Nover was hyped so it affected the line. Werdum was well known but came in fat and overlooking a unknown but dangerous striker.

    I'm hoping al turk is a good underdog as he is a wrestler and kongo has no wrestling.



    Posted via Mobile Device

  5. #23
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: TUF 8 Finale Pick Em (December 13)

    Your right that the line will favor Dollaway based on name recognition, so if you are looking for exaggerated lines, that will likely be one.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  6. #24

    Default Re: TUF 8 Finale Pick Em (December 13)

    I've got to hand it to PJ. Cobra gave him a crash course on betting and how to pick winners and although he stilll leaves a lot to be desired, PJ has certainly improved tenfold. Now if he can just learn how to pick football games, the boy will do ok..
    Lets go Brent!

  7. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    I've got to hand it to PJ. Cobra gave him a crash course on betting and how to pick winners and although he stilll leaves a lot to be desired, PJ has certainly improved tenfold. Now if he can just learn how to pick football games, the boy will do ok..
    I gave cobra the heads up tip to bet on dos santos and unlike claudale he wisely listened and made himself some money. I felt good about it considering how cobra really needed the money.


    I do not typically gamble on football games but I'm sure I would do well if I did.

    I did make a bet on the eagles/cowboys series with thecobra so ill need the birds to win the finale to even things up.

    I am pretty confident the eagles win a physical game similar to last season when they beat them up. It will be even sweeter if it knocks dallas out of the playoffs.

    Posted via Mobile Device
    Last edited by p-jersey; 12-15-2008 at 05:07 PM.

  8. #26

    Default Re: TUF 8 Finale Pick Em (December 13)

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    I gave cobra the heads up tip to bet on dos santos and unlike claudale he wisely listened and made himself some money. I felt good about considering how cobra really needed the money.


    I do not typically gamble on football games but I'm sure I would do well if I did.

    I did make a bet on the eagles/cowboys series with thecobra so ill need the birds to win the finale to even things up.

    I am pretty confident the eagles win a physical game similar to last season when they beat them up. It will be even sweeter if it knocks dallas out of the playoffs.

    Posted via Mobile Device
    ouch. come on man, no need to bust on Cobra when he aint around to defend himself
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

    www.euromitsu.com

  9. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    ouch. come on man, no need to bust on Cobra when he aint around to defend himself
    Him and adolf typically exchange emails and talk on the phone so I expect adolf to speak on his behalf.

    Posted via Mobile Device

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •