Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 47

Thread: Liddell vs. Couture in June/Germany

  1. #1

  2. #2

    Default Re: Liddell vs. Couture in June/Germany

    I don't see a whole lot of point to this fight. Liddell at heavyweight doesn't seem like it will do much for his career, other than potentially end it for him.
    Lets go Brent!

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Liddell vs. Couture in June/Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    I don't see a whole lot of point to this fight. Liddell at heavyweight doesn't seem like it will do much for his career, other than potentially end it for him.
    If he beats Couture, there's a possibility he will get a title shot against Brock or just a fight against Brock if/when Brock loses to Big Nog. So, essentially, Liddell at HW looks like it will make him a whole lot of money, and he's closer to title contention then he is at LHW.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  4. #4

    Default Re: Liddell vs. Couture in June/Germany

    Agreed one big win at heavyweight and they can justify a title shot since heavyweight is so weak.

    A big win at 205 just means he has to fight another tough guy. He would have to win 2 or 3 times at 205 before getting another title shot.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Liddell vs. Couture in June/Germany

    Havent they fought already?
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

    www.euromitsu.com

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Agreed one big win at heavyweight and they can justify a title shot since heavyweight is so weak.

    A big win at 205 just means he has to fight another tough guy. He would have to win 2 or 3 times at 205 before getting another title shot.
    Title shot? Is that what this is about? I didn't realize Liddell was in the title shot discussion. a win in either weight class pays him the same. I'm not so sure that the iceman will be selling as many pay per views as he used to, now that there are so many cards, new and bigger stars than him, and the economic hardship many americans are feeling. I could be wrong, but I don't see Liddell making any pay per view bonus in the scenario where he takes on nog for the title. Against Brock, he gets taken out inside of 5 minutes. Just a horrible match up for an aging Chuck Liddell. At light heavyweight, he may be able to beat a contender or two and earn some pay days that way. Sad as it is, chuck Liddell's career will be going the way of the dodo.

    Posted via Mobile Device

  7. #7

    Default Re: Liddell vs. Couture in June/Germany

    Defintley doesnt play the same in either weight class.

    205 is stacked and there are other guys ahead of Liddell. If Liddell beats Couture he is an easy choice for the title shot as there are not many other contenders.

    I agree with you that I do not see him having any real success at heavyweight. He would get beaten down by Lesnar pretty easily.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Liddell vs. Couture in June/Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    If he beats Couture, there's a possibility he will get a title shot against Brock or just a fight against Brock if/when Brock loses to Big Nog. So, essentially, Liddell at HW looks like it will make him a whole lot of money, and he's closer to title contention then he is at LHW.

    I see, based on "if", "possibly" and "if" again, Chuck could be making some serious coin at HVY. Doesn't exactly seem like very sound reasons to move up.
    Lets go Brent!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Liddell vs. Couture in June/Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Defintley doesnt play the same in either weight class.

    205 is stacked and there are other guys ahead of Liddell. If Liddell beats Couture he is an easy choice for the title shot as there are not many other contenders.

    I agree with you that I do not see him having any real success at heavyweight. He would get beaten down by Lesnar pretty easily.
    No one is talking about if it plays the same, were talking money, as in pay the same. I agree 205 and HVY don't play the same but I don't see where that is an issue in this discussion. The point that's being made by ZAPP is that if, possibly, and if again and some thing else breaks for Liddell, he could make some better jack than at 205.

    Your last place Eagles took it in the pooper again today so perhaps you are drinking right now. To add insult to injury, your defending NFC East champion Dallas Cowboys are surging and in 2nd place as they make their post season push.
    Lets go Brent!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •