Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 21

Thread: Dana White: If GSP beats BJ, he gets Anderson Silva

  1. #10

    Default Re: Dana White: If GSP beats BJ, he gets Anderson Silva

    I'm not a huge MMA fan, but I'd love to see this fight.

  2. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the518 View Post
    gsp v silva would be an interesting fight. but if 155lb matt sera can put gsp down for a nap, imagine what silva's punch will do. silva is a 205lb fighter that can somehow make 185. penn is a 155lb fighter that can handle himself at 170 as can serra. but gsp, penn, serra cannot handle fighters at 205 but silva can. silva should fight another bout at 205. chuck, rampage or jardine just to see how he handles the big 205ers.
    i'm not that excited to see silva beat up 155lb fighters at this point.

    518 I'm not sure if you've got someone doing your posting for you, but lately you've been making a lot of sense. This fight is not even remotely close. Mark this down:

    If GSP/Silva happens, I am willing to bet all comers 1 year for me, one week for each of them, leave the forum. So in other words, if 3 people bet me and Anderson wins, they'll be gone for 3 weeks total. If somehow Anderson were to lose, I'd be gone for 3 years. Put up or shut up. I'm willing to bet 50 people. Either I'd be gone forever, never to return under any circumstances, or we'd have a forum full of Adolf posts and no one else for 50 weeks. Bwahahahahahhaha

    Any takers? Grab your nut$ GSP fans and put your money where your mouth is

    Posted via Mobile Device

  3. #12

    Default Re: Dana White: If GSP beats BJ, he gets Anderson Silva

    Quote Originally Posted by DingoBrigade View Post
    What about my nuts?

    Better striker? Yes. Better ground game? Nope. You're nuts if you don't understand that. If Lutter can take Silva down and control him, then GSP can do it several times.
    I agree that GSP has a chance here. I believe his takedowns and top control are far better than Lutter's, and his MMA takedowns are at least equal to Henderson's and his top control is far superior to hendo. To me this means that GSP is more than capable of taking down Anderson and holding him there. How much damage he does is debatable, but he absolutely can get him there.

    Another factor you guys are forgetting is that if recent history tells us anything, this would be a 3 round fight (non title, like silva at 205). This greatly increases GSP's chances to win because it is easier to win a 3 round decision and harder to score the KO. Silva is not the kind of fighter who controls action and wins a decision. He gives away rounds without thinking about it because he is so good he can end any fight (henderson). Silva in a three round fight is very interesting.

    As for the size issue, we know from the Jackson camp that GSP takes down Rashad all day long, and Rashad is just as big and a much better wrestler.

    Now, with all that said, Silva would be the favorite. His striking and length give him a great chance at the knockout. I just think it's dumb to say GSP has no chance when all of the guys who have had any level of success vs Silva have had it by out wrestling him and controlling him from top.

  4. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barrettO View Post
    I agree that GSP has a chance here. I believe his takedowns and top control are far better than Lutter's, and his MMA takedowns are at least equal to Henderson's and his top control is far superior to hendo. To me this means that GSP is more than capable of taking down Anderson and holding him there. How much damage he does is debatable, but he absolutely can get him there.

    Another factor you guys are forgetting is that if recent history tells us anything, this would be a 3 round fight (non title, like silva at 205). This greatly increases GSP's chances to win because it is easier to win a 3 round decision and harder to score the KO. Silva is not the kind of fighter who controls action and wins a decision. He gives away rounds without thinking about it because he is so good he can end any fight (henderson). Silva in a three round fight is very interesting.

    As for the size issue, we know from the Jackson camp that GSP takes down Rashad all day long, and Rashad is just as big and a much better wrestler.

    Now, with all that said, Silva would be the favorite. His striking and length give him a great chance at the knockout. I just think it's dumb to say GSP has no chance when all of the guys who have had any level of success vs Silva have had it by out wrestling him and controlling him from top.
    Who GSP takes down in practice, and if Lutter could do it, so can GSP way of thinking is fine and dandy, but when knees, punches, elbows and kicks are coming at GSP, all that other stuff won't matter. MMA isn't a math equation. All this common opponents or weaknesses vs strengths go out the window, unless you factor in other variables and thus far no one has mentioned any of them. If this fight ever happens I will give you my breakdown and analysis and ill tell you how and when it ends. This fight is a no brainer. Don't mean to be harsh, just want everyone informed, that's all

    Posted via Mobile Device

  5. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    518 I'm not sure if you've got someone doing your posting for you, but lately you've been making a lot of sense. This fight is not even remotely close. Mark this down:

    If GSP/Silva happens, I am willing to bet all comers 1 year for me, one week for each of them, leave the forum. So in other words, if 3 people bet me and Anderson wins, they'll be gone for 3 weeks total. If somehow Anderson were to lose, I'd be gone for 3 years. Put up or shut up. I'm willing to bet 50 people. Either I'd be gone forever, never to return under any circumstances, or we'd have a forum full of Adolf posts and no one else for 50 weeks. Bwahahahahahhaha

    Any takers? Grab your nut$ GSP fans and put your money where your mouth is

    Posted via Mobile Device

    I'd hate to be the man that says the old ball coach into retirement but I can't pass up that bet.
    Posted via Mobile Device

  6. #15

    Default Re: Dana White: If GSP beats BJ, he gets Anderson Silva

    Mark it down PJ

    Adolf has The Spider 1 year if he loses

    PJ has GSP 1 week if he loses

    other takers let me know, we'll keep adding it and com3e up with the specifics. The board is going to be silent when yall lose.
    Lets go Brent!

  7. #16

    Default Re: Dana White: If GSP beats BJ, he gets Anderson Silva

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    Mark it down PJ

    Adolf has The Spider 1 year if he loses

    PJ has GSP 1 week if he loses

    other takers let me know, we'll keep adding it and com3e up with the specifics. The board is going to be silent when yall lose.
    Simple questions.

    1) can GSP take him down?
    2) does a 3 round fight make it easier to win a decision?

    If those are both yes, then there is more chance to beat Silva than in any of his previous fights (%10?).

  8. #17

    Default Re: Dana White: If GSP beats BJ, he gets Anderson Silva

    Quote Originally Posted by barrettO View Post
    I agree that GSP has a chance here. I believe his takedowns and top control are far better than Lutter's, and his MMA takedowns are at least equal to Henderson's and his top control is far superior to hendo. To me this means that GSP is more than capable of taking down Anderson and holding him there. How much damage he does is debatable, but he absolutely can get him there.

    Another factor you guys are forgetting is that if recent history tells us anything, this would be a 3 round fight (non title, like silva at 205). This greatly increases GSP's chances to win because it is easier to win a 3 round decision and harder to score the KO. Silva is not the kind of fighter who controls action and wins a decision. He gives away rounds without thinking about it because he is so good he can end any fight (henderson). Silva in a three round fight is very interesting.

    As for the size issue, we know from the Jackson camp that GSP takes down Rashad all day long, and Rashad is just as big and a much better wrestler.

    Now, with all that said, Silva would be the favorite. His striking and length give him a great chance at the knockout. I just think it's dumb to say GSP has no chance when all of the guys who have had any level of success vs Silva have had it by out wrestling him and controlling him from top.
    That is exactly how I see it. Silva will be the bigger, longer guy and will be a solid favorite, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see GSP pull it off. I think he would have a chance in a 5 rounder too b/c his conditioning is excellent. Silva's? Who knows?

    Silva is great and all, but he's got another Takase/Chonan fight in him. It's hard to maintain topflight intensity fight after fight, especially when you haven't been challenged much. That's why I think the Serra loss was so great for GSP. He's a different fighter now, and it shows in his performances.

    Sorry, Adolf. I wouldn't mind not posting for a week, but I can't handle the Old Ballcoach's absence for years.
    I heart Jazzy B. White.
    Indianamat.com

  9. #18
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Dana White: If GSP beats BJ, he gets Anderson Silva

    Quote Originally Posted by barrettO View Post
    Simple questions.

    1) can GSP take him down?
    2) does a 3 round fight make it easier to win a decision?

    If those are both yes, then there is more chance to beat Silva than in any of his previous fights (%10?).
    The fight would be for Silva's MW title presumably, so that's a 5 rounder.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •