Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 32

Thread: Dana on Kimbo Slice:

  1. #19

    Default Re: Dana on Kimbo Slice:

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    please feel welcome to post here more often - we would like to have more mma posters
    Thanks. I've been reading about 6 months, I just don't post much. Same with themat. I have about 100 in four years over there.

  2. #20

    Default Re: Dana on Kimbo Slice:

    I agree with CL you would be a welcomed addition as a regular frequent poster.

    Claudale has only been here since mid june and already has 1200 posts he is what some refer to as the ultimate post whore. So you have some work cut out for you if you want to catch up.

  3. #21

    Default Re: Dana on Kimbo Slice:

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    please feel welcome to post here more often - we would like to have more mma posters
    Especially if you keep attacking Yahoo. That would be so cool.

    Dana White knows how to play press conferences, but I think his point was that Kimbo needs to learn the basics of MMA before coming anywhere near the UFC. Kimbo could learn those basics during a season of TUF. And now that we have deconstructed a joke by Dana to the point where it is no longer funny ...

  4. #22
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Dana on Kimbo Slice:

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    I agree with CL you would be a welcomed addition as a regular frequent poster.

    Claudale has only been here since mid june and already has 1200 posts he is what some refer to as the ultimate post whore. So you have some work cut out for you if you want to catch up.
    PJ - you're not doing so bad yourself. If you still partook in the Dana posts like you did before, we'd be neck in neck. You also can't judge until we've been through a winter.

    As refugees with everyone but Adolf being a gold medalist before arriving, I look at all of us as having join dates of a few years ago. Almost everyone arrives at the mat first, wonders why the forum is so ancient and basic and then moves on for good
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  5. #23

    Default Re: Dana on Kimbo Slice:

    Quote Originally Posted by bluestater View Post
    Especially if you keep attacking Yahoo. That would be so cool.

    Dana White knows how to play press conferences, but I think his point was that Kimbo needs to learn the basics of MMA before coming anywhere near the UFC. Kimbo could learn those basics during a season of TUF. And now that we have deconstructed a joke by Dana to the point where it is no longer funny ...
    ... and Dana's jokes are typically not very funny to begin with.

    Also, present company is excluded, but a number of things coming out of Yahoo related to MMA are a bit biased.


    Shea Stadium
    1964 - 2008

    http://www.theopenmat.com/

  6. #24
    Olympic Champ ISU2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    3,305

    Default Re: Dana on Kimbo Slice:

    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan View Post
    ... and Dana's jokes are typically not very funny to begin with.
    You didn't think the 'butter knife' comment was funny?!?
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

  7. #25

    Default Re: Dana on Kimbo Slice:

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    PJ - you're not doing so bad yourself. If you still partook in the Dana posts like you did before, we'd be neck in neck. You also can't judge until we've been through a winter.

    As refugees with everyone but Adolf being a gold medalist before arriving, I look at all of us as having join dates of a few years ago. Almost everyone arrives at the mat first, wonders why the forum is so ancient and basic and then moves on for good
    Claudale I was at the themat last winter. I take great pride in being a post whore but so far I have been unable to keep up with you and Pimach. In fact I was the fastest poster ever to reach the 1,000 post milestone over there. Cobra was ready to pass the torch and we figured out how long it would take me to reach 20,000 posts.

    I have backed off the Dana defense for a few reasons. One you made some good arguments on different issues which gave me a different view of things, and also even though I still disagree with you on certain issues its pointless to try and rehash the same discussion over and over. Lastly I have still fighting the good fight so Ill leave it to him.

  8. #26

    Default Re: Dana on Kimbo Slice:

    Quote Originally Posted by ISU2008 View Post
    You didn't think the 'butter knife' comment was funny?!?
    I think his funniest comment was unintentionally funny (this may not be verbatim but pretty close I think) ...

    "This isn't Survivor. We don't vote 'em off. Beat 'em off."


    Shea Stadium
    1964 - 2008

    http://www.theopenmat.com/

  9. #27

    Default Re: Dana on Kimbo Slice:

    Claudale, I think you're dead on. It's a utilitarian, self-serving comment by JB. If Ferguson wants to join TUF, I believe he'd be welcomed b/c JB has proven in the past that he's not above ratings-grab type matchups (see Gannon, Tank, Kenny Shamrock, et al), and Kimbo is the ultimate ratings grab. If Kimbo takes a pass, the comment stands as a snide insult.
    I heart Jazzy B. White.
    Indianamat.com

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •