Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 25

Thread: Elite XC may be donezo

  1. #10
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Elite XC may be donezo

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Very unfortunate. The only good thing is that we may get to see some of their top fighters sign with the UFC setting up some good matchups. UFC has to be look at guys like Shields, Diaz, Alvarez, Noons, Lawler, Villasenor, Calvacante, Herman, and maybe even Rogers and Antonio Silva.
    Maybe, but the UFC doesn't have room for everyone.

    New stars always shine from other shows and many of them (like Lawler, Josh Thompson, Herion, Nick Diaz, Radach, Seth, . . . . ) got 2nd chances after losing their way out of the UFC. (I know you aren't celebrating this)

    I liked the Elite events. I also hope the UFC doesn't screw any of these guys (like they did with Hunt and Hansen)
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  2. #11

    Default Re: Elite XC may be donezo

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Maybe, but the UFC doesn't have room for everyone.

    New stars always shine from other shows and many of them (like Lawler, Josh Thompson, Herion, Nick Diaz, Radach, Seth, . . . . ) got 2nd chances after losing their way out of the UFC. (I know you aren't celebrating this)

    I liked the Elite events. I also hope the UFC doesn't screw any of these guys (like they did with Hunt and Hansen)
    Well they cant screw any of these guys because they dont have the rights to their contracts. Hunt and Hansen were both in limbo and were essentially forced to sit on the sidelines unable to sign with other orgs.

    I do not think the UFC will sign all of those guys but I do think they will sign 3-6 of them. Looks like Shields will be heading their and I would also expect Alvarez, Lawler and one or two of the heavyweights.

  3. #12
    National Finalist leglace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Posts
    992

    Default Re: Elite XC may be donezo

    Josh Thomson belongs to Strikeforce. I am pissed that that elite and Strikeforce didn't merge. If they were going to bail out, why didn't they at least give their company to strikeforce for $1 for the sake of their fighters?

  4. #13

    Default Re: Elite XC may be donezo

    Strikeforce is about to put on live shows on NBC so they could really blow up soon. They have built up from the ground floor over the years and have an established name and fan base. Even Dana White complimented Scott Coker and talked about what a good job he has done with the organizaiton. I would expect Strikeforce to sign several of the new elite free agentcs.

  5. #14
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Elite XC may be donezo

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Well they cant screw any of these guys because they dont have the rights to their contracts. Hunt and Hansen were both in limbo and were essentially forced to sit on the sidelines unable to sign with other orgs.

    I do not think the UFC will sign all of those guys but I do think they will sign 3-6 of them. Looks like Shields will be heading their and I would also expect Alvarez, Lawler and one or two of the heavyweights.
    They could buy their fight contracts if they go belly up. and somehow with Hansen, they offered him, a veteran, half of what he had been making. They offered Alvarez less than he had been making the first time they were interested in him

    I guess the Shamrock brother fight is off as is Shamrock - Cung Le 2. Both are interesting without being top guys.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  6. #15

    Default Re: Elite XC may be donezo

    This saddens me but it had to happen. The corruption that was taking place could have killed MMA as we know it. It is a far better thing that they die now and not that they live on, only to bring the entire industry down with them in the future. I'd love to see all of the guys mentioned in the UFC, (Don't think Silva can make 265, can he?) but I'm sure they will spread across other organizations (perhaps Afliction LoL).

    I'm also glad we don't have to be subjected to the shamrock vs shamrock fight, or some of their womens battles that really don't belong on mens MMA cards. All in all, this is a very good thing.
    Lets go Brent!

  7. #16

    Default Re: Elite XC may be donezo

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    I'm also glad we don't have to be subjected to the shamrock vs shamrock fight, or some of their womens battles that really don't belong on mens MMA cards. All in all, this is a very good thing.
    Ouch... I personally enjoyed most of the women's fights a lot more than the men's, and was really looking forward to Gina vs Cris Cyborg


  8. #17

    Default Re: Elite XC may be donezo

    Quote Originally Posted by DH View Post
    Ouch... I personally enjoyed most of the women's fights a lot more than the men's, and was really looking forward to Gina vs Cris Cyborg

    Me too. I certainly wasn't talking about Gina or Cyborg. I hope those two end up fighting on pay per view somewhere. At the very least, I want to see Gina continue to strip at weigh ins.

    Petruzelli really f#%^&d it up for everyone else with his asinine comments. Not sure what he could have been thinking to have revealed the private goings ons that took place between him and EXC management.
    Lets go Brent!

  9. #18

    Default Re: Elite XC may be donezo

    oh shit, i forgot about carano and cyborg. DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

    www.euromitsu.com

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •