MMA: Tito Ortiz Denies Rumors, Says He's Still Fighting Chuck Liddell
Another hour, another revelation in the world of “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy.”
According to SI.com’s Josh Gross, former UFC light heavyweight champ Tito Ortiz confirmed via text message that he’s healthy following a visit to the hospital with a bad case of the flu.
Gross asked Ortiz if he was still fighting his longtime nemesis, Chuck Liddell, at UFC 115 in Vancouver.
“Yes, I am,” Ortiz told SI.com. “Unless Chuck gets hurt.”
A report surfaced yesterday that Ortiz had suffered a neck injury while taping the 11th season of The Ultimate Fighter and wouldn’t be able to compete on June 12th.
The 35—year old also confirmed that his time on the upcoming season of TUF wasn’t cut short and that he was there for the entire season, which is scheduled to premiere following UFC Fight Night 21 on March 31.
It had been rumored Mr. Jameson had left the show prematurely.
(Updated Mar. 18, 2010 4:20 PM PT)
Lance Pugmire from the Los Angeles Times just Tweeted that UFC president Dana White confirmed with him Liddell vs. Ortiz III will in fact go down as expected:
“Some Tito Ortiz health concerns out there. “He is fine. Tito and Chuck will fight at end of [TUF] season,” Dana White just texted…”Don’t forget to follow 5thRound.com on Twitter @5thRound
Re: MMA: Tito Ortiz Denies Rumors, Says He's Still Fighting Chuck Liddell