Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 33

Thread: Thiago Silva Injured, UFC Persuade Him To Fight On

  1. #19
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Thiago Silva Injured, UFC Persuade Him To Fight On

    LOL. Gotta love this board. Direct evidence be damned, it's the unconfirmed, shady reports that we want!
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  2. #20
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Thiago Silva Injured, UFC Persuade Him To Fight On

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    LOL. Gotta love this board. Direct evidence be damned, it's the unconfirmed, shady reports that we want!
    So when Huerta did a 180 apology after complaining about pay and having to do free work for the UFC, we have to take the second set of comments as being the truth and free of Dana-influence, right?

    After the fight if he says his ankle was hurt, than we know at least half of this comment (what we should hang our hat on) is not true.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  3. #21
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Thiago Silva Injured, UFC Persuade Him To Fight On

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    So when Huerta did a 180 apology after complaining about pay and having to do free work for the UFC, we have to take the second set of comments as being the truth and free of Dana-influence, right?

    After the fight if he says his ankle was hurt, than we know at least half of this comment (what we should hang our hat on) is not true.
    Here's a good rule of thumb for you, CL, since you seem to be struggling. DOn't assume things you have no evidence before, unless there is a long track record in that vein. Dana, despite all your protestations, does NOT have a long history of "forcing fighters to fight injured." Under your system right now, noting can happen in Dana's favor. Even the direct testimony from the allegedly aggrieved party isn't enough, we're supposed to assume the exact opposite.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  4. #22
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Thiago Silva Injured, UFC Persuade Him To Fight On

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Here's a good rule of thumb for you, CL, since you seem to be struggling. DOn't assume things you have no evidence before, unless there is a long track record in that vein. Dana, despite all your protestations, does NOT have a long history of "forcing fighters to fight injured." Under your system right now, noting can happen in Dana's favor. Even the direct testimony from the allegedly aggrieved party isn't enough, we're supposed to assume the exact opposite.
    You also assume that fighters are free to say whatever they want about Dana without fearing repercussions. I know you love the guy and think he's as perfect as a person can be, but remember War Machine? Complained about shitty pay - I know you say it was Dana just defending Tanner's memory, but whatever.

    All I said was if he later says his ankle is injured, than we at least know 1 of these 2 statements you take as fact were not a fact. And the two comments are related.

    Dana puts a lot of pressure on fighters to perform. And at the same time he was telling Mitrione he never makes people fight, he was making it clear he was done if he didn't.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  5. #23

    Default Re: Thiago Silva Injured, UFC Persuade Him To Fight On

    JB White doesn't give a f$ck about money, bro. He also firmly believes that Kimbo is a f'in joke. He holds a stout conviction that Fedor sucks, too...bro.
    I heart Jazzy B. White.
    Indianamat.com

  6. #24
    National Finalist leglace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Posts
    992

    Default Re: Thiago Silva Injured, UFC Persuade Him To Fight On

    Now now, we will all know after the fight. There is no way Silva loses and does not make an excuse. He is Brazilian you know... And if he wins, it comes out in context of how much better he could have been. The truth will come out one way or another. However, unless he was threatened, I have no issue with being offered more money. After all, fighters are concerned with injury suspensions and lack of income.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

  7. #25
    National Finalist leglace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Posts
    992

    Default Re: Thiago Silva Injured, UFC Persuade Him To Fight On

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    You also assume that fighters are free to say whatever they want about Dana without fearing repercussions. I know you love the guy and think he's as perfect as a person can be, but remember War Machine? Complained about shitty pay - I know you say it was Dana just defending Tanner's memory, but whatever.

    All I said was if he later says his ankle is injured, than we at least know 1 of these 2 statements you take as fact were not a fact. And the two comments are related.

    Dana puts a lot of pressure on fighters to perform. And at the same time he was telling Mitrione he never makes people fight, he was making it clear he was done if he didn't.
    Add Roger Huerta, and the (2) recent ring girls who didn't keep their yap shut about the Koscheck inury.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

  8. #26
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Thiago Silva Injured, UFC Persuade Him To Fight On

    Quote Originally Posted by leglace View Post
    we will all know after the fight. There is no way Silva loses and does not make an excuse. He is Brazilian you know...
    LOL - that's exactly what I was thinking
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  9. #27

    Default Re: Thiago Silva Injured, UFC Persuade Him To Fight On

    Quote Originally Posted by leglace View Post
    Add Roger Huerta, and the (2) recent ring girls who didn't keep their yap shut about the Koscheck inury.
    What is this about leglace? i haven't heard anything about ring girls or a Kos injury.
    Lets go Brent!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •