Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 21

Thread: Has the Time Come for UFC Fighters To Form a Union?

  1. #10
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Has the Time Come for UFC Fighters To Form a Union?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    I knew you were going to take personal shots at me Claudale. At my company, we hand pick our employees. We have relationships with them. We consider them part of our family. Sure the wages and benefits are slightly lower than industry standards, but with us you have job security. Instead of laying off employees in the lean times, we cut back on coffee and we ask employees to come in early/stay late, but receive pay for 8 hours. This sacrifice on their part allows us to keep everyone on board and when times get better, you can bet they will see it in raises and supplies returned to the break room. We are a family. We don't need a union.
    LOL. And now I know why you like Dana so much.

    I used to go to Norwalk for work and I'd love to see your little operation there in Boyle Heights
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  2. #11

    Default Re: Has the Time Come for UFC Fighters To Form a Union?

    I hate to say it, but I don't have a lot of faith that MMa's elite would consider throwing their lot in with the rank and file. The unions in the other sports are powerful, but they r old and were created during bygone eras when the gap between the elites and the non-elites wasn't so huge. Basically, without the sport's stars on board, there is no chance of success in establishing a union. Self-interest on the part of the stars will c@ck-block any potential union momentum.
    I heart Jazzy B. White.
    Indianamat.com

  3. #12

    Default Re: Has the Time Come for UFC Fighters To Form a Union?

    Quote Originally Posted by DingoBrigade View Post
    I hate to say it, but I don't have a lot of faith that MMa's elite would consider throwing their lot in with the rank and file. The unions in the other sports are powerful, but they r old and were created during bygone eras when the gap between the elites and the non-elites wasn't so huge. Basically, without the sport's stars on board, there is no chance of success in establishing a union. Self-interest on the part of the stars will c@ck-block any potential union momentum.
    This right here^^^.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

    www.euromitsu.com

  4. #13

    Default Re: Has the Time Come for UFC Fighters To Form a Union?

    Boyle Heights? What do you know about East Los, Claudale? That is the barrio where the Mexican gangsters reside. You can find me over there during Mexican Independence day, Dia de los Muertos, and Cinco de Mayo. I Love the Mexican Culture and there are some good deals on various electronic items to be had there as well. But with all of that said, we are located in beautiful Irvine, California. Right in the heart of Orange County. I'll be at the Honda Center for the next UFC. Too bad you wont be in town for that. I will be happy to show you around the plant if you ever visit.
    Lets go Brent!

  5. #14
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Has the Time Come for UFC Fighters To Form a Union?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    Boyle Heights? What do you know about East Los, Claudale? That is the barrio where the Mexican gangsters reside. You can find me over there during Mexican Independence day, Dia de los Muertos, and Cinco de Mayo. I Love the Mexican Culture and there are some good deals on various electronic items to be had there as well. But with all of that said, we are located in beautiful Irvine, California. Right in the heart of Orange County. I'll be at the Honda Center for the next UFC. Too bad you wont be in town for that. I will be happy to show you around the plant if you ever visit.
    So this is your way of telling me you won't be in Vegas to meet us with Pimach, Cobra and me? I'll be in Las Vegas in less than 2 weeks.

    I don't know Boyle Heights, I just saw a special on it. And I figured you could find a cheap plant and cheap labor there.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  6. #15

    Default Re: Has the Time Come for UFC Fighters To Form a Union?

    Claudale we appeal to the international marketplace. We do not set up shop in depressed areas like that. We love its culture and the people, but we need a more consumer friendly environment in order to show case our products and vision for the future. And for future reference, I suggest you stick to documentaries and specials when checking out that area.
    Lets go Brent!

  7. #16

    Default Re: Has the Time Come for UFC Fighters To Form a Union?

    Las Vegas? I didn't realize it fell on the UFC weekend. I can't make it, I have tickets to the show.
    Lets go Brent!

  8. #17

    Default Re: Has the Time Come for UFC Fighters To Form a Union?

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    So this is your way of telling me you won't be in Vegas to meet us with Pimach, Cobra and me? I'll be in Las Vegas in less than 2 weeks.

    I don't know Boyle Heights, I just saw a special on it. And I figured you could find a cheap plant and cheap labor there.
    CL, what are you getting at?


    Also OBC next UFC is at Staples Center in LA.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

    www.euromitsu.com

  9. #18

    Default Re: Has the Time Come for UFC Fighters To Form a Union?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    CL, what are you getting at?


    Also OBC next UFC is at Staples Center in LA.
    LA??? I hate going over there. I told Big Win to get us tickerts but he didn't tell me it was in LA. I thought it was in beautiful Orange County. I may not go now. Every time I go down there, people are begging me for money, trying to wash my windows, etc. That place is a $hit hole. I may meet you guys in Las Vegas after all.

    And I know what Claudale is getting at. He just doesn't want to say it but it's quite obvious and clear.
    Lets go Brent!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •