Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 52

Thread: Herschel Walker Challenges Dana White To A Fight

  1. #19
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Herschel Walker Challenges Dana White To A Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    What's a personal attack? He's not calling Herschel Walker a piece of crap, he's talking about his fighting skills. Are these somehow off-limits? It would seem to me that this is the area Dana SHOULD be criticizing.

    He attacked Gary Shaw personally, and the guys at Showtime (not Strikeforce and Scott Coker)...but that's about it.
    That's about it? Elite XC and Kimbo, the IFL and their decision to provide health insurance to fighters, Affliction and Atencio, Bodog, M-1 Global and Fedor. He's put pretty much everyone down. But he's always right, it's always (somehow) about building up the UFC brand.

    Dana signed Kimbo and singed Gannon. He met with Brock before he had a single fight. Maybe Dana should let Walker fight first (or better yet, learn to bite his tongue like pretty much every other non fighter who talks about MMA as part of their job)
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  2. #20

    Default Re: Herschel Walker Challenges Dana White To A Fight

    Claudale this is just like when Attentionhoe challenged Dana to a fight. What's happening here is that Walker would love to get some extra attention by stepping to a non current fighter that garners a tremendous amount of media attention. I say again, why not challenge Randy Couture, they're similar in age and physically I imagine? No free rides here gentlemen, you can't fight the owner, you have to fight the fihgters, (if that is what you are).
    Lets go Brent!

  3. #21
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Herschel Walker Challenges Dana White To A Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    That's about it? Elite XC and Kimbo, the IFL and their decision to provide health insurance to fighters, Affliction and Atencio, Bodog, M-1 Global and Fedor. He's put pretty much everyone down. But he's always right, it's always (somehow) about building up the UFC brand.

    Dana signed Kimbo and singed Gannon. He met with Brock before he had a single fight. Maybe Dana should let Walker fight first (or better yet, learn to bite his tongue like pretty much every other non fighter who talks about MMA as part of their job)
    Again, with Fedor, he's only ever attacked his fighting skills and spirit. He's never attacked him as a person. Elite XC = Gary Shaw, who he DID personally attack. He never attacked Kimbo the person, he attacked Kimbo the fighter, saying he didn't belong representing MMA. He called Atencio "t-shirt" guy, but again, never attacked him as a person.

    Again, it's his job as a promoter to bring others down and bring the UFC up. Other then Gary Shaw and Son, he's kept all of his attacks on a professional level (not in the way he expresses them, obviously, but he's talked about the fighters as fighters, not as people, and the competitors as competitors. he called Gary Shaw a "piece of sh!t", and THAT is a personal attack, but one I don't mind, because he's right.

    When talking about Herschel Walker, who is 47 and has never fought MMA, those seem to be the most salient points to criticize...how is Dana out of line?
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  4. #22
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Herschel Walker Challenges Dana White To A Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    Claudale this is just like when Attentionhoe challenged Dana to a fight. What's happening here is that Walker would love to get some extra attention by stepping to a non current fighter that garners a tremendous amount of media attention. I say again, why not challenge Randy Couture, they're similar in age and physically I imagine? No free rides here gentlemen, you can't fight the owner, you have to fight the fihgters, (if that is what you are).
    For one thing, the UFC doesn't cross promote. So if he challenged Randy, it would be impossible and it wouldn't make sense. With Dana, its up to him and he said it because Dana disrespected him

    "Who the f**k are they going to find to fight Herschel Walker? A guy in a wheelchair? It's completely disrespectful to the sport."
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  5. #23
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Herschel Walker Challenges Dana White To A Fight

    It should be pointed out that just because you don't agree with Dana's criticisms of people does not mean they are personal attacks.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  6. #24

    Default Re: Herschel Walker Challenges Dana White To A Fight

    Oh my God....JB doesn't make personal attacks???? Calling Loretta Hunt a c*nt and a stupid b!tch? There are NUMEROUS other, blatant attacks by the Jazzy One. This is among the most laughable claims by the JB-faithful....and that's saying a lot.
    I heart Jazzy B. White.
    Indianamat.com

  7. #25
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Herschel Walker Challenges Dana White To A Fight

    Quote Originally Posted by DingoBrigade View Post
    Oh my God....JB doesn't make personal attacks???? Calling Loretta Hunt a c*nt and a stupid b!tch? There are NUMEROUS other, blatant attacks by the Jazzy One. This is among the most laughable claims by the JB-faithful....and that's saying a lot.
    I'm sorry, when did I say he NEVER makes personal attacks? A journalist is a little out of the scope of what we were talking about. I've personally attacked people, I doubt there's a person alive who hasn't. But when he's talking about these fighters, he's almost always talking about them as fighters, not as people. Tito Ortiz is an obvious exception.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  8. #26

    Default Re: Herschel Walker Challenges Dana White To A Fight

    I do recall one where he called one of the fighters a p*ssy and a f@gget.

    I have to disagree with Zapp on this one, those are personal attacks. But that's what I love about Mr. Dana White, he's not afraid of telling it how it is. He says how he feels and he's a man about it.
    Lets go Brent!

  9. #27

    Default Re: Herschel Walker Challenges Dana White To A Fight

    I don't have any problems with any of this. Claudale your opinion please.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzMIH...layer_embedded
    Lets go Brent!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •