Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 17

Thread: Modest words from Dana (2.5 minutes plus)

  1. #1
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Modest words from Dana (2.5 minutes plus)

    Says Fedor is not even close to PFP #1 (insane to call him that), they didn't want Tim because he stinks, if Ray Mercer fought in the UFC he'd be the first death in MMA.

    says Couture went to HW because the weight class stunk (with AA and Sylvia, who Fedor just beat)

    Implies Fedor has a mob layer and the interviewees suggest it's a country issue too.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5BmFTVzHOI
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  2. #2

    Default Re: Modest words from Dana (2.5 minutes plus)

    I have to agree with Dana White on this.

    I do believe Fedor is top 5 P4P, but I disagree with the notion that he's beaten the UFC's best. When Fedor finally got ahold of Sylvia and Arlovski, they were long removed from their title reigns in the UFc and their skills were greatly diminished, (Arlovski's chin & Timmay's overall game). Fedor is a fantastic heavyweight, you get no argument from me on this one, but he hasn't beat anyone of note in a very long time. That's the truth.
    Lets go Brent!

  3. #3
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Modest words from Dana (2.5 minutes plus)

    Adolf, give your arthritic fingers a break and make "I have to agree with Dana White on this" your signature or ask PJ to make it an automatic header on all your posts here.

    He's beating the top ranked HWTs in the world and next challenge is Barnett (who happens to be ranked 2nd).

    the UFC just went to Europe to sign CC again (after he called Dana 600 times) - Fedor beat him near his prime; he's declined since arriving in the UFC. He also beat Nog twice, who has really declined. Include them in any "past their prime" list you put Andrea "Glass Jaw" Arlovski and Sylvia on.

    Does any knowledgable MMA fan think Mir would stand a chance again Fedor?

    Cain was dropped 2x last fight, Fedor would have finished him off if he dropped him. Although Lesnar and Carwin are big strong guys, Fedor is more well rounded than they are and its not fair to say he needs to prove himself against them at this point.

    Of the current top 10 list, Fedor is fighting #2 next, has beaten Arlovski, CC and Nogeira, could beat Rogers, Cain and Mir without training, leaving Randy and Brock as challenges. Not exactly ducking tough guys.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Modest words from Dana (2.5 minutes plus)

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Adolf, give your arthritic fingers a break and make "I have to agree with Dana White on this" your signature or ask PJ to make it an automatic header on all your posts here.

    He's beating the top ranked HWTs in the world and next challenge is Barnett (who happens to be ranked 2nd).

    the UFC just went to Europe to sign CC again (after he called Dana 600 times) - Fedor beat him near his prime; he's declined since arriving in the UFC. He also beat Nog twice, who has really declined. Include them in any "past their prime" list you put Andrea "Glass Jaw" Arlovski and Sylvia on.

    Does any knowledgable MMA fan think Mir would stand a chance again Fedor?

    Cain was dropped 2x last fight, Fedor would have finished him off if he dropped him. Although Lesnar and Carwin are big strong guys, Fedor is more well rounded than they are and its not fair to say he needs to prove himself against them at this point.

    Of the current top 10 list, Fedor is fighting #2 next, has beaten Arlovski, CC and Nogeira, could beat Rogers, Cain and Mir without training, leaving Randy and Brock as challenges. Not exactly ducking tough guys.
    On the current top 10 list, Lesnar and Fedor each own wins over two fighters. CC, much as I love him, isn't on any reputable top 10 lists as of now. Lesnar has beaten Couture and Frank Mir. Fedor has beaten Nogueira and Arlovski (who really shouldn't be ranked after getting knocked out by a Wal-mart greeter, but whatever). Barnett, meanwhile, hasn't beaten an opponent even close to being ranked since he won a split decision over Big Nog. I'm much more intrigued by a LEsnar-Fedor match up then I am by a Lesnar-Barnett match up. THis is a man who struggled to finish Gilbert Yvel from friggin MOUNT, what am I supposed to believe he can do against Fedor?
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  5. #5

    Default Re: Modest words from Dana (2.5 minutes plus)

    It all doesn't matter to me, the rankings and whatnot.. as long as Fedor gets a deal with UFC and knocks Lesnar out I'm cool.

  6. #6
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Modest words from Dana (2.5 minutes plus)

    Zapp - Fedor is WAY better than Mir - Mir's only real chance of winning was a submission. And although Randy is a legend, his style and strengths are identical to Lesnar and Lesnar is much bigger (Randy is good at sub defense, not subbing people). Fedor has to be a big favorite, has so many ways of winning.

    Arlovski was great once. his chin has always been weak but he's had some decent wins before losing to Rogers.

    Lesnar hasn't cleared out the UFC yet while Fedor cleared out Pride and most of the best guys outside the UFC (at a time, they had very few of the top Hwts). Lesnar could lose to Cro Cop and even Carwin, so its premature to make it like they are two giants overdue for a matchup.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Modest words from Dana (2.5 minutes plus)

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Zapp - Fedor is WAY better than Mir - Mir's only real chance of winning was a submission. And although Randy is a legend, his style and strengths are identical to Lesnar and Lesnar is much bigger (Randy is good at sub defense, not subbing people). Fedor has to be a big favorite, has so many ways of winning.

    Arlovski was great once. his chin has always been weak but he's had some decent wins before losing to Rogers.

    Lesnar hasn't cleared out the UFC yet while Fedor cleared out Pride and most of the best guys outside the UFC (at a time, they had very few of the top Hwts). Lesnar could lose to Cro Cop and even Carwin, so its premature to make it like they are two giants overdue for a matchup.
    Arlovski's best win is over Sylvia...Sylvia's best wins are over Arlovski..I have a headache. Arlovski won two fights over solid fighters in Roy Nelson and Ben Rothwell, but not exactly cream of the crop.

    I went back and looked at Fedor's record, and cleaned out Pride? He beat Nogueira and Cro Cop. Definitely his top two contenders there, but he never fought Sergei, Aleks, Werdum, or Barnett. All those guys were ranked at one point in the same organization as him, but he never fought one of them. Aleks was his brother, which is a fair reason, but what about the others? It's crazy.

    I looked at his record and I had to go back to 2003 to find the last time he had fought top ten competition in back to back fights before he fought Arlovski and Sylvia back to back. It's a little easier to avoid getting upset if you're not fighting top opponents consistently. That's why people want to see him in the UFC.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  8. #8

    Default Re: Modest words from Dana (2.5 minutes plus)

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Adolf, give your arthritic fingers a break and make "I have to agree with Dana White on this" your signature or ask PJ to make it an automatic header on all your posts here.

    He's beating the top ranked HWTs in the world and next challenge is Barnett (who happens to be ranked 2nd).

    the UFC just went to Europe to sign CC again (after he called Dana 600 times) - Fedor beat him near his prime; he's declined since arriving in the UFC. He also beat Nog twice, who has really declined. Include them in any "past their prime" list you put Andrea "Glass Jaw" Arlovski and Sylvia on.

    Does any knowledgable MMA fan think Mir would stand a chance again Fedor?

    Cain was dropped 2x last fight, Fedor would have finished him off if he dropped him. Although Lesnar and Carwin are big strong guys, Fedor is more well rounded than they are and its not fair to say he needs to prove himself against them at this point.

    Of the current top 10 list, Fedor is fighting #2 next, has beaten Arlovski, CC and Nogeira, could beat Rogers, Cain and Mir without training, leaving Randy and Brock as challenges. Not exactly ducking tough guys.
    Claudale we've been doing this for a long time now and my credibility is top notch on here. I tell it how it is and I don't appreciate you suggesting otherwise. It is what it is CL. I don't always agree with Dana White, but when he's right, he's right.
    Lets go Brent!

  9. #9
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Modest words from Dana (2.5 minutes plus)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Arlovski's best win is over Sylvia...Sylvia's best wins are over Arlovski..I have a headache. Arlovski won two fights over solid fighters in Roy Nelson and Ben Rothwell, but not exactly cream of the crop.

    I went back and looked at Fedor's record, and cleaned out Pride? He beat Nogueira and Cro Cop. Definitely his top two contenders there, but he never fought Sergei, Aleks, Werdum, or Barnett. All those guys were ranked at one point in the same organization as him, but he never fought one of them. Aleks was his brother, which is a fair reason, but what about the others? It's crazy.

    I looked at his record and I had to go back to 2003 to find the last time he had fought top ten competition in back to back fights before he fought Arlovski and Sylvia back to back. It's a little easier to avoid getting upset if you're not fighting top opponents consistently. That's why people want to see him in the UFC.
    Obviously about Alek. He is going to fight Barnett; is there any question he'd be Sergei or even Werdum? I'm pretty confident he'd win both of them (Nog beat both)
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •