UFC 160: Dennis Bermudez vs. Max Holloway Added to May Fight Card
Dennis Bermudez and Max Holloway have been added to UFC 160 in a battle between bright featherweight prospects (via MMAJunkie.com).
The 26-year-old Bermudez and 21-year-old Holloway are both riding three-fight winning streaks and will look to take a big step toward becoming 145-pound contenders when they meet in Las Vegas on the preliminary card of a stacked pay-per-view event.
Since losing to Diego Brandao in the finals of The Ultimate Fighter, Bermudez has beaten Pablo Garza, Tommy Hayden and Matt Grice. Bermudez picked up Submission of the Night honors for his guillotine choke against Hayden and recently earned a Fight of the Night bonus for his back-and-forth battle with Grice at UFC 157.
Holloway also has gone on a run since losing to Dustin Poirier in a rough welcoming to the Octagon. However, the young Hawaiian took more of a step backward than forward despite winning in his most recent appearance.
After putting Justin Lawrence away with a body punch, Holloway found himself in a tight scrap with Leonard Garcia. Squeaking by with a split decision victory over an opponent who has now lost four-straight fights did not do much to move Holloway up in the 145-pound division.
That said, a bout with the surging Bermudez will give Holloway a chance to regain momentum rather quickly.
Here's a look at the entire UFC 160 fight card as it stands:
Main Card (pay-per-view at 10 p.m. ET)
- Cain Velasquez vs. Antonio Silva
- Junior dos Santos vs. Mark Hunt
- Glover Teixeira vs. James Te-Huna
- Gray Maynard vs. T.J. Grant
Preliminary Card (FX at 8 p.m. ET)
- Mike Pyle vs. Gunnar Nelson
- Donald Cerrone vs. K.J. Noons
- Colton Smith vs. Robert Whittaker
- Amir Sadollah vs. Stephen Thompson
Preliminary Card (Facebook at 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Brian Bowles vs. George Roop
- Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Abel Trujillo
- Jeremy Stephens vs. Estevan Payan
- Dennis Bermudez vs. Max Holloway