Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 15

Thread: Chris Phillips College Comments

  1. #1
    Administrator Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    5,188

    Default Chris Phillips College Comments

    Potentially bad news for the Buckeyes. In his interview on Flo, he says he's more interested in the academics than the coaching when making his college decision. Not that Ohio State is a bad school at all, but there are definitely better schools out that have much better academic reputations and good wrestling programs. This makes it interesting...

    <embed src="http://www.flowrestling.org/assets/portal/add_ons/mediaplayer-4.2/player.swf" width="480" height="360" bgcolor="#" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="&image=http://s3.amazonaws.com/flocasts-user-videos-images/36952_MOV02A_1240362615222_l.jpg&logo=http://www.flowrestling.org/assets/portal/simple30/images/video_overlays/flowrestling-320.png&file=http://s3.amazonaws.com/flocasts-user-videos/36952_MOV02A_1240362615222.flv&frontcolor=000000&l ightcolor=cc9900&controlbar=over&stretching=fill" />


  2. #2

    Default Re: Chris Phillips College Comments

    I smell big red.

  3. #3
    Administrator Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    5,188

    Default Re: Chris Phillips College Comments

    That's what I was thinking. Who knows if he will be able to get in there, though. I don't know if they lower their standards for athletes or not. Note: I'm not saying Phillips is stupid. He could be the smartest guy in Ohio for all I know--I just don't know.


  4. #4

    Default Re: Chris Phillips College Comments

    That is one thing I have asked before. Do these ivy league schools accept only ivy league brains, or just really smart kids who can get by? I used to think the former, now i believe the latter.

  5. #5
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,968

    Default Re: Chris Phillips College Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Who knows if he will be able to get in there, though. I don't know if they lower their standards for athletes or not. Note: I'm not saying Phillips is stupid. He could be the smartest guy in Ohio for all I know--I just don't know.
    If you are a nationnal caliber athlete it is a lot easier to get into an Ivy league school. You still have to be a decent student, but the standard is a lot lower for top athletes.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Chris Phillips College Comments

    Walter Peppelman is at Harvard. He is a brilliant student, a very nice young man, who kicks ass in the circle. Chris Phillips sounds like he has his priorities in order. Go to a very good college rather than Ohio State.....Like Penn State for instance. I hear they hired a damn good wrestler as their head coach.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Chris Phillips College Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Badcat View Post
    Walter Peppelman is at Harvard. He is a brilliant student, a very nice young man, who kicks ass in the circle. Chris Phillips sounds like he has his priorities in order. Go to a very good college rather than Ohio State.....Like Penn State for instance. I hear they hired a damn good wrestler as their head coach.
    What exactly does PSU have on tOSU academically? Medical school at tOSU is pretty nice and at PSU your only medicine school involves methamphetamine

  8. #8

    Default Re: Chris Phillips College Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by RD149-2 View Post
    What exactly does PSU have on tOSU academically? Medical school at tOSU is pretty nice and at PSU your only medicine school involves methamphetamine
    Actually, I meant it as a joke. But, since you provided me an avenue to school your ass...Check out the Penn State Medical Center in Hershey. It's a teaching Hospital and tops in the country in many areas. Dr. Lynch, the Penn State NCAA champ, is a physician there. So is Wisconsin All American Dr. Goodspeed.

    So there!!! STICK THAT IN YOUR BUCKEYE!!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Chris Phillips College Comments

    Phillips wouldnt want to go to PSU anyways, #2 Ruth is already there...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •