Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 13

Thread: Are there no more moves for me to learn?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Are there no more moves for me to learn?

    Ok. I've been wrestling since I was in 6th grade (that was the earliest that one was allowed to wrestle where I live) and now I am in 10th grade. I know everything I've been taught and I've already viewed the granby school of wrestling along with the other vids on here. Some of them I already knew from my coach and some of them I seemed to have known out of instinct (granby roll). So now I have been looking for more moves to learn but I can't find any. All I found is a book called Winning Wrestling Moves, but I can't get it cause it cost money. It seems that somebody on here may know some of the moves that are in that book. Can somebody please tell me where I can get more moves like the ones out of that book or just anywhere online?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Are there no more moves for me to learn?

    Quote Originally Posted by its_yaboi_mboe View Post
    Ok. I've been wrestling since I was in 6th grade (that was the earliest that one was allowed to wrestle where I live) and now I am in 10th grade. I know everything I've been taught and I've already viewed the granby school of wrestling along with the other vids on here. Some of them I already knew from my coach and some of them I seemed to have known out of instinct (granby roll). So now I have been looking for more moves to learn but I can't find any. All I found is a book called Winning Wrestling Moves, but I can't get it cause it cost money. It seems that somebody on here may know some of the moves that are in that book. Can somebody please tell me where I can get more moves like the ones out of that book or just anywhere online?

    Wrestling is not about knowing a lot of moves, its about perfecting the ones you know and are good at

  3. #3

    Default Re: Are there no more moves for me to learn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    Wrestling is not about knowing a lot of moves, its about perfecting the ones you know and are good at
    Yeah, I remember my assistant coach telling me to stick to what I know. (Hell, there was this guy who won the 2008 capital district and central region titles with just the basic moves) But I also remember reading somewhere that winning wrestlers know a lot of moves. I guess I'm just getting tired of the moves I already know. It wouldn't hurt to learn more moves to perfect. Besides I'd love to give schools like lee davis, atlee, and hanover a taste of their own medicine. Oh, and let me not forget thomas dale.

  4. #4
    Administrator Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    5,188

    Default Re: Are there no more moves for me to learn?

    Quote Originally Posted by its_yaboi_mboe View Post
    Yeah, I remember my assistant coach telling me to stick to what I know. (Hell, there was this guy who won the 2008 capital district and central region titles with just the basic moves) But I also remember reading somewhere that winning wrestlers know a lot of moves. I guess I'm just getting tired of the moves I already know. It wouldn't hurt to learn more moves to perfect. Besides I'd love to give schools like lee davis, atlee, and hanover a taste of their own medicine. Oh, and let me not forget thomas dale.
    Great wrestlers master the fundamentals and never give up.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Are there no more moves for me to learn?

    Jack Cuvo won national championships with not much more than a single leg takedown.

    But, it was one heck of a single leg takedown.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Are there no more moves for me to learn?

    I guess when I mean "learn" I mean learn the defense to them. Usually when someone is trying to execute a move on me that I don't know, I just try to defend it without thinking. If I actually knew the right way to defend it then I wouldn't have to worry about it much.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Are there no more moves for me to learn?

    I have that book you're talking about. If you go to the google book search you can read a good chunk of it along with chunks of other wrestling books. It has a lot of good techniques, but you probably already know most of it. It shows all the basic takedowns, but has like a million finishes to them.

    Maybe you can get it from your library?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Are there no more moves for me to learn?

    Quote Originally Posted by its_yaboi_mboe View Post
    Ok. I've been wrestling since I was in 6th grade (that was the earliest that one was allowed to wrestle where I live) and now I am in 10th grade. I know everything I've been taught and I've already viewed the granby school of wrestling along with the other vids on here. Some of them I already knew from my coach and some of them I seemed to have known out of instinct (granby roll). So now I have been looking for more moves to learn but I can't find any. All I found is a book called Winning Wrestling Moves, but I can't get it cause it cost money. It seems that somebody on here may know some of the moves that are in that book. Can somebody please tell me where I can get more moves like the ones out of that book or just anywhere online?
    Schlottke has put together a place where you might be able to learn a few things.

    http://www.thewrestlingtalk.com/high...ue-videos.html
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton




  9. #9
    NCAA Champ WhippetGrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moved to Suffolk, VA
    Posts
    1,281

    Default Re: Are there no more moves for me to learn?

    One kid from my high school won a State Championship on a fireman's carry. He could hit it on everyone. It almost always resulted in 4 or 5 points.
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •