Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 19

Thread: I'm so excited!!

  1. #10

    Default Re: I'm so excited!!

    Great motivator. Use It!

  2. #11

    Default Re: I'm so excited!!

    I will also be a spectator, leaving after school and I will see the last of 5 sessions. 4 wrestlers from my team are participating, so far we are 3-1 and in 7th overall.


    Also here is the Results page for those who might care.

  3. #12

    Default Re: I'm so excited!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    I will also be a spectator, leaving after school and I will see the last of 5 sessions. 4 wrestlers from my team are participating, so far we are 3-1 and in 7th overall.


    Also here is the Results page for those who might care.
    Really??
    What school do you go to?
    Also, for those who care, if you didn't go, you missed out. It was amazing. The most exciting event ever. My papa send he is going to get me tickets earlier next year that way we sit closer, it is going to be amazing.

  4. #13

    Default Re: I'm so excited!!

    Brecksville, 5th in DI

    We ended up with a Runner-Up(Kyle Lang), 3rd(Pat Leahy), 6th(Ryan Marks), 7th(Jeremy Johnson).

    Most memorable matches in my mind, Cubberly, Spicel, Roddy, Clark, Taylor, Sergent and all the Monroville Boys. Especially Tessari's big scare.

  5. #14

    Default Re: I'm so excited!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Brecksville, 5th in DI

    We ended up with a Runner-Up(Kyle Lang), 3rd(Pat Leahy), 6th(Ryan Marks), 7th(Jeremy Johnson).

    Most memorable matches in my mind, Cubberly, Spicel, Roddy, Clark, Taylor, Sergent and all the Monroville Boys. Especially Tessari's big scare.
    Ohhh, Tessari's scare, yeah, he was pinned. For sure, but yeah, Kyle Lang is my exact cousins name, my last name is Lang. :]

    But yeah, our school sucks, we had one district qualifier go two and out. LOL! Thats all.

  6. #15

    Sunny Day! Re: I'm so excited!!

    Quote Originally Posted by 103Champ View Post
    Ohhh, Tessari's scare, yeah, he was pinned. For sure, but yeah, Kyle Lang is my exact cousins name, my last name is Lang. :]

    But yeah, our school sucks, we had one district qualifier go two and out. LOL! Thats all.
    Tessari did a great job bridging, I was on the opposite side of the arena so I really don't know for sure if he was ever stuck


    I was hoping this would get called a pin, Phillips had him stuck there for a good 5-10 seconds. I guess he never got both shoulders down.


    Well hopefully you at least have some competition, it is hard to improve when your not wrestling tough kids.

    Just watched the video, Phillips definatly had Smyers pinned down with one leg.

  7. #16
    Olympic Champ therick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: I'm so excited!!

    nice pics Lyle. I was surprised that the ref didn't even start a count for Phillips until he'd had Smyers there for what seemed like 4-5 seconds.

    By the time he started the count, Smyers had adjusted and lifted his right shoulder up.

    Only one dissapointing match of the night and that was when the ref basically gave Clark the state title over White. Clark did nothing but grab an underhook, put his head down and drive while blocking (a la Metcalf to get the stalling call on Schlatter at MIT) and the ref decided that was enough to award a state title. There's only one minute of sudden victory, make someone earn it.

  8. #17

    Default Re: I'm so excited!!

    i totally agree with that therick...really didn't want to see stalling determine that match....How about Neiberts pin in the finals!! Insane.

  9. #18
    Olympic Champ therick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: I'm so excited!!

    No doubt. How about Opfer....24 seconds away and he gets high, then hangs on too long and gets put on his back instead of giving up the escape and taking his chances in OT. I really feel bad for him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •