Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Big Battle in Dirty Jersey

  1. #1

    Default Big Battle in Dirty Jersey

    The top two teams in NJ are facing off. Which are Long Branch and High Point. High Point captured the NJ state title as best team last year. High point is the favorite

    This should be a very interesting dual. Especially to me since I've wrestled both schools. The dual and all of its' matches will be covered by flowrestling.

    High point #1 team in NJ has a season record of 10-2. While Long Branch #2 in NJ as a season record of 9-0. Will Long Branch create an upset and go on with their undefeated record? Or will High Point prove why they are the #1 team in NJ, should be interesting.

    Oh and a side question, how come Blair Academy which is not only the true #1 in NJ but in USA also not have any dual meets in NJ or ranked in NJ?
    "Every artist was first an amateur."
    "You miss 100% of shots you don't take."


  2. #2

    Default Re: Big Battle in Dirty Jersey

    Long Branch wins 27-27 on match criteria wins 8-6. Most exciting match I have seen in a long time. It really upstaged a rather pedestrian college match by Rutgers. Way to go LB!!!
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

  3. #3

    Default Re: Big Battle in Dirty Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by gjfovf View Post
    Long Branch wins 27-27 on match criteria wins 8-6. Most exciting match I have seen in a long time. It really upstaged a rather pedestrian college match by Rutgers. Way to go LB!!!
    Yea it was really suspenseful when I watched it live. Good job to both teams.

    The dude from Long Branch 140 pounds needs to work on his stamina. He got too gassed and fatigued which did cost him the match.
    "Every artist was first an amateur."
    "You miss 100% of shots you don't take."


  4. #4

    Default Re: Big Battle in Dirty Jersey

    does anyone have the results for the 8th coaches all star invatational

  5. #5

    Default Re: Big Battle in Dirty Jersey

    Blair Academy is a prep school, they compete in the NJISSA
    and not the actual high school state championships.

    www1.blair.edu/Athletics/Wrestling/ath_sched_wrestling_prep.cfm

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling_Prodigy View Post
    The top two teams in NJ are facing off. Which are Long Branch and High Point. High Point captured the NJ state title as best team last year. High point is the favorite

    This should be a very interesting dual. Especially to me since I've wrestled both schools. The dual and all of its' matches will be covered by flowrestling.

    High point #1 team in NJ has a season record of 10-2. While Long Branch #2 in NJ as a season record of 9-0. Will Long Branch create an upset and go on with their undefeated record? Or will High Point prove why they are the #1 team in NJ, should be interesting.

    Oh and a side question, how come Blair Academy which is not only the true #1 in NJ but in USA also not have any dual meets in NJ or ranked in NJ?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Big Battle in Dirty Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling_Prodigy View Post
    The top two teams in NJ are facing off. Which are Long Branch and High Point. High Point captured the NJ state title as best team last year. High point is the favorite

    This should be a very interesting dual. Especially to me since I've wrestled both schools. The dual and all of its' matches will be covered by flowrestling.

    High point #1 team in NJ has a season record of 10-2. While Long Branch #2 in NJ as a season record of 9-0. Will Long Branch create an upset and go on with their undefeated record? Or will High Point prove why they are the #1 team in NJ, should be interesting.

    Oh and a side question, how come Blair Academy which is not only the true #1 in NJ but in USA also not have any dual meets in NJ or ranked in NJ?
    Long Branch lost to Phillipsburg on 1-17-09. High Point wrestles Phillipsburg Sat. 1-31-09. Phillipsburg new #1 team in NJ...for now

  7. #7
    Olympic Champ RYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,376

    Default Re: Big Battle in Dirty Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by tdedonno View Post
    Blair Academy is a prep school, they compete in the NJISSA
    and not the actual high school state championships.

    www1.blair.edu/Athletics/Wrestling/ath_sched_wrestling_prep.cfm
    Blair Academy is not in the NJSIAA since they do not wrestle under NJSIAA rules. For tha same reason they are not ranked with other NJ schools.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •