Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Stepping up to a new LEVEL

  1. #1

    Default Stepping up to a new LEVEL

    This is my third year in Varsity Wrestling in Texas, and fourth year in Wrestling overall. From the time I began to now, I've tried to efficiently take all advice I can from my coach, drilling repeatedly, working on my cardio, diet, ect. I've got to Cael Sanderson's websites and studied the tips he offers in the Q@A section. Also, read other mental conditioning books, and I try to implement them to the best of my ability. But, I do see a great improvement in my technique, but not as much as I'd like to. I don't think I'm too high up there at all, and watching some videos people put on youtube and over flowwrestling I know there's so much to work on. I just feel as if I'm not getting the progression I should be. I always do my best to go 100% in practice, and in matches. Is there something I'm missing here? Obviously I have lots to go to be in the great leagues of Dan Gable, Cael Sanderson, John Smith, and even many High School Wrestling participants (even the one you posted in your video of (Sanders, the 5x state champion), ect, or even Bobby Barney down here from Texas. I want to be the best I can be and want to make it to state, but is there something else I need which I'm not getting that you may be able to help me understand? By the way, I'm in the 171 weight class and currently am weighing 166, so I'm dropping down to 160 pretty soon. Thanks for reading and I hope you can respond. Peace.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Stepping up to a new LEVEL

    Quote Originally Posted by smileyman22336 View Post
    This is my third year in Varsity Wrestling in Texas, and fourth year in Wrestling overall. From the time I began to now, I've tried to efficiently take all advice I can from my coach, drilling repeatedly, working on my cardio, diet, ect. I've got to Cael Sanderson's websites and studied the tips he offers in the Q@A section. Also, read other mental conditioning books, and I try to implement them to the best of my ability. But, I do see a great improvement in my technique, but not as much as I'd like to. I don't think I'm too high up there at all, and watching some videos people put on youtube and over flowwrestling I know there's so much to work on. I just feel as if I'm not getting the progression I should be. I always do my best to go 100% in practice, and in matches. Is there something I'm missing here? Obviously I have lots to go to be in the great leagues of Dan Gable, Cael Sanderson, John Smith, and even many High School Wrestling participants (even the one you posted in your video of (Sanders, the 5x state champion), ect, or even Bobby Barney down here from Texas. I want to be the best I can be and want to make it to state, but is there something else I need which I'm not getting that you may be able to help me understand? By the way, I'm in the 171 weight class and currently am weighing 166, so I'm dropping down to 160 pretty soon. Thanks for reading and I hope you can respond. Peace.
    Camps are a plus to get to the next level take and not take any time off, spend extra time after practice working on moves or conditioning, whatever you do outside of regular practice is more work then most kids in the state will be doing which will give you the advantage. Also must make sure you give it 110 percent in practice do not take time off if you feel you are tired or hurt you have to keep pushing through it, how you practice is how you will wrestling humans are creatures of habits so create excellent habits in practice and thats what you will get in a match.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Stepping up to a new LEVEL

    Quote Originally Posted by jrocksmith View Post
    Camps are a plus to get to the next level take and not take any time off, spend extra time after practice working on moves or conditioning, whatever you do outside of regular practice is more work then most kids in the state will be doing which will give you the advantage. Also must make sure you give it 110 percent in practice do not take time off if you feel you are tired or hurt you have to keep pushing through it, how you practice is how you will wrestling humans are creatures of habits so create excellent habits in practice and thats what you will get in a match.
    Thanks a lot for the inspiration and for the advice. I definitely do and will continue to give it my all in practice and go 100% I know I need to spend more time focusing on technique and actual live wrestling. But the thing is, as for the camps, there aren't any im aware of here in Texas, (in the south, where I am)

  4. #4

    Default Re: Stepping up to a new LEVEL

    Quote Originally Posted by smileyman22336 View Post
    Thanks a lot for the inspiration and for the advice. I definitely do and will continue to give it my all in practice and go 100% I know I need to spend more time focusing on technique and actual live wrestling. But the thing is, as for the camps, there aren't any im aware of here in Texas, (in the south, where I am)
    im sure you can find some camps probably harder during the season but possibly find some club teams maybe even some clubs teams at any colleges around you, i am from georgia the south as well. might take some work but if you have to call without giving your name to other high school coaches around and find out info about camps or club teams if you do enough searching you can find it, there are alot of ppl around in the sport that care and want to see ppl succeed so keep searching and keep working if you do that you will succeed in anything that you want to accomplish

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •