1. Use the high in the thigh leg ride. This means that all the deeper you'll be is the top of crew socks showing past opponents crotch.
2. Make sure you keep your hip higher than the opponent's hips
3. Keep a hook on the opposite side
4. Keep your heel to your butt, which will keep the leg ride tight
5. You should be trying to keep one or both of the opponent's hips off the mat.
6. Once you've broken down your opponent, don't relax the ride, apply pressure with a powerhalf.
7. It takes about a whole season to get comfortable doing the above