A question for both coaches and wrestlers.
I am a second year coach, well I'm going to be entering my second year. Last year I really fumbled through and did a lot of thing wrong. I had a pretty major personal tragedy at the beginning of the year--our first child died just hours after he was born--and I almost quit. Anyway it was a tough year and I learned a lot of things, primarily that I need a better plan this year.
I am going to ask my wrestlers, administrators and wrestling community many of these questions as well but before I do I would like to get an idea of how they 'might' respond.
for the wrestlers
- What are some of the things that you would like your team to stand for? i.e. when your community and other teams think of your team what do you want them to think of--not moves but attributes.
- What are some things that your program does that you like? What traditions does your team have that help build teams?
- What are some of the things that your team does that you do not like?
- If you were the coach what would three things would your program do?
For the coaches/administrators
- What does your team stand for and what did you do to establish that?
- What are some of the things that you do to build team? Traditions, and non-hazing initiations.
- What are some mistakes that you see coaches--especially young ones make?
- What advice would you give a first/second/year coach?
Tags for this Thread