For each class in an Olympic wrestling discipline -- men's freestyle (7), men's Greco-Roman (7), women's freestyle (4) -- a country may enter no more than one athlete. To be eligible to compete in Beijing, a wrestler must reach his or her 17th birthday by December 31st, 2008.
• The first 8 men and 8 women in each weight class qualify from the 2007 World Championships
• The first man and first woman from each weight class qualify from European, Asian, African and Pan-American Continental Championships
• For Oceania, a quota of seven places (sex not specified) from among various events will be allocated by a special FILA Commission and the Oceania continental committee.
• The first 4 men and 2 women in each weight class qualify from the first 2008 Olympic qualification tournament
• The first 3 men and 2 women in each weight class qualify from the second 2008 Olympic qualification tournament
• Seven places in any weight class allocated by FILA to ensure representation