Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 30

Thread: Might as well call it Russian Nationals at 74 at Olympics

  1. #19
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the forums
    Posts
    8,345

    Default Re: Might as well call it Russian Nationals at 74 at Olympics

    America winning more medals than any other country is a statistic for housewives, not for serious sports experts.

  2. #20
    Olympic Champ therick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: Might as well call it Russian Nationals at 74 at Olympics

    The medal count period is for housewives and talking heads. I don't know anyone who is a true sports fan, who even cares about that stat.

    True sports fans will watch no matter who is playing or what they are playing. They watch because they appreciate human competition.


    Track and field is a racist sport. Mostly black guys win the sprints.

    I laughed outloud at this statement. So, it's the clock, the measuring tape, and the bar (height events), that are racists. Wow, I didn't know inanimate objects cared that much about color of skin.

    That has to be the dumbest statement I've read on here a long time.

    As opposed to referees who are more likely to get pressured into changing calls, etc. by eastern european wrestling federations. Cause, we all know that that has never happened before.

  3. #21
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the forums
    Posts
    8,345

    Default Re: Might as well call it Russian Nationals at 74 at Olympics

    Sprinting is one of the few sports where genetics generally favor one race over another, black over white. That is because generally black people are born with a higher percentage of type two or fast twitch muscle fibers needed for fast sprinting. That is also why most black wrestlers are fast and explosive but don't have the best endurance.

  4. #22
    Olympic Champ therick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: Might as well call it Russian Nationals at 74 at Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Sprinting is one of the few sports where genetics generally favor one race over another, black over white. That is because generally black people are born with a higher percentage of type two or fast twitch muscle fibers needed for fast sprinting. That is also why most black wrestlers are fast and explosive but don't have the best endurance.
    So, how does that explain the domination of african runners in distance races?

    Is it just that they run faster no matter what the pace or distance?

  5. #23
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the forums
    Posts
    8,345

    Default Re: Might as well call it Russian Nationals at 74 at Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by therick View Post
    So, how does that explain the domination of african runners in distance races?

    Is it just that they run faster no matter what the pace or distance?
    That is a different story. Its due to their culture. If you eat very little and constantly run your type 2 muscles do not develop and you end up very skinny which is good for long distance running. The more people like that you have the better chances you have of getting a couple dominating runners.

  6. #24
    Olympic Champ therick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: Might as well call it Russian Nationals at 74 at Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    That is a different story. Its due to their culture. If you eat very little and constantly run your type 2 muscles do not develop and you end up very skinny which is good for long distance running. The more people like that you have the better chances you have of getting a couple dominating runners.

    A couple? hmmmmm, I could have sworn that it was dozens and dozens of Kenyans over who have dominated the marathon, and other long distance races over the last 20 years.

    What about the 400 and 800? Those require equal parts of both endurance and speed. Are those the only equal opportunity events?

  7. #25
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the forums
    Posts
    8,345

    Default Re: Might as well call it Russian Nationals at 74 at Olympics

    Anything under 1 mile favors black people but the closer the distance is to 100 the more it favors them.

    I meant a couple of dominating runners every year or Olympics or whatever. Its due to their culture and lifestyle. Their long distance running ability is a sign of a deficiency of food and emphasis on running to wherever they are going.

    They are not truly fit though. They are great long distance runners but I bet their strength might be worse than for an average man of their size.

  8. #26

    Default Re: Might as well call it Russian Nationals at 74 at Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by ISU2008 View Post
    ...whereas you are an equal opportunity offender
    Sigh...indeed.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

    "If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

  9. #27

    Default Re: Might as well call it Russian Nationals at 74 at Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by therick View Post
    A couple? hmmmmm, I could have sworn that it was dozens and dozens of Kenyans over who have dominated the marathon, and other long distance races over the last 20 years.

    What about the 400 and 800? Those require equal parts of both endurance and speed. Are those the only equal opportunity events?
    Must be the rick, Jeremy Wariner is killing everyone in the 400 (A dist. under 1 mile)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •